Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: DubSak]
    #4218474 - 05/25/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if you decide to get your stuff back,just dont mix drugs but it may of been just the shrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecalicyco
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: unearth]
    #4219037 - 05/25/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I really doubt weed had anything to do with the trip, especially the small amount you took. You just had a hell of a shroom trip, thats all. Takes time to get over a bad trip, when I was a teen a loooong time ago I had a super heavy LSD trip that scared me off tripping for many years. Same shit, different brain.

Anyway, smoking pot whilst having a hardcore bad trip actually helps, in my experience. It changes things a bit, it rearranges the experience which many times help refocus your mind on something else. It also relaxes you. A bad trip is just a broken record of some fear running crazy in your mind. Fear leads to the dark side. The truest most powerful concept you can grasp while tripping is this: it will wear off. It is only a temporary state.

The older and more experienced you get, the less likely this will occur, because you will more and more understand that its going to stop eventually.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: Asante]
    #4219174 - 05/25/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
I tend to emphasize on these forums that 3.5gr of mushrooms is a very high dose as it can contain anywhere between 15-40mg Psilocybin, whereas the therapeutic ratio is 2-20mg.

For this reason I recommend newbies and veterans to learn to appreciate doses around 1.5gr, which is a good 8-20mg and should be kosher for most peoples tripping needs.

People generally laugh and throw rocks at me :grin:

You've had a trip in excess of 20mg Psilocybin, I can tell, and its been quite hard on you. Do not be worried: I myself have been hit at least as hard on less. Bad Trips can be uniquely excruciating, but in all likelyness you'll emerge with no problems whatsoever if you have integrated this trip properly.

The pattern is classic.
You've taken a very high dose of psilocybin and got flooded by sensations. This awoke two of the major fears one faces in classic bad trips, the fear that you have lost or are losing your sanity: fear of insanity and despair about being damned forever which mean you've indeed got hit by a big one by psychological standards.

Usually I myself get bad trips centering around the fear of dying on that very moment which is another of the great ones. Read my LSD tripreport called "Explorers in the further regions of experience" here or on Erowid to see me slip into, and out of, a granddaddy of a bad trip.

You're likely still shaken right now so take your time to come to your senses. You (were going to) throw out all drugs because at the mo you should indeed not use thgem because you're out of balance.

Once in balance again it's likely you may want to use drugs/alcohol again, perhaps even Mushrooms but the latter will likely take several months. Even if you are DEAD SURE you never want mushrooms ever again make sure to hold onto a sporeprint or other Psilocybe genetics so you might start from scratch if the desire to explore outgrows the trauma of having bitten off more than you could chew.

If you had problematic drug use now is your time to get rid of it. If you were a pot abuser (semi-daily use isnt always voluntary) or had a drinking prob then throw that bottle & bong far away. If it were no prob at all loan your bong collection to a friend for however long it takes.

In the ideal world a person occasionally indulges in the simple pleasures of say alcohol and/or cannabis and on rare occasion ingests a workable quantity of psychedelics.

Go easy on yourself. Yes, you wanted to get fucked up so the mushroom fucked you over instead. :wink: Don't kick yourself but take some quality time to get in peace again and do some thinking.
I want to urge you to click "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my sig, download the PDF and print it for offline reading if you want to come to better understanding as to what it was you did and whether you'd like to do it again.

Take some time for yourself and chill. Evaluate the road you're walking in this life and whether it leads to where you want to go. This may turn out to be one of the most valuable turning points of your life yet, if you handle this well.

I have heard VERY few people describe it as well as you do. Wonderful advise, I feel the same way. My favorite dose is 1-1.5 cubies, Probably done that 75 ish of my 150ish shroom trips. I enjoy pushing boundries every now and then too...have had a few doses over 5, including 7+ a hit of good acid, but those took much time to walk up to. A few of my first few dozen trips were 1/8ths...including about my 4th or 5th..and I had a horrible experience. I came to terms with it then though and havnt had the same problem since. Have had some down times, and some tough trips...but never anything that felt so bleak again. I'm very glad I didnt decide to stop there or at any of the other times.

My last trip was a week ago, 1.5 grams pan cyans with my girlfriend (she hadnt done them before, I've done them once, 1 gram) and that was an intense experience that made her and I sware off of them. For me it only lasted until I was down all the way then I knew I'd be tripping again. When I was peaking, I forgot why I like to trip though...comming down I remember...its more for the comedown and looking back on things and to tough it out sometimes. I am going to take a break from the pan cyans though, them suckers can knock you the fuck out...

Good luck on your journies..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4219792 - 05/25/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Lol..
What a funny story. Just remember... It's only a shroom trip. You just took some shrooms, everything will be normal in a few hours.

Jeez man.. I've never lost control of myself with any drug. . .

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #4220938 - 05/25/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm just glad you didn't do anything stupid like call 911. I read so many reports in which someone who is realitivly inexperienced gets freaked out like you did and calls 911.

I've actually thrown away entire crops after a bad trip vowing never to take shrooms again. Of course after a month or two I was helping my friend on a new crop.

With shrooms, you have to take the good with the bad. Fortunatly, there is a lot of good that can come from shrooms. Bad trips happen... but with some time and experience you notice that bad trips aren't really that bad, but just something that you're not prepared to handle. Next time something like that happens to you, you can remember back to the experience you had and recall that in the end you simply came down and everything was fine.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineANONYMOUSLYsarah
Sarah

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: djd586]
    #4547849 - 08/17/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

wow, that must have been fucking insane... well thats good your taking a break from all that shit. one big scare can change thigns soe fast. lol

--------------------
-sarah

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: GatorB]
    #4550548 - 08/18/05 04:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

For your next trip get back to basics, take a low dose and plan out things to do/think about- get your set and setting right, respect the shrooms and they'll respect you.

As for the trip you had - sometimes the most terrifying trip can be the one where the most learning occurs.

In a way I think anyone who trips on shrooms has to have a tough experience at some point as a frame of reference.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4588631 - 08/27/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As for the trip you had - sometimes the most terrifying trip can be the one where the most learning occurs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i totally agree with this. yesterday my partner kept asking me if i had a good time (i took my first solo trip at just under 6 dry gs)
and i cried and said no. there were parts of it where i was completely and utterly miserable, but it was so rewarding and so much more than i could have ever imagined. i just know what to do differently next time to make it go smoothly. i am amazed by the similarities in our experiences.
and i totally know what you were going through.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4590139 - 08/28/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:

As for the trip you had - sometimes the most terrifying trip can be the one where the most learning occurs.

Very true. Your trip is a lot similar to mine on gold tops.
as for

"I felt like because I had disrespected the power of the mushrooms (by saying we wouldn't feel anything from that "baby" dose) that I was being subjected to some serious shit. As if the mushrooms were saying, "How do you like me now? Do you think I can't fuck you up NOW?"

And I bet that's exactly what they were doing. I had a similar freak out, but I knew I was learning, although I thought I was dying. Whos not to say that these little things ARE so frustrated and just want to teach and they sit there in front of you and look up going "you've got no idea... you can look at me, but see what I'll show you... be careful mate" sorry if I'm dribbling shit.

Just call it a learning curve though. I was as naive as you at first, I had a whoppingly excessive dose and was just out for kicks. I came out of it with a completely different look on reality and what's hiding behind it and a lot more respect for the power of those little miracles. Hallucination? How can you see something if it's not there? You can't, so things you see are there, you just need to be able to see them. It's even weirder when you and somebody else see the same things.

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: GatorB]
    #4591061 - 08/28/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like it was less terrifying than full of utter despair. And those are the worst. I had a trip about four months ago that came on within ten minutes and floored me. I lost my ability to see the people I was talking to and instead saw a horizon line??I knew that if I went over the horizon, I'd never come back. So that was rough, and I decided to leave.

And then the despair kicked in, all alone, and that's the worst part. When you want peace and order, and instead the people around you are being inconsiderate and you have no way of controlling them (the need for control is where things get sticky), and you decide to leave and seek peace??this is where it begins. The peace doesn't come because something is nagging on you. You think of those you left behind and what they think of you. You see the bigger picture of your life, and you think of your parents maybe sleeping, but for some reason you know that they can't possibly be sleeping??they feel as terrible and bewildered as you. Everyone in the world is restless, feverish, sore. There's no peace, no release. Only tension and the need to cry, but even crying would be useless. So you stew in the dark, wanting light but knowing that it won't come, and listening. You've been mumbling to yourself, and when you stop to listen it's all the same??"I am, I am, I am." There's no escaping yourself! Suicide, maybe, but that would take effort, and you know it's inherently wrong, and besides, it was just a passing thought thought thought, nothing to even consider really, nothing??am I still thinking about this? And so you stand up and speak out loud??"Kill myself? What am I?" And in standing you notice more clearly the perturbations, the crawling walls and strange incessant hallucinations. There is something so basic about them, so boring, as though they've always been there??there's no real need for this obvious display! "I just want a bite to eat, a place to sit down, someone to talk to... I just want..." And you want, but don't know what. You want... the ability... to express yourself fluently in the world! You want unthinking diligence and precision! You want grace, clarity, freedom! But you know you can't have these things by thinking about them. And so it's a disease you have, a perversion. You have become some kind of subnormal. You need to be locked in a small room for the rest of your life so that you cannot poison other people's minds with your idiot thoughts.

And the sun is shining on all the happy flowers on the other side of the world.

And maybe you sleep, and upon waking or reentry into your more comfortable thought processes you think, "Boy! I'm not doing THAT again!" And you know what? You're just fine after all. Just another human thinking human thoughts, capable of so much but so very little. And that's really an okay thing to be.

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: Alobar]
    #4591621 - 08/28/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alobar, you would do well to read the writings of Boethius. You obviously possess some inkling of my own worldview. Hopefully Boethius can further unite us as brothers utterly disgusted with the state of modern affairs.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4591910 - 08/28/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So what happened to the people that actually DID surrender to the bad trip? EG, left sane reasoning?

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: indica]
    #4631391 - 09/07/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You should of drank a little liquer once your friend left. I always find that drinking after you trip will usually put you back in the right mind set after a bad trip. Your trip report could of been written by me, I went through all that shit, saying I would never dose again, I would never do any drug again. It lasted for about a week, lol.

OfflineCissyMalfoy
Crazy FugitiveOn The Loose
 User Gallery

Loc: Dublin
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: prefloppro]
    #4643027 - 09/10/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My first trip was pretty bad, not like yours tho'. I was with four friends. Two who were tripping, two who were observers, trip-sitters in a way. I just zoned out, and was paranoid about what my friends thought of me.. I freaked but didnt say a word t anyone. I sat and stared, and rocked, an freaked. It was even worse for the fact that my two tripping friends were on such a good buzz. They got the giggles an kept them for the majority of the trip. Eventually, i just let go, an yelled at all my friends with such pure rage, an seriousness. I shook, and went to rip out my hair, inadvertantly nearly ripping half my hair out of my head. I couldnt feel the pain, if i didnt think i could, an just kept pulling until ripping noises could be heard, an i stopped. Then i livened up a bit, but kept reverting back to being withdrawn.

After that trip, i was considering not taking them, but i figured that you cant judge tripping on one trip, so tried them again an had such a great trip... (see my journal for the full story of both...its long but not that long...)

--------------------
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6987/angievamp74qq.jpg

Take one more step and I'll jam this into my aorta!

OfflineCissyMalfoy
Crazy FugitiveOn The Loose
 User Gallery

Loc: Dublin
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: CissyMalfoy]
    #4643035 - 09/10/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It just goes t prove how trips arent always bad. Sumtimes they're not, others they are... It all depends on how the cookie crumbles!

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: CissyMalfoy]
    #4672074 - 09/16/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

two main rules of tripping eevryone should follow,

1) turn off all of your communication devices, AIM, cell, landline phone, email etc.

2) lock or hide all dangerous objects, such as knifes, guns, exacto knifes, sticks, pins, numchucks, etc.

AIM you might one why thats bad. one of my trips my friend brent sent me to talk to an AIM chat bot. neways the fukkin thing had me talking to it for like 2 hours.

secondly one of my roomates got pissed at his gf and chase her outta our apt with a knife one time i was tripping on like 4.5 grams, that freek me the fukk out.

those are uncomfortable trips you are describing. bad trips are ones you can not end, and you are stuck a nightmare too fukked up to realze its just a trip. One time i was at a party in college trippin on 4 hits of L (liquid from MN). Awesome trip, the shyt on the tables was melting, but my friends didn't wanna leave, and iwanted to. ppl were getting very drunk and annoying, which brings us to rule number 3) never ever never trip around drunk ppl. its very weird. after doing so i realize how idiotic drunk ppl are, and the stupidest shyt they say and do. never really drank after that. only like once a year or twice.

neways we were walking home in Feb. So how i mangled what my best friend told me about getting a ride home (feb in NE, very cold). some how i mangled what he said into that we got into a car accident.

i my reality began to twist into that(about 2 hours into the trip) i actually thought that my arms got ripped off during the car accident. I couldn't feel em (now looking back i think it was the numbing cold weathere that made em numb) neways i began to run like a crazy man all over the streets, screaming that we got into an accident. etc. my friend were able t ocalm me down after like 15 mins. fortunatly it wasl ike 4am and noone was awake our out and about. Walking the rest of the way back to our dorm, i had an outta body experience. i thought that i had died, and my soul actually was floating like 12 feet behind me 3/4 perspective like in a video game. I felt like this sphere around my floating soul, and i could move around my physical body 360 deg. i remeber being quite until we got back to the dorm. we sat in our room staring at acid trip (a dos program) for like 2 hours. and we must have smoked atleast an oz of weed till we came down. that 30 mins of the trip was the worst experience of my life. soooo scarey.

which brings us to rule 4) always have atleats one close close friend who understands you be availble for you at anytime. the ycan talk you outta a bad trip and will salvage it. typically your seeker )our trip guide) should be sober. unless you are extremely experience tripper.

Offlineboondocksaintx
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: georgia
Re: Trip Report: Cubes (worst experience of my life) [Re: thegaruda]
    #4687165 - 09/20/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

amen

--------------------
"So let your mind go for a minute or two, and let your mind levitate for a delicate few'
~ Of A Revolution

One day you w?ll see the clear blue, Beyond the Gray Sky. ~311

~LISTEN TO RADIO HEAD (AMNESIAC) WHILE TRIPPING!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag