Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
" Laudanum " experiment
    #4193316 - 05/19/05 12:45 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yes, I know real laudanum is made form *real* opium, but the following is my account of using dried pods to make it.

12 pods were powered and put in a jar with ever clear- ratio= 65%pods/35%ever clear.
I let this sit for 2 days, shaking vigorously numerous times.

Then, I heated some water on medium and put this glass jar in the water to heat up(loosing the lid slightly so it wouldn't explode)
After I gave it some heat, I shook it up a ton and let it sit for another 2 hours.

Then I dumped the entire bottle out into a pan and added two tablespoons Vinegar and 1 cup water.
I simmered this to evaporate the alcohol and then I strained it, added honey, and stirred well.

I must say, this thing has some shabam to it. Be careful with this recipe!!

The DOUBLE extraction of alcohol and water with heat on both accounts and the aid of an acid probably got every good that could have come out of the pods.
I'm not even going to finish this glass, because I would probably OD ;0

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Re: " Laudanum " experiment [Re: flowstone]
    #4193511 - 05/19/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Just a side note, my next experiment is going to be pod putty.
I am going to soak 75 pods in 500ML of ever clear for 30 days.
Then, I'm going to evaporate the ever clear down to a thick liquid and dose accordingly.

BTW- ever clear and dry pods produce a green liquid, almost deep emerald. Quite the color!

The reason I am posting this is because I want to hear your 'experiments' with pods and grain alcohol!

--------------------

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #4193595 - 05/19/05 01:45 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

30 days seems a little extreme....a week with shaking would be more than plenty..

peace :rasta:

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: " Laudanum " experiment [Re: supra]
    #4195505 - 05/19/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've dabbled with pod extracts a time or two. Found it to be very strong, I puked all night. There were some good sensations but the nausea ruined everything. No more than 1 tablespoon of ground up pods per dose starting out is my recommendation. I was told 2 tbs and it was too much. I may try it again but at lower dosages. The way I did it was just run it through an expresso maker. It only takes about 5 minutes. I ran hot water through it twice to make sure I got everything.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleRudiger420
Rudiger420
    #4200572 - 05/20/05 06:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well I took 10 grams of dryed poppy pods, Grounded them up in a coffee grinder. Boiled 2 cups water and then dumped pod powder in. Turned off heat after 5 seconds and let cool down for a couple hours with the top on. Then I heated up the pot again just so it started simmering. Then I let cool again. Filtered through a coffee filter and trashed pod powder sludge. Then I let the opium laced water evaporate with a small heater fan pointing on the glass tray. Actually it was my crockpot cause I had no pyrex cookie trays. Few days later when it was all dry, I scraped up with razor blade. It was actually dry and powderry. If I want to make up fucking words I will. Didn't quite look too appealing and I definately wouldn't want to smoke it. Actually had a faint tobacco smell and I wasn't the only one to note this. In the book Opium For the Masses by Jim Hogshire, he said you can smoke it, eat it, or disolve it in booze and drink it. Unfortunately it didn't look too appealing to smoke. My friend did anyhow. Sooo....with this powder opium, I added a small bit of everclear to mush it all together in hopes of making it look more like the fresh opium I smoke. It worked but still didn't look as appealing. I let the everclear evaporate for those wondering. Now I had 3 grams of opium from only 10 grams of pods. Probably spent $7. Not wanting to smoke it, I put it in 3 capsules and ate one. An hour later I was starting to feel the effects so I ate the other 2. Big mistake. I was FUCKED UP. In a good way though. I Should have only taken 2 max. Pucked once. Woke up still fucked up. Ate at 4 pm on sat and was fucked up till noon the next day. Guess that's what happens when you eat 3 grams of opium. haha. I noted my pupils got really small and a normal incondecent light killed my eyes. Only candle fire. Don't fall asleep with the fire lit though! Peace Rudiger420

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Re: " Laudanum " experiment [Re: Rudiger420]
    #4202095 - 05/21/05 03:08 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Great write up, I'll have to give it a try!

--------------------

OfflineAshaman
Male

#4202098 - 05/21/05 03:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the info flowstone. I'll be trying a cold extraction next and will post my results. My pod putty experiment turned up a product that produced a good dose at about 4.5 grams so I think I lost some potency from leaving it on the heat too long (all the way until it was dry). I wonder if there is anyway to get a decent smokable product from dry pods???

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Re: " Laudanum " experiment [Re: Ashaman]
    #4204673 - 05/21/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

No, pod putty is not smoke-able.
Well, it will burn, and you can inhale it :smirk: but you are wasting it big time, and hurting your lungs.

The only way to get a smoke-able product(that I know of) from dry pods is do a freeze morphine salt extraction. Check the stickied thread in this forum at the top of the list of posts, I copied and pasted a tek on how to do this in that thread.
I'll look foreword to your cold extraction report, as well as any others.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden