Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrazyBusiness
Stranger thanyou think
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs.
First trip report :)
    #4198184 - 05/20/05 03:45 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I've never done a report before, but I've experienced some crazy things tonight so I'll give it a shot, though I'm still pretty ripped..

~7:30PM
I was posting something at about quarter after 7, at another forum, when the weather got a little stormy and the power went out. I cursed, went to the living room, and looked at the storm. After spending some time watching the lightning I realized the power wasnt going to be on for a while, so I went out on the porch to smoke a bowl.

~8:30PM
A short power outage turned into a long one, and a bowl turns into five. I figure, "what the fuck", and decide to smoke constantly until the power is back on. Smoking too often for this kind of purpose made me unreasonably sketchy and angry at people who walked or drove by my balcony, so I decide to take a break and relax a while with my candle, feeling pretty negative, but fairly resolved in my solidarity with the lawn gnome that chills on my balcony.

~10PM
Woke up, couldnt move. Didnt worry about not being able to move, but just looked around a lot, focusing on the clouds, which seemed to be moving past the gibbous moon very quickly. After some inane thought about clouds running from the next round of the storm in fear, I had some vague thought of how many people spend much of their lives "running from the storm" while others who choose to live in sync with their environments enjoy the calm between rough spots.

11PM
After some thought on the motives behind different lifestyles and cultures, and how global culture and the technological "small world" is creating a lukewarm, muddy sense of culture and confusing people, leaving them complacent and indecisive, easy prey for propoganda, I closed my eyes. As I opened them I experienced mild visual hallucination in the appearance of the image I saw being "drawn" by the graphics processor of my mind. I spent the next 30 minutes or so marvelling at the graphics and sound processing power of my mind, and comparing it to various inanimate technological objects, imagining the computing benefits and implications of using a human brain as a processor. Quite the trip, if a little impractical in theory.

note: I apologize for the poor writing. I fall victim to run-on sentences and inability to stay on topic when I'm high enough that the room is tilting

11:35PM
I had worked my way more than halfway through a bag I estimate at one half ounce, and started to get cold, so I went inside. After wandering the powerless house for some time I realized there was nothing to focus on in the house without power, and that irritated me to some degree. Usually when I lose focus I go out rowing, and with the storm that wasnt a good idea, so I was askew. I remember bringing a candle to my computer desk and finding a new copy of the DVD "Jimi plays Berkeley", and this reminded me I had a portable battery powered DVD player. Score! I put on the DVD and listened to the famous show, with interludes of Hendrix going off in spoken word about all kinds of shit, while reading a really cool essay printed on a book found in the case. The movie is a dramatically and Cinematically spun record of a magical show at Berkeley Community Theatre, May 30'th (10 days from now) 35 years ago. I reccomend it  :thumbup:

12:20AM
After tripping on the power of communication and creation that this guy had with a guitar, and the things that may have been going through his head at the time, and who might have been there, the power comes back on, in an intrusive, interruptive manner. Spooks me, and kills my train of thought. The whirr of fans, compressors, and unknown electricity related things rushes in to remind me of reality.

A change, perhaps unwelcome at first, but which allowed me to think of posting something from the middle, so as not to forget the feelings. It is as if the power outage rendered the city benign, and the connection to the world amplified, and I had adjusted to that, and now it all seems just a little louder. I think its time I spent a little time in the country. Perhaps visit some family..

Well, I've reached the present, hopefully with some coherence. Listening to East Asian flute music ("Yusef Lateef - The Plum Blossom", get it), and taking up where I left off a little more aware. Good stuff.

--------------------
...in my opinion

Life's too short, man.. Life's too short. Dont hate me, and I wont put space between us. Dont lie to me, and I wont dislike you. Keep an open mind, and I'll love you.

My advice of the week(do this, you'll like it): listen to Mahogany Rush.

Representing Beatiful British Columbian classic dank. Just think, Columbia for coke, British Columbia for buds. truth

Edited by CrazyBusiness (05/20/05 03:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: First trip report :) [Re: CrazyBusiness]
    #4198214 - 05/20/05 04:01 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Damn man sounds like good green really gets you out there. I can never think that clearly when Im buzzin.. Wow.

Whatever works for you man. :thumbup:

I have to give that another read. hah.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineCrazyBusiness
Stranger thanyou think
 User Gallery

Re: First trip report :) [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4198346 - 05/20/05 05:22 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

update.. With a soundtrack of very neutralizing bubbly sound from the bubbler running in the bucket of water I call a humidifier, harmonizing with the music from The Doors and Steely Dan (interesting mix, just about song for song), the night smoothly moves along. No longer am I extraordinarily high. I think that was a product of not only the substance but the uniquely uncommon experience of a powerless city and my mood at the time, and a gift I was happy to recieve. Winding down and  reflecting while learning new things from grow logs and trip logs, with a cup of tea. I would say the remarkable turn of events that started this, though power outages are supposed to be a bad thing, was 100% positive :smile:

--------------------
...in my opinion

Life's too short, man.. Life's too short. Dont hate me, and I wont put space between us. Dont lie to me, and I wont dislike you. Keep an open mind, and I'll love you.

Representing Beatiful British Columbian classic dank. Just think, Columbia for coke, British Columbia for buds. truth

OfflineCrazyBusiness
Stranger thanyou think
 User Gallery

#4200442 - 05/20/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Is this in the right section of the forums?

--------------------
...in my opinion

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4200531 - 05/20/05 06:23 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

CrazyBusiness said:

No but its cool  :cool:

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineCrazyBusiness
Stranger thanyou think
 User Gallery

Re: First trip report :) [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4200872 - 05/20/05 07:53 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Stonerguy said:
Quote:

CrazyBusiness said:

No but its cool  :cool:

where should it go, for future reference?

--------------------
...in my opinion

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Community >> The Pub