Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE
    #4197623 - 05/19/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Damn :[

I was just sitting on the couch all of a sudden my white boxer comes and lunges at my face and bites me WTF

luckily its not that bad but I'm worried about the small tooth mark that was bleeding before. Its about an inch below my eye. I immediately put neosporin on it hopefully this will help a little

what should i do? i am very worried about this, and am still shocked that my dog did this for no reason, he's going to be put to sleep now.

any tips on what to do with wound would be help full

should i keep putting neosporin on the wound or what? i don't even think ill sleep tonight I'm worrying too much about this shit :[

appreciate it

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: PriitK]
    #4197641 - 05/19/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dude youre freaking out, youre totally okay i just got bit by a neighbors dog not my own a few weeks ago and i am totally fine. neosporin will kill all the germs. i used it and it probably helped me heal faster. have no fear. you are safe

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4197643 - 05/19/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You should know by the morning if it is going to be infected or not. If it is painful and swollen in the morning, you might want to see a doctor for some stronger antibiotics than neosporin.

I have a friend who's dog bit his arm. Two teeth went in, quite deep and through all layers of the skin (looked like it was right into the muscle). He washed it out in his swimming pool (ick) and bandaged it up, and it healed pretty nicely. I wouldn't recommend that...but it might give you an idea of comparrison.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: trendal]
    #4197658 - 05/19/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The dog literally attacked to harm you? Or just playing... I know my boxers get a little wild when you play with them, but its all in good fun.

Not good if he did. Maybe he has rabbies, or you don't know how to raise a dog. Either way sucks for him.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: looner2]
    #4197670 - 05/19/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the speedy replies guys, i apppreciate it

yes all of a sudden he jumped and lunged at me and im lucky he didnt even do more damage them that. i have a fat lip and i bit the inside on my mouth too

so it wont scar unless it gets infected or what? how about acne scars they dont scar unless they get infected? i don't know much about this any help would be appreciated. im even worried about going to sleep or taking a shower that might do something to make it scar?

thanks

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4197679 - 05/19/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It may leave a small scar, but it shouldn't be too visible unless you pick at it.

The trick is to let it scab over and make sure you don't nock the scab off until it falls off by itself. Keep it moist with antibiotic cream and a bandage, and there shouldn't be anything more than a small scar (if that).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #4199840 - 05/20/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

he's going to be put to sleep now.

I hope your not serious

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4199929 - 05/20/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Clean it right after it happened with alcohol or somthing then neosporin is probably good idea. It will probably not get infected.

That sucks about your dog tho. Ive seen some dogs that will just turn vicous at random times.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: looner2]
    #4200273 - 05/20/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:

Not good if he did. Maybe he has rabbies, or you don't know how to raise a dog. Either way sucks for him.

As an ex dog trainer, I know many people do not know how to raise a dog. When loved and trained and not abused, I personally have never seen a dog attack their owner. But I have seen them defend their owner. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineRetired
Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: Icelander]
    #4200318 - 05/20/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

did you say you were going to put him to sleep? like die dog die?

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4200778 - 05/20/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm going to say that is a sorry reason to put a dog to sleep. Has the dog been spayed/neutered? Hormones make any animal more prone to outbursts.

Best thing to do if you can't keep him under control through proper discipline and care is to give the animal to someone who knows how to take care of it.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: Organic]
    #4200936 - 05/20/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ouch. How long have you had your pup for? Puttin' him to sleep's a little drastic in my opinion, but you would definitely know him better than me. If it happened with my dog I'd certainly not do it because I know his thoughts inside and out.

Just put neosporin on it, clean it out in some warm water and maybe with a little bit of soap and you're honestly good to go. So long as everything's been washed you're in the clear. Lets hope for the best with your pup. I'm sure the cut will be fine, it could get totally infected and you'd know it, yet still have time to doddle all the way to the doctor and get some proper treatment.

The only time my dog ever bit anyone is when my cousins were blowing in his face because he kept making a weird/funny dog face, but they kept doing it to the point where it nipped my cousin. I definitely dealt with my dog after, and the second he bit my cousin he (my dog) flipped on his back to expose his stomach, and I could tell the little dumbass knew he was in shit. He was only 6 months old, any other times he bit me personally were my fault because I stuck my hand in his mouth while holding a stick. And I could see the muscle in my finger!! lol

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4201182 - 05/20/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You've got to show him who's the alpha male. Every once in a while my dog will accidentally bite me while we're playing. If he does I bite him hard enough to make him whine a little then I play with him some more. He knows who's boss. I can sit with my mouth like 5cm from his face while he's eating and he won't growl or anything. Dogs are smart enough to know what they can get away with, show him who's boss.

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: MY DOG JUST BIT MY FACE [Re: newuser1492]
    #4201816 - 05/20/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the info butterbeans

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#4204501 - 05/21/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed. So long as your dog knows who the dominant one is, you can live in harmony and both respect each other. Being the alpha male doesn't mean he's a piece of trash, just your bitch. :smile:

So what are you going to do with your dog? I really think that it's your call because none of us know your relationship with him, but I still think that it's a hard call.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals