Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Microwave dcontam?
    #419889 - 10/09/01 07:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Any body out there have experience with decontaminating growth medium via microwave radiation? I would think it would work, but then again, never having tried, i thought i'd go for a second opinion. Stay frosty.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Microwave dcontam? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #419968 - 10/09/01 08:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i dont have a PC'er i always use my mic for sterilization and it works every time. i see you want to use birdseed also so ill tell you what i have had success with. get some finch seed, timothy hay cobb, some honey and a big bowl. cut up that hay into 2-3" pieces and mix with finch seed 4:1 seed:hay. add some water to it all till its moist and scoop it into your jars. add a teaspoon of honey per half quart and stick your jars in the mic for 5 min. add water and repeat until you get a good amount of moisture soaked up in your substrate, a LITTLE water in the bottom of the jars is good, but keep cooking till its all good and moist. cap them off and let them cool. there should be a good suction in the jars when you take the lids off after they are cool. now you can innoculate the cool jars that may or may not still have a good dark water in the bottom. dumping out this water is equal to dumping out the vitamins and minerals; i do not recommend it.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlineparanoiac21
Loc: Jersey USA
Re: Microwave dcontam? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #420054 - 10/09/01 09:20 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I've mc'd casing substrate before and it came out fine. I don't even steralize half of my stuff now because my "projects" come out perfectly fine. I know it's dumb but it works!

Expert texpert choking smokers
Don't you think the joker laughs at you? Ha ha ha! - The Beatles

--------------------
"...sure, IN theeoory, in theory communism works..." - The great Homer (J. Simpson)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation