Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Loc: The here and NOW
Steam vapors?
    #4201420 - 05/20/05 10:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Howdy all. Years ago I brainstormed this watering technique for the PF Tek method when I first started. It always seemed a waste of time to spray down a spray shield as per the PF directions to create humidity within the chamber. This is to supposedly to break down the water droplets from the spray to a finer "vapor" I was in the shower one day thinking about the amazonian terrain from which my mushrooms spores were native to. Then it struck me like a THUNDERBOLT. Jungle. Hot. Humid. STEAM!!!! BOILING WATER!!!! EUREKA!!!! So I threw away the spray shield, drilled a hole in the bottom corner of the plastic tub and plugged it with bubblegum. Then I lined the bottom an inch thick or so w/ perlite and poured BOILING WATER(careful HOT) into the chamber until the perlite was almost floating. Then, I quickly placed all my cakes back in the chamber on top of plastic lids(metal lids conduct heat) Then, I quickly put the airtight lid back onto the chamber to prevent all the steam from escaping. Instant Amazonian Jungle. :biggrin: The whole chamber will fog up w/steam for some time, like twenty minutes providing your boys with a much  appreciated "MUSHROOM SAUNA"(tm)  :grin: :thumbup:Ha Ha!!! Hell Yeah!!! Anyway , My boys really seemed to dig it. I would drain the water out after awhile, by pulling the bubblegum plug. Then I would repeat after an hour or so. The perlite retains most of the humidity during the "dry" periods. I never did a comparison to see which method worked best, but the point of humidity is to get the water particles small enough to where the mycelium could absorb it. Well what's smaller then steam/water vapor? Anybody else thought of this? (I'm sure there's gotta be somebody) TRY THIS METHOD. IT WORKS  Happy Happy Shroom Shroom Happy Happy Shroom Shroom:shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Steam vapors? [Re: keeperofkeys]
    #4201447 - 05/20/05 10:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hot, isnt good for the shrooms. Try an ultrasonic fogger instead.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Re: Steam vapors? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4201494 - 05/20/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's hot down in the amazon. Have you ever been shroomin' in a field and watched the steam rise from the morning sun across the pasture? I agree though, ScatMan. Too hot is bad. I think a steam bath a few times a day would'nt hurt Da Kine though. I would like to see what temperature the chamber rose to(with steam). It has plenty of time to cool down the rest of the day and night. I was thinking of an automated system pumping steam into the chamber. I was low tech back then and I still am. But the ultrasonic fogger idea. Yeah, it's definitely on my Christmas wish list. :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4201609 - 05/21/05 12:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

>Have you ever been shroomin' in a field and watched the steam rise

Have you ever been looking for shrooms in a field with the stem rising and seen flushes like this coming up in nature?

Nature doesnt have it perfect for our babies.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Re: Steam vapors? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4201685 - 05/21/05 12:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Umm Er uh, no, I have'nt seen it THAT good in nature, but umm, for the low tech cavemen like myself, I think steam is a good way to get results. :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow:

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4201712 - 05/21/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nope..I tried using a Vick's vaporizer for steam, going into my PMP. Created nasty lookin mutants and lots of aborts.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Steam vapors? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4201734 - 05/21/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i do that i got the pizza thing with three legs , and taped it up under a cup . and fulled with hot water and nice warm humid environment

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4201742 - 05/21/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:eek:HOT VAPORS = STEAM :thumbdown:

--------------------

Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Re: Steam vapors? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4201744 - 05/21/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Really? that's weird. It worked for me.(steam) I never tried a vaporizer. You sure it was the vaporizer that F*@#ed up your crop? There's SOOO many variables at work in cultivation that can cause aborts/mutants. :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow:

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#4201767 - 05/21/05 01:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dunno what ypu guys are doing works great for me!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#4201770 - 05/21/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

keeperofkeys said:
I was thinking of an automated system pumping steam into the chamber. I was low tech back then and I still am.

U could just get a regular old steam humidifier they're like 10 bucks...but having constant steam will definitely increase ur temps...think about it that steam comes out at 212 F at least...try to find a secondhand ultrasonic

--------------------

Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Re: Steam vapors? [Re: LengthyFellow]
    #4201847 - 05/21/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I believe steam in intervels (once every couple of hours) would'nt F#@K up Da Kine. Ultrasonic Dreams............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :mushroomgrow: :sleepingcow: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :sleepingcow: :eyemouth:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation