Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Possible contam
    #4203544 - 05/21/05 03:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I bought two different types of spores (cubensis and baeocystis)the cubensis went according to plan no problems from start to finish. I started the baeo with the 1/2 pint tek but i'm not getting the bright white mycylium that i did with the cubensis. My question is can the mycylium be an off white color depending on strain? What is growing is growing at the inocculation holes and doesn't smell like a contam would. Thanks for any input. (has anyone actually tried to grow the baeo strain?) supposed to be a stronger mush.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible contam [Re: Shrewms]
    #4203574 - 05/21/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Not depending on strain, but SPECIES. Strains of cubensis will be bright with. I dont know about Baeocystis mycelium, however Pan Cyan and Tampanensis mycelium is very unique and different from cubensis. Pan Cyan looks more like cobweb, and Tamps completly different from anything I've seen. I know not many have even tried to cultivate these. I havnt seen a successful cultivation of them either. Good luck!

You might have better luck in advanced...and they may require a different substrate then the PF Tek...I thought they were wood lovers IIRC...

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation