Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

wtf?
    #4209193 - 05/23/05 05:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

follow up on the skulls and bones thread:

why lock up a thread because a few people started the flaming game? not a warning was even given out...and plus Paradigm and Usefulidiot were having a nice discussion that could've ended up somewhere interesting, had a moderator not put a complete stop to the whole thing. apparently, the mod in question was definitely influenced by his political tendencies when he locked the thread, that's kind of disgusting.

Moreover, Paradigm, i cannot believe that you cannot, and don't want to, see any further than the sole actions of your president. sometimes, and particularly in this case, it is more important to find out the intentions rather than the actions.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: wtf? [Re: exclusive58]
    #4209231 - 05/23/05 07:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Paradigm said:
Is Bush a member of Skull & Bones? Yes he is. Is that anything to worry about? I have yet to see evidence from any reliable sources to suggest it is.
-

Do you really think you're going to get any evidence that there's something to worry about? Are you really so naive to think that if there was something to worry about, you would be informed about it?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4209259 - 05/23/05 07:47 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I locked it so bans wouldn't have to be given. You will note I didn't edit any of the comments, I didn't delete any of the posts (everything is still there for anyone to read exactly as it was written -- hence no "censorship") nor did I hand out bans although by rights I could have.

Those who feel the topic of the thread had some merit and hadn't yet been thoroughly explored are left perfectly free to start another thread addressing the same topic and continue a civil discussion. This just might be that thread.

However, since locking a thread to prevent flamefests seems to be a moderator action of which you disapprove, be aware that any flames in this thread will be greeted with bans. I have every confidence that will not be necessary.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4209341 - 05/23/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
why lock up a thread because a few people started the flaming game? not a warning was even given out...and plus Paradigm and Usefulidiot were having a nice discussion that could've ended up somewhere interesting, had a moderator not put a complete stop to the whole thing. apparently, the mod in question was definitely influenced by his political tendencies when he locked the thread, that's kind of disgusting.

If I was a mod, I would bring the smackdown so hard on people I disagreed with. I would be banning, locking, and patrolling so that the other side didn't even get a word in. I would be a little Stalin with an "M" beside my name.

Muhahahaha!!!

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: wtf? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4209587 - 05/23/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

you wouldn't though, you're not like that

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4210855 - 05/23/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Paradigm said:
Is Bush a member of Skull & Bones? Yes he is. Is that anything to worry about? I have yet to see evidence from any reliable sources to suggest it is.
-

Do you really think you're going to get any evidence that there's something to worry about? Are you really so naive to think that if there was something to worry about, you would be informed about it?

I work with what I know. And what I know is limited to what can be known. There's no use speculating as to what might be if it can't be known. This has nothing to do with naivete, and everything to do with realism. There is certainly no point in speculating about something, and then getting pissed off at that speculation.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: wtf? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4210926 - 05/23/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That is exactly my stance on the matter as well Paradigm.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: wtf? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4211441 - 05/23/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's called a closed mind

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: wtf? [Re: faslimy]
    #4211458 - 05/23/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What? It's called being rational.

Believing something based on no hard evidence and refusing to change your position is being close minded.

There are more important things to worry about then if the President is part of a secret organization bent on world rule. One very simple thing that is more important is removing his power to make broad reaching changes which seem to be un-Constitutional. If he doesn't have the power to make drastic changes then who cares what secret organization he joined. The president should have a very limited role when it comes to individual states. Hell everyone should have very limited rights when it comes to individual rights but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: wtf? [Re: newuser1492]
    #4211473 - 05/23/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Believing in anything = manipulated

Open your mind to everything, entertain an idea even if you fear it. Limiting yourself to what you think can and can't be known is a closed mind operating on beliefs = manipulated

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4211494 - 05/23/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This seemed like an apt quote for some reason.

Quote:

"With so many mindbytes to be downloaded, so many mental codons to be replicated, it is no wonder that child brains are gullible, open to almost any suggestion, vulnerable to subversion, easy prey to Moonies, Scientologists and nuns. Like immune-deficient patients, children are wide open to mental infections that adults might brush off without effort."

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #4212714 - 05/24/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So by opening my mind to everything, is different than believing everything?

I dont believe everything i see or hear. Im open minded to the fact that i might not know whether this has anything to do with reality. This could just be another tactic employed by his administration to take away from REAL issues. Now hows that for a conspiracy theory? Are you gonna try to say thats too radical now?

Tell me Karl Rove is a member of the Skull and Bones, and well see if that changes my mind at all.

But investing faith in something i cant prove, could do me more harm than good, and in actuality close my mind off to the most pressing matters.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4212860 - 05/24/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

Re: wtf? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4214618 - 05/24/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I find it odd that he plays the role of born again christian to get votes, and then secretly takes part in occult rituals at the Skull and Bones and Bohemian grove (or atleast is a witness). What do occult rituals have to do with christianity?

Its not hidden information about what goes on in the skull and bones, its pretty twisted even if these rituals are just for 'fun'.. Its also quite odd how its members all get high ranking positions in gov and bussiness.

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: wtf? [Re: J4S0N]
    #4215619 - 05/24/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe, just maybe, this conspiracy isn't as vast as we think.

Quote:

Its also quite odd how its members all get high ranking positions in gov and bussiness.

yea, guys from Ivy leageu schools getting positions in business? seems pretty shady to me!

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: wtf? [Re: SoopaX]
    #4217607 - 05/25/05 07:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

they aren't just any guys, these are people who have powerful and very influential positions.

supposedly, the main purpose of this secret society is to get as many members as possible into positions of power.

this is something that we need to know about, their true (but hidden) intentions may well not be revealed until its too late.

Paradigm, i know this image is very exagerated, but here's how i see your attitude concerning this secret society:
you're kind of like the european leaders in the 1930s who adopted the "laissez-faire" attitude in regards to Hitler's rise to power who were blinding themselves and didn't want to acknowledge that he was a very possible threat and who kept thinking that he was going to stop his expansion after awhile. Hitler's aid to Franco's regime was diregarded during Spain's civil war (he sent bombers to spain and killed tens of thousands of people...Picasso did a famous painting on this, i don't remember its name), then the production of military products was raised by 200% or something, he formed an alliance with Mussolini, he forcefully annexed a part of the country of Austria to Germany...and all the while, politicians never said anything, they just let him do his thing.

The only moment when something was done against his actions was when he did his "lightning attack" in Poland, and only then did France and Britain declare war. But it was too late..

See Paradigm, Hitler's real intentions were truely revealed once all the pieces were already set. Even though these intentions were obvious to quite a few people, the politicians never wanted to see further than the tip of their nose.

History repeats itself. the danger is obvious to some, but its simply not there to others...

But hey, we're lucky because we know History, this means we can learn from it and not commit the same mistakes. But we also have the choice to disregard it.

So please, before saying that there is no reason we should worry about this secret society and those at the head of it, investigate for yourself what these people's intentions may be and don't stop thinking only when you've discovered their actions, because actions may only reveal a tiny fraction of their intentions.

and remember, never underestimate the intensity of the hunger for power, especially when the power available is greater than ever before.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4217645 - 05/25/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There's no use speculating as to what might be if it can't be known. This has nothing to do with naivete, and everything to do with realism.

So it would have been useless to speculate on the possibility that Hitler was going to commit a massive genocide?
exclusive:laugh:o you belive in destiny?
Paradigm: Yes, what is meant to happen happens. The unfolding of events are above our reach. Everything is already written.

:mad2: you anti-neo!  :grin: ...i think anti-neos are naive... :crazy2:

There is certainly no point in speculating about something, and then getting pissed off at that speculation.

Ya, there is no point in getting pissed off at a speculation, but speculation is not useless. To speculate is to define a possible outcome. Yes, there are millions of possible outcomes, but some are more possible than ohers. These are the outcomes that are the most useful to consider.

Anticipation man, anticipation. Otherwise, you're just like a slave to the facts. Facts alone won't bring you very far...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4217689 - 05/25/05 08:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, but that's complete bullshit. Hitler made his intentions very clear in Mein Kampf, just as the neocons have made their intentions clear in PNAC. There's no need to speculate about what goes on in a secret society to see that he's up to no good. You act like I support Bush, which couldn't be further from the truth. Must I believe every kooky conspiracy theory about Bush in order to oppose him? There's plenty that is known about him that I don't like, and that's enough for me. There is a huge difference between naivete and skepticism.

Also, if this society's intention is to get as many of its members as possible into positions of power, isn't that the same as the Democratic and Republican parties?

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4217895 - 05/25/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No you must not believe conspiracies, but at least be open minded enough to entertain the ideas in your head and see if they ring true or not. Personally, when i do that, i ask myself "how far are a group of people ready to go in order to obtain a maximum of wealth and power?". And my anwer is "probably further than i could ever imagine."

Also, if this society's intention is to get as many of its members as possible into positions of power, isn't that the same as the Democratic and Republican parties?

Well, I've never heard anyone say "I'm not allowed to talk about the Democratic party" or "I'm not even sure the Republican party still exists" (like what Bush said concerning the Bones and Skulls society).

There's plenty that is known about him that I don't like, and that's enough for me.

What a curious thing to say. So you're fed up with what you know about him, which makes you not give a shit about what you don't? What if what you dont know is of greater importance than what you do? Wouldn't that be a good enough reason to slap yourself in the face for saying this?

I think there are alot of things that aren't know by the general public concerning Bush, and maybe some of these things would be much more interesting that what is already known.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4217915 - 05/25/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Bush is practically turning the government into a secret society.

Bush, a loyal and particularly active member of Skull and Bones, a mysterious, historically misogynist Yale-based secret society, seems to have done almost all he can to promote a level of secrecy in government not seen since the Nixon administration:

* Last month, Bush-appointed Assistant Attorney General Robert McCallum, a member of Bush's 1968 Skull and Bones class, filed pleadings in U.S. District Court seeking to extend executive privilege to any government official in pardon cases; the move makes information on presidential pardons more secret than it has ever been.

* After 9/11, without initially telling Congress, Bush assembled a shadow government assigned to secret bunkers somewhere on the East Coast. He also tried to cut off some members of Congress from classified information about the anti-terrorist campaign.

* The USA Patriot Act Bush eagerly signed lets the FBI - with permission from a secret Washington "spy court" - view some customer records; store owners cannot reveal the review

* In October 2001, Attorney General John Ashcroft released a memo encouraging federal agencies to withhold as much information as possible from the public.

* A month later, just before documents from the Reagan-Bush administration were to be released, Bush signed an executive order severely hindering public access to former presidents' records.

* Bush also signed legislation that jails or fines journalists who publish sensitive leaks, essentially reviving the Official Secrecy Act that President Clinton vetoed. "

http://www.bilderberg.org/skulbone.htm

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4217988 - 05/25/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you continue to twist my words, I'm afraid I cannot continue this discussion. I have not said that I don't care about what I don't know. I will simply suspend judgement until it is known. Now please, stick to what I have said, or I will discontinue this conversation.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4218621 - 05/25/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Orrrrr, you could just admit you were wrong instead of putting the blame on me.

"There's plenty that is known about him that I don't like, and that's enough for me."

Unless i'm misinterpreting, you clearly said that what you know is enough.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4219359 - 05/25/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No, what I said was that it's enough for me to dislike him, not that I'm shuting my mind off to anything else.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates