Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefieldofdreams
Stranger
Raping the field
    #4211012 - 05/23/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Last season I found a goldmine. But i think i went a little crazy on it. The last few times i went, the shrooms were nowhere to be found. The question I have, will the field be ok this season?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUrb
Last Man Standing
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: Raping the field [Re: fieldofdreams]
    #4211068 - 05/23/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You can over pick a field.

How you pick makes a difference too. Always cut the mushroom as compared to pulling it up. That way you don't disturb the mycelium.

I always leave the smaller ones for another day.

--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

Edited by Urb (05/23/05 07:50 PM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Raping the field [Re: fieldofdreams]
    #4211154 - 05/23/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

there have already been lengthy arguements about this "overpicking" topic.

i personally believe overpicking is a real possibility.
in fact i have witnessed it.

others will argue that overpicking is not a possibility.

i will add that mushrooms are a lot like fruit,
like picking strawberrys,
you can harvest and harvest and they will still fruit when the time is right.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Raping the field [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4211191 - 05/23/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

But would last season make a difference or does the myc. stay dormant over winter?

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Raping the field [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4211375 - 05/23/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So, when picking, is it wise to leave some shrooms there? When I pick and it's a good yield, I usually leave the little ones behind, andthing smaller than 1.5cm cap gets left behind..

And if overpicking can occur, then what explains the mushrooms in the off-season, do the spores just sit there? There are no mushrooms to propagate the strain anymore. How can you overpick, if in the winter rains/everything else comes, and there are no growing mushrooms to continue to expel spores, then how is it that in the spring time they come right back up again?

But thanks for the advice about cutting, what I usually do it use my naisl to sort of cut into the stem and tear it. I didn't know about the mycellium importance.

--------------------
So it goes.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Raping the field [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4211377 - 05/23/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, and it isn't quite in season yet for alot of places, and it hasn't rained lately, which explains the lack of mushrooms.

--------------------
So it goes.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Raping the field [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4211383 - 05/23/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Cattle are moved from paddock to paddock and often they shit at diffeent times in different places. So there is a six week wait and if the ret of the conditions are not right, they might bnot be as plentiful and other times many. No field is really overpicked.

Even in hawaii where I was sable to pick daily at many ranches, I obserged fields with shrooms and then no shrooms for a few years and then shrooms again. The result of cattle being contantly moved from paddock to paddock.

Also remember, not every field has them it it. Just keep looking. Eventually you will find more.

The majority of people who pick shrooms tend to go towhere they know and see no need to find bigger better piocking fields.

Good luck.

And to the person who suggested scissors for not damaging the mycelium, well that applies to woodchip mushrooms and actually serves two purposes.

One: It keeps mycellium intacked under woodchips so it contiues to grow for the spawn run, usually a fes months.

Two: it keeps thew woodchips out of the gills fo the caps when collecitng and placing them in either paper bags, on waxed paper in a basket or in a cardboard box. AS for scissors on the shrooms growing in manure. twist the shroom out gently without squeezing the stem and then you get nice claean shrooms with little oxidation. Check GGreatOne234's images or mine of Copes without bluing or cubes without bluing. WE have both poted how to lift the shrooms out on many ocassions as have most of the moderators in this foum.

So scissors are not necessary for cubes or copes, except for cutting away excess manure.

But that can be removed with the fingers. Maybe I can make a forty second video of how to remove the manure from a Cope when picking. Would be a good post to make when I come home.

mj

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Raping the field [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4211396 - 05/23/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, that video would be super helpful =P

--------------------
So it goes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags