Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Question about the body (meditating? psych people?)
    #4205023 - 05/21/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm wondering specifically what this is.. when I lie in bed i can focus on a specific spot of my body and make it feel 'heavier.' it feels like energy is going through it, and its almost as if I'm weighted down. I can't explain how I do it.. it just happens when I 'force' myself, my hand for instance, to relax. If I do this enough before I go to sleep, I get those 'sleep vibes' that feels like the body high when you're very stoned.
I would figure it's just the body relaxing or something, but today I tried doing it when I was wide awake. I concentrated really hard and i could do it to my whole body for 5 seconds before i got fatigued. It was very intsense though, its like im surging with energy. Hopefully someone knows what the hell im tlaking about... wtf is this??
btw.. if you dont know what im talking about, try lying on your floor right now, and sorta unfocus your eyes behind your closed eyelids.. try to relax a body part and see if you feel little 'waves' of feeling pulse through it..

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Question about the body (meditating? psych people?) [Re: Limelight]
    #4207156 - 05/22/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That sort of sounds to me like the beginning stages of astral projection.. or some kind of trance state. I understand the relaxing a body part.. but you should do it to your whole body.. then the waves will fill you everywhere :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDeadHeadNotLed
Stranger
Re: Question about the body (meditating? psych people?) [Re: Shroomism]
    #4207915 - 05/22/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In my psychology class, the professor would practice meditating with us. He would say how some people use drugs to get in that state of mind, but you really don't need to. I never could meditate. Then one day I smoked a blunt, went to class, and it was the first time I did meditate.

But I really don't like it. I don't see what the big deal is.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Question about the body (meditating? psych people?) [Re: DeadHeadNotLed]
    #4207962 - 05/22/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What's the big deal?
Meditation is simply the act of focusing your concentration inwards.
It is a tool as well as an exercise for 'training' your concentration
It helps in controlling your thoughts and thus reality
You can use it to analyze and resolve negative behavioral or thinking patterns
And again, it strengthens your ability to focus your concentration, which helps with everything.. especially maintaining balanced, calm, centered. Relaxing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order