Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineglace
Myconnoisseur tobe

Loc: Kuiper Belt
Strain reviews
    #4199810 - 05/20/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

As a newbie to the site I hope I'm not overstepping the mark by saying this.
I've seen quite a few posts requesting which strain produces the most potent shrooms, greatest quantity, etc etc. I'd like to see thread where I can look to see what experience others have had with a particular strain e.g. difficulty of growing, yield, relative potency (compared to the dosage calculator on this site) and any other details deemed relevant. I realize that some info entirely subjective e.g. trip effects (if its more physical, mental or visual) but I'd like to see this as perhaps there are some trends with certain strains (yeah, I'm nosy). From reading this site there seems to be.
Although I'm probably not really qualified to provide an adequate review as I've only grown B+ and Cambodian I'll give an example here.

Strain: B+
Substrate: PF cakes
Surviving cakes: 11 out of 12 [to enable ppl to tell how contamination resistant the strain is]
Yield: Ave. of 61g fresh per cake
Difficulty in growing: easy
Trip: predominately physical
Time taken: 5 weeks & 3 days to first flush completed.
Colonization time: 9 days (Note: I used a little too much water).
Relative potency: 1:1.1 (first number being the calculator, the 1.1 being the B+)
Grow again? Possibly

I realize this could be unreliable as some ppl may lie but interesting none the less.

--------------------
"The best things come in small packages."
"Serenity is as serenity does. So why do you live in my typewriter you bitch?" Rev. Daniel Suders

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Strain reviews [Re: glace]
    #4200021 - 05/20/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like an idea. I don't have as much info as you but I'll post what I've found.

Strain: Golden Teacher
Surviving cakes: 12/12
Yield: First harvest didn't do remarkably well since it was my first shot at growing at all, new batch is colonizing now.
Difficulty growing: Found them very easy
Trip: Very few visuals, mostly physical and euphoric.
Time taken: ~4.5 weeks to first flush

I found it to be a very good strain for beginners, even the trip eases you into the mushroom experience. No melting faces or anything like that, just a nice euphoric high. Combined with weed it does produce visuals, but again not melting objects, I usually encounter fractals the most.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Strain reviews [Re: Kodath]
    #4200151 - 05/20/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Strain: B+
Surviving cakes: 11/12
Yield: Each casing (2 cakes) yielded at least a half ounce dried.
Difficulty growing: Found them very easy
Trip: Few visuals, highly euphoric, trails...
Time taken: ~a month to first flush harvest

--------------------
8 years now! lol

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Strain reviews [Re: glace]
    #4200239 - 05/20/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't really see the point of this all cubes are practically the same

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Loc: over here
Re: Strain reviews [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4200496 - 05/20/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:
Don't really see the point of this all cubes are practically the same

dont ruin the fun.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Strain reviews [Re: Pupenhause]
    #4200521 - 05/20/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

They Vary only slightly in Pysiloben,Pysilocin,Beaocrystin..

Plus you have to throw in other numerous factors that constantly change, things like, environmental conditions, Mutes, How well the chemical properties are created in every cake...

If two pf cakes (w/e strain in p.c's) both yielded 50grams (about 4.7dry)....They're chemical properties would be Slightly different in terms of amount...

Sounds like a great idea, but there's so many Different never ending factors - It's impossiable to say which is faster,which is more potent, which is better,which Grows the biggest...

Main factors you should worry about are things like - Environmental condtions like humidity and temp.,and Substrate is best in terms of potency...Mushies seem to create A bit more chemicals than say pf cakes....Plus more in mass because of nutrients (probably also why they're more potent)...

Just some FYI...If you're really that worried about potency then you should move up a level...Try some cyans, they'll Blow you're socks off :grin:

Gl though

-Gnostic

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: United States
Re: Strain reviews [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4200549 - 05/20/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone.  You all are speaking about potency of the mushrooms, and I assume you're talking about how the potency varies between each strain as if you took the same amount of each type.  To defeat the lack of potency of a type of mushrooms that you're eating, can't you just eat more mushies to get a stronger, more visual trip?  Just wondering.

Later  :mushroom2:

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Strain reviews [Re: stzacrack]
    #4200716 - 05/20/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah more will get you higher always if you eat them all at once i would think

but what is being compared is most likely a 3.5 gram dose your 3.5 vrs. his ect...

from what i seen i belive i get silghtly higher if i eat 20 mushrooms of the same strain that =3.5 grams vrs 1 that = 3.5 grams becouse each multi spore mushroom should have differant dna and that should make each one silghtly differant thus you would have more a balanced amount of chemicals floating about

as far as strain to strain thats too hard to even judge with out some sort of chemical analysis the human that tested the shrooms has a million differant resons why he might have got higher than some one else eating shrooms from the same strain and who knows maby if some one else would have ate the same shrooms that you thought were more potant maby he might think they were weaker in potancy its all really just a guess like your level five might me my level one highs

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: Strain reviews [Re: onetime]
    #4200984 - 05/20/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Strain: Koh Samui Super Strain
Substrate: 5 pf cakes spawned to 5 lbs of pasteurized tenn stud (2 trays)
Surviving cakes: 100%
Yield: ~2.5 oz on first flush (both trays combined)
Difficulty in growing: First and only strain so far. Couldn't have been easier
Trip: We shall see tonight.
Time taken: around 2 months? 1.5-2 months from innoc to first flush harvest
Colonization time: pf jars and spawn run about 14 days each
Relative potency: cube
Grow again? most definitely

I think mine might have been extra fat because they pinned while I was gone on vacation and they didn't get any fresh air. Only 2 inches tall and averaged 20-30 grams wet per mushroom. I'm anxious to see what the next flush looks like.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Strain reviews [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4201118 - 05/20/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:

Main factors you should worry about are things like - Environmental condtions like humidity and temp.,and Substrate is best in terms of potency...Mushies seem to create A bit more chemicals than say pf cakes....Plus more in mass because of nutrients (probably also why they're more potent)...

-Gnostic

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate