Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlueDogAnchorite
The jury arecoming, comingto tear me apart
Drying method
    #4194806 - 05/19/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think that this should work just fine, but I thought I might as well see what you guys thought.

I'm going to use a large plastic bowl with two layers of wire mesh and calcium chloride etc.., as is written in some of the teks.
But I'm not going to bother with a lid, I was thinking of getting one of those big fans to blow on em, so that I'd get the best of both drying methods!

--------------------
If god is all powerful, then the devil must be nothing more than a darkness in the mind of god, however if the devil is something real and seperate then perfection is impossible and god cannot exist, except in the aspirations of fallen angels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying method [Re: BlueDogAnchorite]
    #4194818 - 05/19/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

won't work with the lid off...
the calcium chloride will draw moisture from the air.

dry them with a fan first...then put them in your container set up...with the lid on!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Drying method [Re: Roadkill]
    #4194870 - 05/19/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ive noticed that Cal chlor causes the ambient air in the chamber to smell like calcium chloride, and that it gives the shrooms a different taste. this leads me to believe that maybe the mushrooms are being cured with some amount of the CC in it. gave a friend some shrooms i had dried using this method, and he puked for the first time on shrooms although is has taken them dozens of time before from other sources and has never had that occur.

ive also puked every time ive used this method, hence i have stopped.

just a thought.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying method [Re: Abermelin]
    #4194930 - 05/19/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

no idea bro...

I use a dehydrator.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineBlueDogAnchorite
The jury arecoming, comingto tear me apart
Re: Drying method [Re: Roadkill]
    #4195498 - 05/19/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, Doh!
Hmm I'm going to have to start picking some tommorow! I don't even have scales or a fan yet though, oh well I could just eat this flush, meh.

--------------------
If god is all powerful, then the devil must be nothing more than a darkness in the mind of god, however if the devil is something real and seperate then perfection is impossible and god cannot exist, except in the aspirations of fallen angels.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag