Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestevenkoozer
Tripper At Large

Loc: Hawaii
Mushroom tips and tricks
    #4206227 - 05/22/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hey all, its a lovely sunday afternoon and what better time than to share our knowledge of mushrooms.  Lets use this thread to share our own tips and tricks to having an amazing shroom experience.... :crazy2: :mushroom2: :eek: :sun: :tongue2: :stoned:

--------------------
Jump ahead 10, maybe 20 years, and you're married, only your marriage doesn't have that same energy that it used to. You start to think back on all the girls you ever met, and what might have happened if you picked up with one of them.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: stevenkoozer]
    #4206674 - 05/22/05 02:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

1. Try to have a safety, especially if someone is doing it for their first time. Whenever I've done shrooms with friends, having a safety is good because it lets the trippers have a sense of security knowing someone is sober and responsible, and if someone needs to be taken care of(having a bad trip, nausea, etc) the safety can watch out for them, and let the trippers continue having a good time. It's not that bad being a safety, it's just like hanging out with the friends, so don't worry that the safety won't be enjoying himself...just talking to people on mushrooms is funny enough =P
2. READ! If you're going to do shrooms, make sure you know what you're doing, how much you're doing, etc. Knowledge is power, and the more power you have over your trip, the less you will feel paranoid, and the easier it will be to control your emotions and thoughts while on the drug.
3. Be prepared. Know what you're going to do with the shrooms. Consider fasting beforehand, and if not, what foods(if any) you will ingest with the mushrooms. Blend it in a smoothie? Eat it with crackers? Chew/swallow/rambo it, etc. There are many different ways to ingest the shrooms, and some will leave you with less nausea, and yield a better experience. Also try to be prepared with MAOIs or other prescription drugs. Have headache/upset stomach/other medicines available before/during/after the trip.
4. HAVE FUN! The best advice/tip out there. As long as you go into the trip feeling good and optimistic, you will probably have a good trip. Psyche yourself up if you need to. But remember, respect the drug. Drugs are not to be taken lightly, and mushrooms are no exception. Know your dose/source for the shrooms, so that you won't have anything unexpected come up.

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4206695 - 05/22/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I personally will never trip at night again, its such a waste. When I trip, I want it to be in the morning so I can make a whole day out of it, its aso preferred that it be on a sunny day :smile:. When I tripped at night it was like I unleashed something wonderful, but it was the end of my day and I was getting tired, yet could not sleep. I had a minor bad trip because of this. From now on, I only trip on sunny saturday mornings with my good friend :smile:

Offlinestevenkoozer
Tripper At Large

Loc: Hawaii
Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: Morph89]
    #4206707 - 05/22/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Morph89 said:
I personally will never trip at night again, its such a waste. When I trip, I want it to be in the morning so I can make a whole day out of it, its aso preferred that it be on a sunny day :smile:. When I tripped at night it was like I unleashed something wonderful, but it was the end of my day and I was getting tired, yet could not sleep. I had a minor bad trip because of this. From now on, I only trip on sunny saturday mornings with my good friend :smile:

Thats interesting because I usually only trip at night.  Everything just feels more alive.  Anyways, we all have our own preferances....

--------------------
Jump ahead 10, maybe 20 years, and you're married, only your marriage doesn't have that same energy that it used to. You start to think back on all the girls you ever met, and what might have happened if you picked up with one of them.

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: stevenkoozer]
    #4206724 - 05/22/05 03:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think day and night trips each have their own advantages and disadvantages.. but I'd have to say its more fun during the day IMO; I always have awesome visuals.

--------------------
"Im gone upstairs to fuck ya grandmotha" - George Carlin

OfflineAvastYe
Stranger
Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #4206750 - 05/22/05 03:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Day and night trips definitely have different characters, in my experience, and both are definitely worth trying.

Night trips, I think, tend to be more internal--it's dark, you can't see much, you're probably inside somewhere listening to music or something. With this sensory deprivation, your mind really takes over-- the CEVs are incredible, and the OEVs are basically CEVs (because everything's dark anyway!) Also, I think this allows your mind to really take off in its own direction independent of the universe; my night trips have always been the ones where I get the most bizarre feelings of time moving sideways (?), extra spatial dimensions, reversed causality, things that really couldn't happen in this universe.

Daytime trips, on the other hand, are more external, more fun for playing with things and experiencing nature. Of course, it's easier to be seen during the day, which might make you paranoid, but if you find a good meadow or glade or something somewhere then just lying in the late afternoon sun and basking is incredible. Just look at the clouds--such brilliant shades of blue and such incredible natural beauty you've never seen.

So, yeah, both are worth trying. I try to alternate, with maybe a slight bias towards the nighttime (simply for practical reasons).

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: AvastYe]
    #4208283 - 05/22/05 11:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ive still yet to day trip. It just always seems like the times I have available for tripping are always at night.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: killme]
    #4211141 - 05/23/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Night trip- looking at stars- wow! I was blown away by the amount of stars and the way they moved and danced around. Definitely something you can't witness during daylight. Try dosing right before sunset like an hour or two. Then the comedown isn't so late. I prefer day trips too, but they are both good IMO.

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: Mushroom tips and tricks [Re: killme]
    #4214092 - 05/24/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Deadmaker said:
Ive still yet to day trip. It just always seems like the times I have available for tripping are always at night.

Yeah, it's the same with me. Hopefully I will try it sometime this summer. Then again, where I live it's light all the time in the summer so I guess even a night trip will be almost like a day trip.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience