Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Voacanga Report
    #4199434 - 05/20/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I received 2 doses of Voacanga Root Bark from namaste maybe 1 month ago. I took the first last night (500mg). Firstly, something happened. I have difficulty describing it, but I felt high during my sleep, and I did dream. Unfortunately, I don't remember the dreams I had, but I sort of chose not to remember because I was too into it. I felt like I could wake up at any point to contemplate the dream, but prefered to just be in it. I definitely had conscious thought, though I don't know for how long.

It could be said that the high feeling may be attributed to my knowing of dosing, and the dream could be a result of thinking of the dose before going to bed. I won't know for sure until I try again. It could also be that the lucidity is fake in that it was pre determined by the mind and fed into the sub conscious. Surely interesting things to think about. This enthogen is definetely worth trying again. For those who can remember their dreams, I would suggest trying it sometime.

I'll try to work on myself a little before taking the next dose. Thanks to namaste for helping us seek the answers surrounding this tree.  :sun:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Voacanga Report [Re: puwtrip]
    #4200351 - 05/20/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I too recieved some from namaste (very nice guy), I plan on trying it soon. I have little expectations that it will affect anything, so perhaps that will cut back on the chance of placebo. Ill keep you all informed.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #4209518 - 05/23/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thank You  :blush:

It's best to jot down any dream info ASAP, this will feed into more dreams throughout the night.

Did you notice any nausia or other ill feelings the following day?  Where are these horror stories I keep hearing about?

Good report :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Voacanga Report [Re: namaste]
    #4211003 - 05/23/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

namaste said:
  Where are these horror stories I keep hearing about?

Exactly why I`m hesitating  :smirk:. I will most certainly get around to it and let you all know.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#4211026 - 05/23/05 07:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I just got a buch of seeds, any one ever use the seeds?
Or how about germanating them?

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4211081 - 05/23/05 07:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

namaste said:

It's best to jot down any dream info ASAP, this will feed into more dreams throughout the night.

Did you notice any nausia or other ill feelings the following day?  Where are these horror stories I keep hearing about?

My personal opinion : Those horror stories come from people who view iboga alkaloids and analogs as "a new high" or "a chemical recreation". Propably those people could give datura as well a bad review. Alkaloids structurally similar to ibogaine are NOT for a fun night,and when a person takes them as a "evening pastime" then you have a horror report.

A very strong plant ,with very strong effects but nothing recreational there!

Hint: Before validating a plant and before capitalizing on experiences from this plant take a moment to think of what the motives where of the user that reports on a plant.For example if one took amphetamines expecting them to be a calmative his report would be a horror story.Its under what light one views a plant!

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: Voacanga Report [Re: Psiloman]
    #4211295 - 05/23/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:
Quote:

namaste said:

My personal opinion : Those horror stories come from people who view iboga alkaloids and analogs as "a new high" or "a chemical recreation". Propably those people could give datura as well a bad review. Alkaloids structurally similar to ibogaine are NOT for a fun night,and when a person takes them as a "evening pastime" then you have a horror report.

A very strong plant ,with very strong effects but nothing recreational there!

Hint: Before validating a plant and before capitalizing on experiences from this plant take a moment to think of what the motives where of the user that reports on a plant.For example if one took amphetamines expecting them to be a calmative his report would be a horror story.Its under what light one views a plant!

that is why i am against salvia extracts.

--------------------

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

#4211951 - 05/23/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I had no nausea at all, just a tickle of nervousness after ingestion. It seems that most people try to eat the seeds, which are said to have different chemicals than the bark. This could be one reason for the 'horror stories' in addition to what has already been said about the plant abuse.

Shitake, I belive unless they are really fresh, the seeds won't germ. Even so, it may take up to 3 months to find out.

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

#4212435 - 05/24/05 12:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I too tried the root bark, Thanks again to Namaste. The first dose I felt a LIGHT euphoria prior to sleeping, but no noticable difference in sleep pattern or dreaming beign more lucid or intense. Second dose taken the next night (on a full stomach) had no noticable effect. Do you think body weight could impact the effect? If anyone else tires it I recommend an empty stomach, as that is the only noticable difference between the two experiences.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Voacanga Report [Re: OOKLA]
    #4213316 - 05/24/05 09:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If anyone else tires it I recommend an empty stomach, as that is the only noticable difference between the two experiences

~
aside from the distinct possibility of some sort of tolerance issue...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Voacanga Report [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4218618 - 05/25/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

SoS, I too believe the extracts are over-rated, they may be what leads to her demise. I mean anyone can easily grow a plant and get enough leaves to make some nice extract within a year.

I've tried to compile the VA knowledge:

Stonehenge and pod3 have had luck growing this plant here

Quote:

A'neglakya, it is indeed a tough one to sprout. I had no luck at all until I tried a wet dry cycle. What I do is soak the seeds for maybe 1/2 hour in household hydrogen peroxide to kill off the mold spores which the seeds always have on them. Then I soak them overnight in water. After that I let them dry for about a week and then another soak and a dry cycle. Then they can be planted and some will come up in about a week or two.

Aneglakya's report here

Quote:

Voacanga africana

1 gram of Voacanga Seed powder was ingested orally using the parachute method. The powder was wrapped in a small piece of kleenex and swallowed. Within 30 minutes a noticable shift in brain activity occured. I can describe the experience as mild but cognitive enhancing. I feel as though I am much more wise and their is more activity in the brain.

"0" sized capsules where filled with finely powdered voacanga seed powder. Two capsules where ingested on an empty stomach early in the morning. Once again that cognitive enhancing feeling was noticable. Two days later, to avoid any tolerance, three pills where eatin under the same circumstances. Eyes feel very heavy and I'm experiencing that 'pineal' feeling. Effects come on within about 30 minutes and last several hours. I feel as though my ability to focus on a single task is improved greatly. I believe I have a good enough feel for the seed that I could increase the dosage by at least twice as much. Next time I will try five or six capsules.

whatever123's report here

I have had consistent Lucid dreams with both seeds and bark, but I've also kept a dream log for the last six years. I think it's important to note that I had no psychadelic or stimulating effects, nausia, or any trouble sleeping either time. here

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden