Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Think I'll be alright?
    #4211137 - 05/23/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, so I think I did everything right but I can't help but think I messed up somewhere along the line. Call it paranoia.

I made the BRF/Vermiculite mixture in my basement. I tried to do some things that will help decrease my chances of contamination. I mixed it in a fairly clean room and tried not to touch any of the mixture with my hands. I used a new fresh bag of vermiculite, a new bag of brown rice flour from an organic food store and an unopened bottle of spring water.

Then I pressure cooked each of the jars for about an hour at 12 psi, its the only pressure I had to select from and from reading posts, I think it would be fine considering I put them in for so long. Afterwards I placed all the jars, with the aluminum foil still on, into a tupperware container that I sprayed with lysol to cool overnight.

Next step, inoculation. I may have went over board with these measures but maybe it wasn't enough... dunno.

I sprayed my entire bathroom (it was a seperate room from the toliet and shower, only has the sinks and mirror in it) with a cleaner that killed germs. I mopped the floor with the same soap and scrubbed the counter that I was going to work on. I turned off the central air, so no new air was coming in. I scrubbed my hands and head with antibaterial soap. I changed into new fresh clothes, long sleeves and pants and sprayed myself with lysol (damn I'm still burning). I also put on new dishwashing gloves, a hat, and a dustmask.

I created a glove box that I also sprayed the inside with. And inside I put the sterile jars in and took off the foil to start. At first I wipped the lid of each jar with alcohol pads, flamed the needle and wipped that too with the alcohol pad. Everytime I took the needle out I wipped it, everytime I moved onto another jar I flamed it and then wipped it. I tried for the needle to never touch anything but it may have bumped into the side once or twice, but I was constantly wipping and the box had been sprayed completely. In all honestly, I went crazy with that spray, every chance I got I sprayed... almost for no reason. If it wasn't for the dust mask I was wearing I would probably have died.

I think it was all good except since I should off the central air I was sweating abit, none rolled off my face but still... its my major concern.

So you think this was good enough or was there something that I may have missed?

Please someone tell me everything will be alright. (I know only time can really tell)

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Think I'll be alright? [Re: Gatorade]
    #4211169 - 05/23/05 07:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You should be more than fine. People don't take half the precautions you do and still grow mega amounts of shrooms. Good for you for being extra cautious though :smile:

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Edited by Mighty Bop (05/23/05 07:44 PM)

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: Think I'll be alright? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4211213 - 05/23/05 07:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

damn, id be concerned about your health dude not the shrooms.

IMO if you are using a glove box and a mask, you should be set after the whole showering thing, no need to lysol yourself. I did my first ever run and it was PF Tek.. I innoced out in the open without gloves, glove box, or mask and i have 0% contams so far. I just built a glovebox and i would imagine ill keep my contam record pretty low for the rest of my time.

Invisiblerammbler
El primo de losmatador
Male User Gallery

#4211228 - 05/23/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Boy that's going a little overboard. I don't do have that stuff and I have done fine with pf cakes. I would be more worried that all the Lysol will cause mutant, they will be alright but ugly and twisted.

--------------------
"Fuck'em if they can't take a joke" BOB

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Think I'll be alright? [Re: Mych]
    #4211230 - 05/23/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah you really only need to spray your work area really good one time before you get down to business :smile: That's what I do anyways.....

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: Think I'll be alright? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4211385 - 05/23/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yea I suppose I was a little to concerned with contams... but since it was my first attempt ever to grow I didn't what to take any chances.

All 12 of my jars are now being kept at a constnat 84 degrees and I hope I can see some signs of growth in a few days. I heard that south american is a fast strain so lets see if what I heard was right.

If this all works out I may step up to the poo/staw casing method... I think I proved that I take sterilizing seriously.

I will have some pictures of my setup posted in a day or so.

...I'm still burning

--------------------

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

#4227092 - 05/27/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Its been four days and I have just noticed some white fuzz in a few of my jars.  Its not equally present in jar, looks like some spots got more then others and they have started first. 

No sign of contams (better not be)

I'm getting excited because this my first time grow and everything is coming togather...

:smile:

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #4227204 - 05/27/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

sounds good.

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: Think I'll be alright? [Re: Liquidkick]
    #4227570 - 05/27/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

there wasn't any floating in the air at the time, i made sure it all fell first before I had started. So I know nothing landed on the syringe or entered the jar.

Growth is coming along fine so its all looking good.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation