Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
experienced pf tekers please respond
    #4196852 - 05/19/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i would really appreciate some help from people who have grown using the pf tek and have gotten nice harvests of the oh so wonderful mushroom. HOW DID YOU KEEP UP THE HUMIDITY WITHOUT AN AUTOMATIC HUMIDIFIER THING? DID YOU USE THE WET PERLITE ON THE FLOOR OF THE FRUITING CHAMBER? OR DID YOU USE THE SPRAY SHIELD AND A SPRAY BOTTLE? WHEN USING THE PERLITE METHOD IS IT AS SIMPLE AS LAYING DOWN A LAYER OF WET PERLITE ON THE FLOOR AND LEAVING IT ALONE, DOES THIS REALLY KEEP THE HUMIDITY HIGHT ENOUGH TO KEEP THE MAGIC MUSH HAPPY...DO YOU HAVE TO RE-WET IT OR USE IN COMBONATION WITH THE SPRAY SHIELD? OR DID YOU USE THE SPRAY SHIELD AND PULL OF A NICE HARVEST? MY SPORES JUST CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY, i'm so happy, BUT I'M NOT SURE METHOD TO USE WHEN TIME ROLLS AROUND TO FRUIT THEM. THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT TO GROW BY THE WAY, ANY HELP IS GRRRRREAT. (just like tony the tiger)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevindicated
Lost
Re: experienced pf tekers please respond [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4196866 - 05/19/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When I did the pf jars I put about a one inch layer of perlite in a cookie sheet and then place my terrerium on top of my VCR and that was more than enough humidity for me. An ocassional mist helps too.

--------------------
Even if that girl in your class didn't see you look at her thong, someone else did. That's one more person who thinks your a pervert.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: experienced pf tekers please respond [Re: vindicated]
    #4196887 - 05/19/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

never have misted or used a spray sheild. the perlite has always kept the humidity high enough for me. i am stepping up the game a little by doing wbs now and going to try out spawning to h poo and then case. these are supposed to be far superior to pf cakes. potency and amount per flush. you still need to have some kind of air exchange in your fruiting chamber for the pf cakes, i have a 1 inch hole stuffed with polyfil on each side of my chamber and that has seemed to be sufficient so far. the holes are about 2 inches above the 1 1/2 inch layer of perlite, as the CO2 gases are heavier than air and sink to the bottom of the tub.
my best advice to you is read everything you can get your hands on concerning all forms of growing. it has helped me out a great deal, even with the pf tek. good luck on your first grow, just be patient.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: experienced pf tekers please respond [Re: backupwards]
    #4196925 - 05/19/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the replies. i think i'll try out the perlite method because using the spray shield would take up space that 4 more cakes could be using up! thanks again for the help i hope everything turns out. I was also wondering how much everyone ended up harvesting from there first grow using the pf tek in dry weight. i've heard that i should get about 3.5 g's dry per cake but will i really end up with this much on my first try? What did you end up with on your first grow using pf cakes w/ no casing?

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4196940 - 05/19/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my first time out i grew lipa yai and got about 3/4 of an ounce from 6 cakes. dunk and roll them cakes and you will see better results.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#4196967 - 05/19/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

backupwards, you sir, are a true hero! Thanks for all the help and advice in your replys!

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4197077 - 05/19/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

no man just someone like you trying to get better at something we all love. that is what this place is for, to help each other out. even though sometimes it may not seem that way .
good luck brother

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #4197091 - 05/19/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i use hydroton instead of perlite. its heavier but not as messy. i have 4 inches in a pmp. seems 2 b working good so far for the most part. i candefinately leave it alone and let the pmp do the job. but i find fanning when i can helps.

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: experienced pf tekers please respond [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4197194 - 05/19/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my friend used a small 50 watt heating pad under his rubbermaid with perlite, and had the room at 72-75. a halfhour after putting the heater on high, all the sides were fogged. he alternated it on low during parts the day with the light, and off during the night, thinking that as well as evaporate lots of moisture into the air and keeping it at 98%+, the alternating temps would simulate a natural day night cycle.

Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Loc: The here and NOW
Re: experienced pf tekers please respond [Re: extinguishment]
    #4197899 - 05/20/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I know a good method. Layer perlite on bottom of chamber. Drill hole in bottom corner of chamber and plug with bubblegum or something. O.K. Here's the good part. POUR BOILING WATER on bottom of chamber to where perlite is almost floating. (Quickly) place PF cakes back in chamber on lids or something. Place airtight lid back on chamber and VIOLA!! Instant Amazonian Jungle Simulation.(PF Strain is an Amazonian Strain) The steam will fill the chamber for about a half an hour before it dissapates. At this point you can just pull the bubblegum plug to drain. The perlite will retain alot of the moisture but you may want to repeat this "Sauna" for your boys evey few hours if you're really devoted to Da Kine. It's been SO many years since I've used the PF Tek but this idea worked for me. It seemed kind of pointless to build a spray shield and spray the crap out it all the while NOT retaining ANY humidity in the chamber. So I developed this method with much brainstorming. Hope this helps you and all the new PF Tekkies out there. Oh yeah, one final word, on grain selection. BRF IMHO creates VERY small, weak fruits with the PF strain. If this is you're first grow, get the basics down first, BRF is less likely to contaminate. But when you're ready to graduate to the next level, try using Rye Grain, Millet, or WBS. Or, if you're feeling really frisky, try experimenting w/ Barley, Quinoa, Oat Groats or Spelt. We need more experiments w/ these grains done.                                Good Luck.                                                                Happy Happy Shroom Shroom, Happy Happy Shroom Shroom.................                      :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer:

Offlinekeeperofkeys
formally fubar
Loc: The here and NOW
Re: experienced pf tekers please respond [Re: extinguishment]
    #4197900 - 05/20/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I know a good method. Layer perlite on bottom of chamber. Drill hole in bottom corner of chamber and plug with bubblegum or something. O.K. Here's the good part. POUR BOILING WATER on bottom of chamber to where perlite is almost floating. (Quickly) place PF cakes back in chamber on lids or something. Place airtight lid back on chamber and VIOLA!! Instant Amazonian Jungle Simulation.(PF Strain is an Amazonian Strain) The steam will fill the chamber for about a half an hour before it dissapates. At this point you can just pull the bubblegum plug to drain. The perlite will retain alot of the moisture but you may want to repeat this "Sauna" for your boys evey few hours if you're really devoted to Da Kine. It's been SO many years since I've used the PF Tek but this idea worked for me. It seemed kind of pointless to build a spray shield and spray the crap out it all the while NOT retaining ANY humidity in the chamber. So I developed this method with much brainstorming. Hope this helps you and all the new PF Tekkies out there. Oh yeah, one final word, on grain selection. BRF IMHO creates VERY small, weak fruits with the PF strain. If this is you're first grow, get the basics down first, BRF is less likely to contaminate. But when you're ready to graduate to the next level, try using Rye Grain, Millet, or WBS. Or, if you're feeling really frisky, try experimenting w/ Barley, Quinoa, Oat Groats or Spelt. We need more experiments w/ these grains done.                                Good Luck.                                                                Happy Happy Shroom Shroom, Happy Happy Shroom Shroom.................                      :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer: :shroomer:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom