Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed
    #4209886 - 05/23/05 02:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hi everyone, I'm back after the much delayed repair of my computer and had some questions that I would like some opinion on.

First, I was wondering if it would be possible to trip whilst sleeping, and what would happen if one was to do it? I know it's impossible to sleep once tripping, but often when I'm at university I find myself falling into irregular sleeping patterns, which sometimes means that I'm awake for up to 36 hours at a time. After such a time, sleeping for me can be achieved in minutes or even seconds (even with music playing), whereas normally it might take me an hour or more. If I were to eat mushrooms before going into such a sleep, would I just be forced into waking up once the trip starts or would I just sleep through it? Would it affect dreams or wouldn't I notice? Just curious to see if anyone has tried it. I'm not sure if trying this would be a good idea.

Secondly, has anyone ever tripped on weed? I went to Amsterdam last week and ate a space cake in one of the coffee shops. I've had the same there twice before, the first time I just ended up forgetful and a sinking heavy feeling, the second time I couldn't stop laughing at a drunk French guy arguing with bar staff in a cafe. But the most recent time I really felt trippy, like the patterns in the walls started to go into impossible layers and I felt like sections of my body were turning into some sort of "static" whilst I was walking down the main street, and then I became paranoid that some people were following me, and turned around and there were two police men right behind me. The effects lasted a good 7 hours too. Some of it was quite scary, but once I got on the train and back home it was pretty good. There were definite visuals, like patterns of shapes zooming towards me when I sat in my room in the dark at home. Has anyone had an experience like that from weed? I'm not the most experienced person when it comes to weed (only my 5th time actually), but I certainly wasn't expecting what happened and wasn't prepared for it.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: TurricaN]
    #4210425 - 05/23/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know much about the mushrooms part, though "tripping" on weed is possible. It's not really tripping per se but it can be very...different. I mean different than a normal high. It really depends on the weed and your personal reaction. I have seen like blinding white frames and things around my vision and big white spots as well as patterns while being very high so it's also possible that you got alot more stoned that usual. Hope that's some help.

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: b1tH]
    #4210456 - 05/23/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I took LSd once, and fell asleep before it kicked in, I can't remember anything about being asleep, but on waking, I was having hallucinations akin to an acid come-down. It was pretty boring really. I felt completely rested though...

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: Kalix]
    #4210497 - 05/23/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You can fall asleep while tripping, it's just hard.

Very hard. You have to be REALLY tired and have a rather small-medium dose, or be in the comedown. Otherwise your mind has WAY too much activity to settle into sleep easily.

--------------------
So it goes.

Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4210991 - 05/23/05 06:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, (Just FYI I've never done shrooms or acid) I did alot of Methlyn (Ritalin) once and my mind was like playing a game with itself... I fell asleep physically but not mentally. It was really weird. I wonder if that's possible on shrooms?

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: TurricaN]
    #4211317 - 05/23/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the closest thing to tripping while sleeping was with nicotine patches. its really vivid and definatly a good experience.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4211421 - 05/23/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nicotine is toxic and addictive, I would not use one of those patches for any other reason than to help quit cigarettes.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinenitroguy
SeiZureS

Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: gdman]
    #4293642 - 06/14/05 01:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I no longer dream. That is, all my dreams I remember as just tripped out segments of my life, hard to distinguish between them and a memory of a trip. This started about a year ago. Does that count :-P

Sleeping while tripping is not so easy but when you try to its freakin awesome. You physically feel like you just shrank into a tiny segment as you float away into your mind which you get to spend some quality time with as you get a sorta lucid dream type feeling. At least thats what happens to me and Ive tried falling asleep 2-3 times on shrooms and each time it has been awesome.

Also, I have tripped off weed but I not many visuals. Most of the "trips" are better described as minutes of paranoid delusions and mind battles and they are not fun. Once I thought that I had dislocated my jaw while I was eating a chip. I looked in the mirror and I saw my face all messed up. Rather freaked out I jumped back and looked again and I was back to normal--weird shit.

--------------------
...Weapons are meant for destruction,
and thus are avoided by the wise.
Only as a last resort
will a wise person use a deadly weapon.
If peace is her true objective
how can she rejoice in the victory of war?
Those who rejoice in victory
delight in the slaughter of humanity.
Those who resort to violence
will never bring peace to the world...

Lao-Tzu, "Tao Te Ching--31" trans. J.H. McDonald

OfflineProtexBlue292
Stranger
Re: Tripping and sleeping / Tripping on weed [Re: nitroguy]
    #4293650 - 06/14/05 01:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

One time I was trying to fall asleep on my come down, but I couldnt since I kept thinking of fucked up plants.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience