Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
stranger thanstrange

last night's chicago adventure:
    #4209851 - 05/23/05 02:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yesterday proved to be quite an interesting day. i woke up and got ready to go paintballing with my family for my little brother's birthday. that was a lot of fun but also left me sore and exhausted. afterwards i was planning on going to sleep for a while when i got a call from my friend kc asking if i want to accompany him to chicago for the terrapin flyer show at the goose island brewery in chicago. i didn't have much going on so i said sure, and we left within 30 minutes. in other words, i was extremely fatigued mentally and physically from this weekend and decided to go anyways

the drive down there went by pretty quickly ... getting blazed usually helps the time go by anyways. i hadn't eaten all day so i was starving. as a result of being tired and hungry my judgement wasn't all that clear, we made the mistake of eating at white castle. fortunately i didn't eat that much, but what i ate period was too much as i would soon find out later

we find a spot around wrigley field, walk around and blaze a bowl, then head into the brewery where we met troy and his friends there (kc's friend from various shows, it was his 37th birthday so we surprised him coming down. he was really awesome, rockin the tye-dye dead shirt and slush puppie hat ... how cool is that?). started off with a hex nut brown beer i think and got a feel for the place. then we headed into the back where the music was going to be. i saw a band member from cornmeal who was in this band and coincidentally i was wearing my cornmeal shirt, the guy comes up and goes "nice shirt man" ... well anyways i continued drinking a little bit and soaking up the cool vibes of the place

they start playing and start rockin out from the get-go. the band is sort of a jerry garcia band cover band, etc which was pretty cool. the first set i was rockin out nasty ... well like i said before it was troy's birthday so someone ended up busting out some munchables to share with whoever was down. a few people indulged in a little and i said i would eat some, expecting only to get a little but was given more than i expected ... so then i started feeling sick, like i was going to yack. i went up to the bathroom and threw up a bunch of times, got out and this guy thought i was doing blow, i told him i was puking, and then i went back down to the show ... trying to overcome the uncomfort in my stomach. well that didn't work, i felt like i was going to yack some more so i told kc i was going to go outside for some fresh air and he came with me outside. we found some alley and i proceeded to yack my freakin brains out which was extremely nasty and uncomfortable. we blazed in the back and that helped me a little bit. well we go back in and i dont feel good at all still, i have no energy and i feel spent from puking so many times

i ask kc for the keys to his car because i can't take being inside the venue with all these strangers, being sick and fucked up, and i just felt uncomfortable being in a foreign place only knowing 1 person who wasn't even fucked up. so i leave and i go puke some more. as i'm walking back i see this black and white stray kitty which seemed like a god-send at that moment. she totally helped me chill out and i felt like a crazy person because i was talking out loud to this cat and playing with it for at least 20 minutes. then i decided i needed to either puke, piss, or shit, i couldn't figure out how my body felt ... i felt detached from reality in other words. so i went to the car and listened to some music, but then i started feeling sketch like people would think i was breaking into this car and sitting in the car doing nothing made me feel shady, especially since we were on a busy road and there's cops and people all around. i got out of there and decided to walk around in hopes of feeling better and waiting for kc to get back to the car

i walked around for 20-30 minutes and this was not very pleasant. i started getting really down on myself, on my life, and feeling all these negative emotions. i was lost in an unfamiliar city, alone with no one to talk to, sick, my stomach was spent, and i barely had any money in my pockets either. i would walk down one block and walk back on the other side so i didn't get lost. eventually kc and i met up back at his car and he said he was waiting for a while for me, trying to call me. being the bonehead i was, i forgot that he didn't have my normal number, not my prepaid phone number which i didn't bring so i felt pretty bad for wasting his time because he had to work at 7am. now i started to feel better because all i wanted to do was get back to my place and go to sleep.

the drive back was good and i started feeling a whole hell of a lot better than i had before. it was a complete 180 spin, and i came away from the experience with positive memories. it was a learning experience to say the least, and hopefully i won't forget that

and that was my night, filled with many ups and downs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: last night's chicago adventure: [Re: dnL]
    #4209871 - 05/23/05 02:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

welcome to the jungle.
chi rules.

Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: last night's chicago adventure: [Re: dnL]
    #4214281 - 05/24/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ha I just saw this post. Yeah Sunday was a good time.

i started getting really down on myself, on my life, and feeling all these negative emotions. i was lost in an unfamiliar city, alone with no one to talk to, sick, my stomach was spent, and i barely had any money in my pockets either.

Experiences like that only make you stronger.

Oh yeah here's the setlist (these guys freakin rock!):

5/22/05 Goose Island Wrigleyville; Chicago, IL
Terrapin Flyer with Melvin Seals

Harder They Come
They Love Each Other
Second That Emotion
Sitting In Limbo
Tore Up
Run for the Roses

Set II:

Cats Under Stars
Mission in the Rain
Dear Prudence
After Midnight*
Tangled Up In Blue

Entire show with Pat Mallinger on sax
* with Paris Delane

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

User Gallery

Loc: Vaporwaving like its 1999
Re: last night's chicago adventure: [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #4214292 - 05/24/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Chicago is always an adventure. I really like Chi as far as big cities go.

Re: last night's chicago adventure: [Re: California]
    #4214584 - 05/24/05 04:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hell yea
chitown pride.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Community >> The Pub