Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekeith813
living in the70s
perlite-2humid?
    #4202667 - 05/21/05 09:19 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

morning guys, er evening where your at maybe???? well anyways, ive been reading alot how perlite causes too much humidity (98%-100%).. and there hasnt been a real set answer too what ive looked for.. i have a nice sized sterilite plastic box thing that will fit my 6 cakes in fine, but now im worried about too much humidity as others have posted. Is there something any of you have done (using the perlite) that worked well? or is it better to buy some kind of air pump.. :/ <3 thx.

--------------------
whats the difference between sweat and spit?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: perlite-2humid? [Re: keith813]
    #4202676 - 05/21/05 09:26 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Having a high humidity isn't ideal in ideal in fruiting casings, but it isn't as detrimental as one may think. I fruit casings in my PMP at 98-100% humidity and have no problems. Yes the mycellium will run up the mushrooms but that really isn't detrimental. Although green mold can run more rampant with a high humidity. You Could try the Double Tub method, many people here have had success with that. Do a search for it you should be able to find some info on how to make one.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: perlite-2humid? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4202686 - 05/21/05 09:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Afoaf just goes with whatever humidity perlite gives him (It puts water on the walls of terrarium) , and fan ever hour or so when hes home , and they do fine.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: perlite-2humid? [Re: sublimistri]
    #4202702 - 05/21/05 09:55 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You said you are fruiting straight off 6 cakes, 98-100% is what your looking for, you have the easiest to maintain method of humidity, i find people over complicate the growing process, I do nothing but casings and I use pearlite, I fan 2-3 times a day and keep it around 75 degrees, I only mist 1 time a day when fruiting a casing because the water droplets harm pins and knots you should be fine for cakes no worries man.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation