Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAaradin
Spacetime Anomaly
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
The power of sobriety?
    #4197678 - 05/19/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

After taking LSD for the first time this week, I have come to the conclusion that sobriety is an amazing thing. Don't get me wrong I love psychedelics, but I also think that they help us to truely appreciate sobriety.

There is nothing like coming down from a strong LSD trip and watching the sun come up while standing outside smoking a cigarette as rain pours down your body.

If you think about it, sobriety is also a form of tripping (all though it can be taken for granted because we are all use to it). Serotonin is very similar to DMT, which is the mother of all tryptamines. Serotonin regulates how we perceive stimuli from the world.

These are my ramblings for tonight...any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: Aaradin]
    #4197706 - 05/19/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

cigaettes aint sober :grin: hehe

i understand what your saying...

sobriety is an amazing thing that we should appriciate!  though sometimes its hard when we have stressors and BS in our lives that divert us form the wonder of "everday life".  :sun:

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

OfflineJimmyStewart
Strange
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: mathflower]
    #4197737 - 05/19/05 10:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's nice after smoking pot constantly for awhile to stop and just enjoy being sober and thinking without any haze. I'm of a clear mind right now and I'm enjoying it.

OfflineMaJikFungus
There's a Fungusin my closet

Loc: School of Athens
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: JimmyStewart]
    #4197775 - 05/19/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've been sober for at least 3 months straight now. No weed , alcohol , or anything. I find it rather strange , and boring. It's been so long since I've been high I have about forgot what it's like.

I feel more fucked up now than I did when I smoked , one of my friends from class noticed I've been acting different and wanted to know what I was on. My reply was , "this is me in complete sobriety".

A few of my cakes are about fully colonized , so I should be getting my first escape from the prison of my mind within a few weeks.

--------------------

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: MaJikFungus]
    #4198221 - 05/20/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MaJikFungus said:
I've been sober for at least 3 months straight now. No weed , alcohol , or anything. I find it rather strange , and boring. It's been so long since I've been high I have about forgot what it's like.

I feel more fucked up now than I did when I smoked , one of my friends from class noticed I've been acting different and wanted to know what I was on. My reply was , "this is me in complete sobriety".

That cracked me up. :grin:

Quote:

A few of my cakes are about fully colonized , so I should be getting my first escape from the prison of my mind within a few weeks.

:thumbup:

And I agree, sobriety is really great, and certainly not as bad as some people here make it. I'm sober mostly all the time these days and I enjoy my life a lot!

OfflineLanceArmstrong
Russki
Loc: FL
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: JimmyStewart]
    #4199019 - 05/20/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JimmyStewart said:
It's nice after smoking pot constantly for awhile to stop and just enjoy being sober and thinking without any haze. I'm of a clear mind right now and I'm enjoying it.

Exactly what i was going to say.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: LanceArmstrong]
    #4199235 - 05/20/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Personally, i prefer being "sober" on mushrooms (if you get what i mean), reality is incredibly boring, although not as shitty as some people make it out to be. I remember i used to go to school tripping all the time in high school. makes classes a bit more... interesting...

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4199257 - 05/20/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

[sorry, i meant for this bit to be in my last post]

Especially math class:

1.) 2+2= [?]
a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 4

"hmmmmm lets see now... If two represents a variable quantity, and the plus sign signifies the unification of the connected variables, then two plus two therefore equals infiniti!
wait... if the variables one, two, three, and four can technically represent anything, then each one in turn equals infiniti! SOOO, the answer is 'a', 'b', 'c', AND 'd'! heheheh... theyll never see that coming..."

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4200187 - 05/20/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I find reality rich with experience.

I would never waste shrooms at school. The full potential of the mushroom's magic is not realized when you "stay sober." You have to let it all go!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (05/20/05 03:04 PM)

InvisibleMetasyn
one

Loc: PNW
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4200999 - 05/20/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

How did you watch the sun come up and at the same time have the rain pour over your body? That's some weird weather.

I agree with you; sometimes it takes a good trip to realize how great being sober is. But then again, I don't think I'd want to be sober forever...

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: Metasyn]
    #4201987 - 05/21/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Or sometimes it takes a scary trip to realize how great being sober can be. But your right I wouldn't wan't to be sober forever.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4202595 - 05/21/05 06:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

for most people sobriety is being drunk on thier own ignorance.

they are impatient,unappreciative and unaware

if you cant realize and be aware of the "trippyess" (or truth) of any seemingly "boring" object and or situation then your one of those people

do u have any idea how fucking strange this existance is?
right now?!how mysterious it is?

next time you speak with someone face to face
realize your speaking to a CREATURE
with skin cells stretched over bone muscle and blood,and many other strange replicating structures jiggling with life
look into the creatures eye ball and see an infinite void,or a universe teeming with abstraction
see its life and memeory,its behaviour and emotion
stretching far back into dark and unknown zones of the mind
its respirating slowly,heaving,sucking in oxygen and whatever else is strangely drifting around through the sparseness of air
integrating particles into its organism
you can think about your past,your own intangible feelings and thoughts
whenever you wish!at your command!you can dream and imagine!right fucking now!sobriety is absolutely incredible!all you need is a vision,and a will

think of the emptiness between particles,infinitely stretching into oblivion,the energy is infinitely seperate?!maybe,who knows!
its seperate and whole at the same time?
unity and oblivion
cascading and shattered through spaces and dimensions of ultimate wierdness
as we are sucked towards the center of a giant mass of stones,minerals,water,life and an infinite amount of other materials revovling in "outer" space,around an enormous burning ancient star!
holy fucking jesus!

if you surround yourself with lame things and lame people it might rub off on you
keep your mind sharp
be aware,be patient,be true to what you are

thats what i ramble about at least

the psychedelic trip is a microcosm of life
in life if you dont accept things for what they are,if you fight them,if you surround yourself with negativity and ignroance,your gonna have a shitty time in life,BAd Trip mAn

--------------------

Edited by krin (05/21/05 06:10 AM)

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: krin]
    #4202836 - 05/21/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

^^^ Exactly! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: Tadpole]
    #4204191 - 05/21/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Krin i know exactly what you mean man,just realzing your own existence is enough to make my head spin after all life is just one big trip!

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: The power of sobriety? [Re: Arf]
    #4205289 - 05/21/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sobriety is only good to me after a long binge of substance use for a few days. But after 9 months of sobriety... escaping would be nice.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds