Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Loc: UK, Hellas
Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious??
    #4206265 - 05/22/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I often find muself in a very weird situation when I'm under the influence of any drug (including alcohol).
When I'm sobber my thoughs are always very relaxed, I'm confident about myself, my future

On the other hand when I take drugs I start having the most serious thoughts. I start thinking about interest rates, job security, house prices, inflation. Its like the opposite thing to most people. Most people take drugs in order to cheer themselves or forget things. On the other hand, I start thinking about the things that most people would like to "not think".

I just find it a bit weird and wondered what people here thought about something like that.
The only explaination that I have is that when I'm sobber I'm confident that I can handle an unpredictable situation hence I am relaxed but when I'm under the influence I lose confidence in my ability to deal with something unpredictable (since I'm not able to think clearly),.

Its very annoying as well, since I'm in a situation where I'd like to enjoy myself (trippin) and all these thoughts that I don't even worry about most of the time coem to my head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: trunksan]
    #4206299 - 05/22/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting. You must have backwards wiring or maybe most everyone else is wired backwards. It's usually the other way around for people.

That's a GOOD thing. People abuse their bodies with toxins and what not to take the edge off, loose inhibitions, and relax and that's how you are naturally. Why bother with drug substances at all then?

If you do use hem, there must be some sort of benefit to you that you keep returning too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4206360 - 05/22/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

bottoms up jiggy

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #4206370 - 05/22/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:cheers:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4210635 - 05/23/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
If you do use hem, there must be some sort of benefit to you that you keep returning too.

Yes! Although in small dosages otherwise I get all serious!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4210699 - 05/23/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Don't blame the drugs.." :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Loc: eye of the beerholder
    #4210709 - 05/23/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

God, I understand! I always think I'm really not right when I'm using ANY drugs with my friends. It's very hard fo rme to "let go" and have fun. My mind still reverts to all the serious issues of life. I honestly prefer to stay sober, that is when I feel my absolute best, fun-loving, and outgoing.

--------------------
Live free or die.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: WoodsCall]
    #4210728 - 05/23/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Damn those durgs!

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#4210850 - 05/23/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

there are more subtle sensations of experience that i think you might be missing, like your breath, which when focusing on will become lighter and easier. through breathing and stretching exercises you might find experiences of relaxation and pleasure and a greater sense of confidence and connection to your body. perhaps outside of a social situation you might consider trying these types of exercises with ssmall amounts of marijuana, if you have had success with them. consider looking into pranayam and other yoga exercises.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineDeviate
    #4211959 - 05/23/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i'm the same way. when i'm stoned i lose my confidence in my ability to deal with situations, even situations which should be no problem for a stoned person.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #4212042 - 05/23/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trunksan said:
I often find muself in a very weird situation when I'm under the influence of any drug (including alcohol).
When I'm sobber my thoughs are always very relaxed, I'm confident about myself, my future

On the other hand when I take drugs I start having the most serious thoughts. I start thinking about interest rates, job security, house prices, inflation. Its like the opposite thing to most people. Most people take drugs in order to cheer themselves or forget things. On the other hand, I start thinking about the things that most people would like to "not think".

I just find it a bit weird and wondered what people here thought about something like that.
The only explaination that I have is that when I'm sobber I'm confident that I can handle an unpredictable situation hence I am relaxed but when I'm under the influence I lose confidence in my ability to deal with something unpredictable (since I'm not able to think clearly),.

Its very annoying as well, since I'm in a situation where I'd like to enjoy myself (trippin) and all these thoughts that I don't even worry about most of the time coem to my head.

I've talked to a few other people about this. Not very many.

During my teen-age years and early 20s, I could do drugs. Then, in my mid 20s, I noticed that drugs (except for alcohol) were making me feel paranoid, or anxious.

I remember when I was attending UCI and I got on a bus to go to a graduate student party. First thing when I got off the bus, I was offered a hit. I took it, and then turned around and got back on the next bus going back to my room.

Even though I had done a lot of different drugs from 13 to 25, none of them had affected me other than in the ways they normally affect people. I even, um, could have set up a market if things had been legal at that time.

Everyone's brains are different. We are wired differently, both chemically and organically. You might be possibly finding out that you are wired differently.

I have had to give up everything, from the time I was 26 until now. I can't ingest anything more that 2 cups of coffee, and several glasses of wines, per day. Otherwise, I become anxious.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: Veritas]
    #4212665 - 05/23/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

now, now... i tried my hardest not to  :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4214353 - 05/24/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know, I know...I should have resisted!    :blush:

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Durgs -> Make me serious/anxious?? [Re: Veritas]
    #4217537 - 05/25/05 05:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I understant what all you guys mean. What's actually weird with me is that I don't get serious over short-term issues, I.e how am I going to walk home or how am I going to wake up 2moro, how I'm going to talk to sober people.
I get concerned about long-term things (employment, career, politics), its stupid how I think about those things at that time since they are totally irrelevant.

Anyway, even my girlfriend calls me weird, so I guess something in my brain is wired the opposite way. I was just wandering if other people had similar thoughts!

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #4217997 - 05/25/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean man, although I don't really get serious, I just get really anxious, usually to the state of panic. Ever since a bad mushroom trip I had, whenever I touch nearly any drug I feel the same feelings I had on that night. I don't even know what I'm anxious about, my mind is just racing about so many different things. I absolutely hate it, but hey, I'm totally clean now from everything except the occasional valium or xanax(which is really the only thing that really makes me relax), so I guess there is a bright side.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies