Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Logan, work in progress,
    #4193237 - 05/19/05 12:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The force takes no physical form, yet looms heavily in the shadowy darkness. Practically beyond all perception, the entity in the gap between street lamps, formless, yet somehow tall, taller by leaps and bounds than the tallest man, it can only be perceived as a void, an absense of all things known, as a black hole might be; massive and dense, wearing a hat with a long brim draawn down over its nonexistant eyes. It leans against a leafless oak in summertime, as a woman's heels come clacking along, leaving the safety of a street lamp's light and entering the darkness between.

A child hangs onto her elbow and she almost drags him along, her hands busy in her purse, fumbling apprehensively for a compact or a cell phone, or keys, or something. "Is someone there Mommy?" the child's voice, sweet innocence.

"No, Honey," she assures him, but she herself wonders. No one visible, but something cold, stark, lonely, her mother had told her this place was haunted, evil spirits lurking. She walks along briskly, child grasping her elbow tightly, loathing the soulless nothing.

He watches invisibly from the darkness and makes no move. He has no business with this woman who smells of sour perfume and she's so scared, but not of him really, though he is sure she senses him. She's scared to death of everything, running through life from mirrors and judgments. A harmless fluttery bird; apologetic in all her movements, graceless, ugly, totally uninteresting in any light. The child, wide-eyed and breathless, still puddy in the hands of a social invalid, he wonders about that child's future and grins outwardly. The child shudders as the heels clack quickly out of earshot.

He, it, enraptures the dead oak, climbing through its limbs mindlessly, always watching the street. What had become of man, it wonders, where were the heroes, where was any kind of conviction, real heart, humanity as soulless as he in this modern time, he, it, had watched the species flourish, become lazy, cowardly, stagnant and rotten. Soon it would just fall away like some forgotten limb off life's tree, arrogance and all and shatter against the void...unless of course Logan was worth a shit.

Soon, he, it, whatever, would find out.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico
Re: Logan, work in progress, [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #4193243 - 05/19/05 12:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice. :thumbup:

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Logan, work in progress, [Re: TYL3R]
    #4193447 - 05/19/05 01:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Slow and steady, his steps are like everything in his life. Logan's left hand is under his pancho, gripping his sixgun, and he leaves the street lamp's light and enters the blackness between. As this happens a cloud curtain is drawn back and the moon revealed, covering everything in a bluish glow. He hears a loud Vampiral rasp from the brittle boughs of the dead oak, and the corner of Logan's mouth twitches slightly in the gesture of a smile. Such a corny sound from something so ancien.

Unseen from beneath his baggy pancho, his gun aims toward the tree. What had drawn him here, why this night of all the nights that come pouring down from the void? He had long ago stopped asking questions, for he had always been drawn somewhere, and he had never denied the calling.

The son of aristocrats, social elitists, he had been given no room to grow and flourish, constant pruning, and when that failed they had him committed and at a round marble table in a hall of echoes atop the nut house, a group of alleged "experts" licensed by "fools" deemed him schizophrenic, which Logan knew even then at the age of eight was a fancy way of saying crazy. Beneath the thick, red ink, of the stamp on his file, in fine black letters were words like "subject" (meaning him) and "hears voices" and "sees signs." Yeah he saw signs alright and despite the tearful pleas of his mother late into nights and early into mornings as he grasped the blanket, his face a living portrait of confusion, he would not deny them, and the more boisterous his affirmations, the more vivid the signs became, the more clear the voices became.

And so he grew up surrounded by condescending muscle-bound college kids in white coats, being fed syrup designed to numb his senses, he spat when he could, and swallowed only when necessary, something artificial about the sweetness, vile purple stuff, dulled him, but not so much that he could not learn their game, and over time he answered their questions untruthfully, placed round pegs into round holes though he knew somehow that if he tried hard enough he could make a square one fit, but fuck it, the sky outside is blue, and the signs would surely never go away now, they were as real as concrete, he could play their game, charisma oozing from his pearly dimpled grin, "Yeah Doc, I feel much better," blue eyes sharp, "yeah doc, illusion and reality, I dig, doc, yeah, doc, whatever you say," and thinking "Fuck you doc, keeping me from the birdsong, genuine laughter, stowed away with these poor souls who have surrendered their essence to your thick purple medicine juice, theirs is the desolate laughter of the defeated. You have convinced them with your tie and gold necklace and slicked back hair, that you are Authority, and that they are nuts, and maybe they are, but I'm not, and I belong among the genuine laughter of children and birdsong forest, I'm going doc, I'm a grown goddamn man now, and I can keep a job and play your game" and besides all that the signs all read "EXIT" and he finally got out and bought a gun when he was told to and now, after many nights asleep in a studio flat at an assisted living facility, he was here, with him or it or whatever, and it was showdown time, or something, the voices were always vague. "Vixel," Logan called in his steady voice. "Reveal yourself, so that we may find what we know of each other."

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4193483 - 05/19/05 01:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Not bad at all!  :handth:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4195188 - 05/19/05 01:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice writing, but why is that you think this place sucks?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Logan, work in progress, [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4197805 - 05/20/05 01:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

And then suddenly it was upon him, Logan felt his feet leave the ground and the wind left him as he was slammed against the side of a parked van along the desolate road. His pancho was torn away, his gun sent skidding and skipping along the blacktop.

A voice like thunder in his head, "You dare speak to me as though I am your equal? You dare address me by name? You imp, you mortal nothing, a drop of spit in eternity's bucket, you kneel before me."

"I kneel before no one," and then his face hit the street and through the burning he felt the coolness of his own blood pouring from his cheek.

He could not see his attacker or feel him, and in his near panic-stricken mind was the uncontrollable urge to scramble to his feet. "Kneel," thundered the voice.

"I will not."

"I will kill you, I will rip you in half and leave your blood for the cats."

"So do it then," Logan had been tested for the greater part of his life, and he knew beyond all that he was being tested now.

"I can not," a shift in tone, betraying defeat. "I, like all conscious beings have masters."

"I have no masters."

"Don't bullshit me. I've seen all and I have seen you submit."

"Only with my words and never with my heart."

Vixley turned away. Yes, Logan told the truth and yes indeed he might be the last man, but Vixley was sent to find out for sure, and that was exactly what he intended to do, turning back, grinning inwardly, he approaches now.

Logan feels the ground open up beneath him, and he is sucked through into blackness. Suddenly he feels as though he had been sleeping for an unearthly length of time and a voice he doesn't recognize is pulling him toward consciousness.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub