Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
long grain brown rice
    #4199054 - 05/20/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the only grain i could find at basic foods was long grain brown rice and short. i bought the long. will this work as a replacement for rye or whole grain brown rice? i'm guessing yes, but i want to make sure. i did a search and the only results that came up had to do with grinding it up and using it like brf. but i want to use it in a grain tek like you would do with rye.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedavesj1
Stranger

Re: long grain brown rice [Re: SuperD]
    #4199081 - 05/20/05 12:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

check out the 9er tek

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Re: long grain brown rice [Re: davesj1]
    #4199156 - 05/20/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well the tek isn't the problem..it's making sure long grain brown rice will work the same as whole grain would for spawning.

--------------------
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
    #4199240 - 05/20/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i would not see any reason not use use long grain...brown rice is used since it has the protin to feed the spores to grow into heathy mushies...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4199315 - 05/20/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Whole brown rice will not be shakeable like rye or WBS. It makes excellent spawn material, but you'll need to crumble it by hand. Remember, the cooked rice will be very sticky and it forms a solid block with gaps inbetween; this is how mycelium colonizes it so well, nothing to do with shaking.

I think a lot of people assume brown rice can be made into a shakeable spawn material like RYE/WBS, but it cannot be prepared like this from my experience.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: long grain brown rice [Re: Holydiver]
    #4199346 - 05/20/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dont cook my rice...i grind it down then add it too verm and water...but i guess i dont not read this part
:it's making sure long grain brown rice will work the same as whole grain would for spawning.

i dont have that tek down...sorry for the confusing..i hope all works out...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: long grain brown rice [Re: Holydiver]
    #4199375 - 05/20/05 02:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

when i started growing (years ago, loong before i found the shroomery). i used a mix of whole grain, parboiled, husked, rice and wheat. and it worked wonderfully.

it might seem a bit weird but i do have pictures of what they look like.

i used to use them for cakes, but in a way that was slightly different from what i've read in any online tek.

i would first colonize it like any shakeable grainspawn. but when 100% colonized i would continue to shake for a few more days and then pour it into cups (if i wanted to make cakes), leave it to grow together for a few days in the cup, turn it upside down and pat it gently, and you've got a cake.

and the way to prep it... just soak in water for a few hours until grains are soft enough to be crushed between your fingers (with a bit of pressure) but not soggy. then strain for a few minutes, put straight into jars and sterilize for 20 minutes.

i don't know if it helps you, but anyway like i said, it worked wonders for me.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Re: long grain brown rice [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4199894 - 05/20/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for all the input. i was just slightly worried long grain wouldn't work since the natural food store around here doesn't carry whole grain or rye berries for some odd reason.

--------------------
Manoa said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation