Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
fermenting WBS
    #4207194 - 05/22/05 06:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i jus loaded up some jars to soak last night and i opened them up today after approximately say 28 hours and it was bubbling as soon as i opened it, is it fermenting? or is it jus the bacterial endospores germinating? is it still good? or shoul d i start over?

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: fermenting WBS [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4207206 - 05/22/05 06:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Should be ok.

It's probably just air coming to the surface that was trapped. They should be expanding and have a fermenting "smell" to it.

I think this is normal, but don't take my word for it.

anyone else?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: fermenting WBS [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4207222 - 05/22/05 06:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

no offense or anything, ure opinion is greatly appreciated but i was hoping for agar or diver or scatman or somebody, maybe i should try pming them

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4207229 - 05/22/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

of course none of them are online, but dude, i seriously didnt mean any offense to u in anyway, sry if i did offend u

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4207270 - 05/22/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So long as the seed/grain has not sprouted, or begins to rot to a mush consistancy, you are good to go. I have had some bubble a gray froth after a 2 day soak. Once rinsed, drained & PC'ed, they worked FINE. Below is some of their next G.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: fermenting WBS [Re: agar]
    #4207278 - 05/22/05 06:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

nice thanks agar

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4207400 - 05/22/05 07:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
i jus loaded up some jars to soak last night and i opened them up today after approximately say 28 hours and it was bubbling as soon as i opened it, is it fermenting? or is it jus the bacterial endospores germinating? is it still good? or shoul d i start over?

fermenting WBS should not be a problem, but if you have a lot of bubbling, it is probably too wet.

why are you soaking it in the jar? :confused:
you should rinse and drain it before it gets loaded into jars and PC-ed.

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Re: fermenting WBS [Re: deanofmean]
    #4207549 - 05/22/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Not to jack the thread, sorry :frown:  but Im having SIMILAR problems

I rinsed drained soaked simmered did it all, loaded it into the jars, and then I didnt have the time to PC them so Ive just left them in the jars covered by a blanket just incase (Im not sure why)  Are they still alright to use?  Should I do anythign else to them besides just PC?  I opened one to sniff and it smelled like IMO vomit, so I was like "Mom whats that smell?" and she was like Theyre fermenting, so is it alright to use em?  Thx and sorry again for jacking

--------------------
----I excel in not giving a shit...

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: fermenting WBS [Re: Kaydren]
    #4207582 - 05/22/05 08:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

how long has it been sitting?
if the smell is really strong, it would be best to start over  :sad:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: fermenting WBS [Re: deanofmean]
    #4207585 - 05/22/05 08:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Agar said it best :thumbup:

I should be fine, and i'm sure he's just soaking in the jars and will rinse/drain afterwards...

-Gnostic

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #4207619 - 05/22/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Give those grains a thorough rinse and drain and they'll be good to go.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: fermenting WBS [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4207649 - 05/22/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
Agar said it best :thumbup:

I should be fine, and i'm sure he's just soaking in the jars and will rinse/drain afterwards...

-Gnostic

u hit it on the nose gnostic, i soak in the jars because it seems tha thats the easiest way t do agars grain soaking method

--------------------

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
    #4207748 - 05/22/05 09:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Okay well I somewhat lied I guess, I had a tub of WBS that I left somewhat open to the air... because I just didnt get a chance to fill other jars with it, and THATS what smells, I might crack open a JAR and smell it, but I kinda skipped that step in the last post :frown:  in the jars its been sitting since... Thursday is when I loaded the jars witht he rinsed and simmered and drained seed...

--------------------
----I excel in not giving a shit...

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4207787 - 05/22/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Mine started fermenting and bubbling as it soaked, and they where @ 20% colonized on the 3rd day (today). I'm sure it's fine, from my own limited experience :smile:

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: fermenting WBS [Re: Kalix]
    #4207793 - 05/22/05 09:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks all, im pressure canning it right now and hopefully my syringes will arrive tomorrow, damn spores direct is late!! :mad2: :mad2:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation