Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: If Instead of Questioning if God Exists [Re: sox24]
    #4221601 - 05/26/05 07:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This has been my own "experiment[s] with truth" (to quote the subtitle of Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography) - to live 'as though' GOD was Real - Ultimately Real. It has been 30 years now and I have not made a mistake. GOD has been made more Real, (has been Realized) in my life: the Design, the Synchronicities, the coincidences of asking and receiving (sometimes very very specific!), the presence of Joy that remains, howsoever veiled by fear or grief. GOD is not The-Old-Bearded-Guy-in-the-Sky; GOD is the Eternal Awareness of which all of this and all of us are Ideas. And this is the only metaphorical doctrine that has remained to me. We may manifest 'for a time' (that is, 'in time'), outside of GOD proper, but insofar as the Eternal Awareness has Eternal Ideas, we have Eternal Life in GOD. For now, we are in temporary exile in space-time.

Of course, to those who identify with their bodies and personalities exclusively, and who may or may not believe they 'have' a soul, my 'doctrine' will be denied. Those who have crossed the 'Veil of Paroketh,' will have had a 'figure-ground shift,' and will see themselves as a Self that is cloaked in a body and personality. Many of you Know what I mean - it is that Self that is experienced during Peak Experiences: the Witness, the Timeless Being that becomes palpable, that seems more real than one's everyday identity. "Very interesting, but...," most people say, but are glad to 'come down' to their lower centers of psychophysical identity - there is comfort in the body. "Think I'll come back here again every now and then..." sang the Grateful Dead in 'Anthem of the Sun.' A few souls will want to cross the veil into Tiphereth, dwell in the Heart Cave - Eternally. It is from Here that one sees oneself as 'being spiritual but having a human experience,' instead of the other way around.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]