Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
daughter is in love with daddy
    #4206958 - 05/22/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

sorry,
ahem,
i'm just curious if that freudian thing about women having sexual thoughts towards their father is true, or sort of true, or just for demented women who got molested or something bad.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Edited by question_for_joo (05/22/05 04:59 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: daughter is in love with daddy [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4206989 - 05/22/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think guys made it up. I don't even know what basis there is for that.

Maybe it comes from pimps being called sugar daddies by hookers. I think it comes from grown men caring for grown women "like" their daddies did. "Like" is reffering to protection "looking out for your best interest and safety and money care-NOT sex. That has nothing to do with real life father daughter love or relationships.

Men transferred it over into the bed room. I think you coined it when you said, "perverted male fantasy". It's warped. I think if a guy ever asked me who my daddy was during sex he'd kill the mood and relationship.

Anyhoo........Isn't the Star Wars part on the Triumph video hysterical? I had tears pouring from my eyes I was laughing SO hard.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: daughter is in love with daddy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4206995 - 05/22/05 04:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I, for the record, have never wanted to be called "Daddy". Even if my kids say it I am just reminded of how old I am. I do not know anyone who endorses this as anything more than a gross joke.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: daughter is in love with daddy [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4207024 - 05/22/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I certainly didn't mean to imply that ALL men get off on having their lovers, girlfriends or spouses call them "Daddy".

For all I know, some women may get off on calling their Lovers, Boy friends and spouces "Daddy".

To each his own........ :nut: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

#4207029 - 05/22/05 05:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, i guess you're right jigs, i mean, some girls do say that stuff..but maybe it's just cause they think it turns on their pervy fratboy boyfriend or whatever...

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4207031 - 05/22/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Why did you take out the part about watching the Triumph the Comic Dog video and the interview in the Star wars premier line part? It softened the post topic.:lol:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4207043 - 05/22/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Said it before and I'll say it again: Freud was a fucking quack who projected his obsession with his own mother onto the whole population.

Freud came to understand his own subjective reality, but made the mistake of believing that he had understood ALL of reality. Which happened to be a real convenient fail-safe for his ego, since it wasn't just HIM, but EVERYONE that was in love with their mothers...  :rolleyes:

Yes, I will admit, he opened doors to new modes of thinking for future generations. He was an essential step in progressive modes of thinking, but his own conclusions were asinine.

#4207049 - 05/22/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dunno. i wanted to scrap the whole thing, but then i saw you'd responded already. i have been stoned all weekend, i've watched episode II three times or so... i don't really like it. i just can't be bothered trying anything else.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: daughter is in love with daddy [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4207056 - 05/22/05 05:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This is something I agree on totally.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

#4207066 - 05/22/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

you know how some girls are into being spanked. isn't that maybe a subconscious association those girls have between their father and sexuality or am i way off base?

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
    #4207069 - 05/22/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I also agree 100% with the Jacque. frued was a complete quack who perscribed cocain to heroin addicts, and had some serious 'Mother' issues.  :smirk: :thumbup:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4207086 - 05/22/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
you know how some girls are into being spanked. isn't that maybe a subconscious association those girls have between their father and sexuality or am i way off base?

Not necessarily off base, just way too vague an association from which to draw anything near a conclusion.

One girl might like being spanked because she was sexually abused as a child by the father who also spanked her.

Another girl might like being spanked simply because she's into S&M and blurring the line between pain and pleasure. (This is my best guess if you want to try to make a generalization on the subject.)

I think you're a lot likely to find some conclusive reasoning in literal and logical thinking than in freudian "logic".

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4207090 - 05/22/05 05:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The problem with Freud is that he associated everything with simply reproducing, but the key to passing on your genetic code in complex multicellular animals like humans isn't just fucking and shooting out babies. For bacteria it's simple enough, sustain yourself by living for a short while and create more bacteria, but for humans, by natural selection we've evolved to have technology, society, complex relationships, etc., which has transcended simple reproduction, as shown by the fact that we keep old people alive past their reproducing date. So in this case, not everything can be put down to reproduction like Freud did with family issues and society.

I don't believe any of Freud's Oedipus Rex or father-loving theories either. I think Jung was definitely more along the right line than Freud.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4207093 - 05/22/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know any women who like to be spanked and I have never encountered one in all my 40 years. Usually I have had to give the spanking by force...sometimes with the assistance of some good strong cord...

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

Re: daughter is in love with daddy [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4207100 - 05/22/05 05:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I never had a crush on my dad, but I find now that I'm older that the men I am most attracted to share many of the same personality elements as my father. Corny jokes (puns especially), general laid back attitude, good work ethic and personal value system, and so on. If I could find a guy similar to my dad, I don't think I'd be too bad off.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4207109 - 05/22/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think that one is tied into saddo masochistic sex fetishes where sexual pleasure and stimulation is derived from pain and humiliation.

Where that warp comes from I have No idea. Again, neither are a turn on for me and neither is being refereed to as a "naughty girl who needs a spanking"

Is this like a guys need to dominate or feel powerful and in control to get his rocks off or what?

You guys tell me why I see it on TV shows?

Is the bad boy bad girls thing mixed into that as well? What is that sexual appeal all about?

I find man who has his act together to be a lot more of a turn on then some overgrown irresponsible delinquent always in trouble.

Again....to each his/her own

:nut: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: daughter is in love with daddy [Re: adrug]
    #4207114 - 05/22/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That is normal. It just means that you had a good male role model to learn from..and probably good female role models to boot.

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#4207118 - 05/22/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

And thank heavens for that.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4207119 - 05/22/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"You guys tell me why I see it on TV shows?"

Get real. This is just a false stereotype promoted by the media because it is shocking. If I tried that shit with my wife I would be divorced.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4207171 - 05/22/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hue, there are guys who like to spank. Why is what I wonder.

Before I got married someone pulled the spanking bit with me and that just was a HUGE turn off.

Whatever happened to treating your lovers like Gods and Goddesses?

I don't get the turn of of degrading others.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology