Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuadrupleTree
Single Whip

Pasteurization OOPS!??
    #4197473 - 05/19/05 08:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Lets say at the 1 hr & 15 min mark, some pasteurizing horse poo is left unattended... and in the next 15 minutes rises from 170 degrees to 195 degrees. It is then discovered and immediately removed from heat.

Would you be hesistant to discard your hard work for fear of contams... and go ahead and spawn with your only 4 quarts of WBS... hoping that you can still get a potent and large yield?

Or would you give up and just case the WBS?

...is all lost???

--------------------
I don't know if you are ready, but I'd like to offer the Truth of Dr. David R. Hawkins...http://www.veritaspub.com

People talk about getting "the fear." There is simply a lack of inner confidence and comfort. Those people haven't studied any type of mind training. I suggest they seriously consider Qigong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Pasteurization OOPS!?? [Re: QuadrupleTree]
    #4197540 - 05/19/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

G2G the WBS and try both?

I personally wouldn't be TOO worried. It takes a little while for the internal temperature to rise. Buuuuut that being said, it is better to be safe than sorry. Especially if you have only a limited supply of grain.
If you do start over don't just throw that poo away, start an outdoor bed. Dig a hole outside then add your casing to it once it has flushed out.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4197554 - 05/19/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No dude, that pasteurization is OK. I keep mine 180-200 degrees for 1.5 hours. you'll be allright, trust me.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Pasteurization OOPS!?? [Re: SoopaX]
    #4197567 - 05/19/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wow I shoot for like 170 for about 30mins to 40 mins but it always will reach 180 at some point.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Pasteurization OOPS!?? [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4197720 - 05/19/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I personally wouldn't be TOO worried. It takes a little while for the internal temperature to rise. Buuuuut that being said, it is better to be safe than sorry. Especially if you have only a limited supply of grain.
If you do start over don't just throw that poo away, start an outdoor bed. Dig a hole outside then add your casing to it once it has flushed out.

I like that idea best ^^

Gl

-Gnostic

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4197745 - 05/19/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you go beyond 180F, you are past pasturization & below sterilization. Odds are you will get a bacterial bloom.

If you have more h/poo, I would START OVER.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasteurization OOPS!?? [Re: agar]
    #4197762 - 05/19/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I hit 195-200 in the water all the time..if the water just hit that in 15 minutes, chances are the substrate didnt heat up to much. If your really unsure...maybe use half of the poo, and fruit half the WBS by itself, but if it were me, I'd probably use it all. I'm not very experienced with poo yet though so take that for what its worth.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4197766 - 05/19/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I hit 180-195 in the water every now and then..if the water just hit that in 15 minutes, chances are the substrate didnt heat up to much. If your really unsure...maybe use half of the poo, and fruit half the WBS by itself, but if it were me, I'd probably use it all. I'm not very experienced with poo yet though so take that for what its worth. If you were recording the substrate temp though and that hit 195...I'd probably rethink it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineQuadrupleTree
Single Whip

#4197768 - 05/19/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, thanks for the responses.

This is a hypothetical situation, I wanted to spur more discussion on this.

Considering the amount of mass usually heated in this process, it seems doubtful that a temp spike of 25 degrees in only 10 or 15 min would happen... now that I step back and look at it. This may have cleared up some confusion.

--------------------
I don't know if you are ready, but I'd like to offer the Truth of Dr. David R. Hawkins...http://www.veritaspub.com

People talk about getting "the fear." There is simply a lack of inner confidence and comfort. Those people haven't studied any type of mind training. I suggest they seriously consider Qigong.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix