Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLovetricity
Tuff Ghost.

So, you know how it's always said tripping can bring out the horrors in your mind...
    #4206452 - 05/22/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I have this hypothetical question I've been wondering about.

People are often advised that if there is any slight negative vibes within your mind that you should avoid shrooms [at least for the time being].

But, what if you've been a negative/pessimistic/manic depressive person your whole life and there is a tiny bit of "good" vibes hidden deep in your brain.

Do you guys think that the shrooms could show a brighter side, or, a happier side to life?

:confused:

--------------------
She wanted my agony in her body.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: So, you know how it's always said tripping can bring out the horrors in your mind... [Re: Lovetricity]
    #4206516 - 05/22/05 02:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Without a doubt.  I used to be the most pessimistic/negative person around, but after the shroom experience I opened up my eyes to life and saw how precious, and how short, it actually is.  Either that or age, or a combination of the both.  It's hard to pinpoint.  Also, in my experience, any negative thoughts that surface during a shroom trip just seem to eliminate themselves somehow, and never surface again on future trips.  Shrooming has also given me an appreciation for nature and my surroundings.  The expression "stopping to smell the flowers" comes to mind.  Either way, these days I walk around in a cloud of appreciation and gratefulness that just amazes people...they want to know my secret.  Sorry, that will have to remain a secret!  :mushroom2:

I hope my ramblings helped you, but the point is that I used to be one negative bastard, and it's not worth it.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineMetasyn
one

Re: So, you know how it's always said tripping can bring out the horrors in your mind... [Re: Holydiver]
    #4206609 - 05/22/05 02:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"People are often advised that if there is any slight negative vibes within your mind that you should avoid shrooms [at least for the time being]."

Who among us has no negative vibes in their minds? Everybody has both good and evil within them at some level. I think the more relevant personality trait is how many mental walls have you built between you and the outside world. Are you an open and honest person? Or are you scared and hiding behind an ego-driven personna? If so having these walls torn down by a psychedelic experience will likely be an unpleasant experience.

I kind of think the type of personality that inherently reacts negatively to psychedelics is rather rare and most of the bad trips are the result of poor set and setting.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: So, you know how it's always said tripping can bring out the horrors in your mind... [Re: Metasyn]
    #4206649 - 05/22/05 02:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

After my bad trip, I think I've become an overall more optimistic person. I used to(probably still do) suffer from depression and such, but I still ate mushrooms, I took the bullet, had a reallllly bad trip, and since then have continued to use shrooms with only positive experiences coming out.

--------------------
So it goes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience