Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarkempire
Stranger

Loc: unknown
your experience with golden teacher
    #4190011 - 05/18/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

has anyone tried golden teacher if so what would you rate it :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: Darkempire]
    #4190053 - 05/18/05 06:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am adamant with my opinion on this...

All strains of cubensis are the same. they have the same alkaloids in them as every other variety and strain of cubensis.

what causes different kinds of trips? set, setting, body chemistry, full or empty stomach, weather or not you had a multi-vitamin that day, how the cubes were dried, did you stub your toe earlier in the day?

edit: potency depends on the skill and/or talent of the grower.

the only real difference in strains are usually with colonization times and size of fruiting bodies, also the optimal temps for incubation/fruiting are slightly different depending on what region the mushroom strain can be found.

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

Edited by mathflower (05/18/05 06:25 AM)

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: mathflower]
    #4190074 - 05/18/05 06:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i would have to say its my fav strain , fast to fruit fast to colinise!
the high is very sneaky but its also very lazy ! its a wonderful trip you dont really notice the walls are shifting untill you go "hangon a sec" its a very natural high/trip i love it and there a very potant strain too ! peace liveby-golden teacher

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: liveby]
    #4191047 - 05/18/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Different strains of mushrooms will give you slightly different trips, but your setting and mindset has a much bigger impact on it. I've done Golden Teachers 4 times now (I grow them myself) and each time the trip has been completely different, just because I did them in different places.

They're not very visual for me though, walls will breathe and I remember last time I was staring at my monitor and tentacles were growing in and out of it, but I've never seen things melting off the wall or anything. The most visual trip I had on them was out in nature when everything went fractal on me, and that trip was a LOT of fun. I laughed out loud so many times because it was so overwhelming but so welcoming at the same time.

All in all I have no complaints with them. They're very good to grow too, colonize well and fruit 3 or 4 good flushes. I'm hoping to try some Cyanescens this fall though, if I can find some.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4191175 - 05/18/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mathflower said:

All strains of cubensis are the same. they have the same alkaloids in them as every other variety and strain of cubensis.

what causes different kinds of trips? set, setting, body chemistry, full or empty stomach, weather or not you had a multi-vitamin that day, how the cubes were dried, did you stub your toe earlier in the day?

the only real difference in strains are usually with colonization times and size of fruiting bodies, also the optimal temps for incubation/fruiting are slightly different depending on what region the mushroom strain can be found.

You realize that the different strains of these mushrooms have evolved differently to give them distinct characteristics. This can easily be seen in their colonization times and the characteristics of their fruit bodies. Why is it so far fetched to believe that these different strains may have also evolved to produce different ratios of the psychoactive alkaloids? They do indeed produce the same alkaloids, but in what amounts?

It is no different than looking at humans of differing nationality. People of different ethnic backgrounds are known to have slightly differing body chemistry. This can be seen not only in their physical appearance but in their resistance or tendency to be prone to contracting certain diseases. What are the odds of these mushrooms all growing in different environments, isolated from one another, having the exact same ratios of psychoactive alkaloids. You are the mathematician. Tell me the probability of there being not a single gene mutation in any strain of P. Cubensis ever.

My experience with GT is that it is a very mellow and laid back trip. Very euphoric body buzz and as already stated, not very intense visuals. I grew GT and EQ at the same time and the EQ's turned out to be quite different. They produce many visuals and it is a very intense trip. This isn't just my personal opinion, but my friend's as well. Not all strains of P. Cubensis are necessarily different, but I think it is quite foolish to state that a difference among the strains is impossible.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineDarkempire
Stranger

Loc: unknown
Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4192445 - 05/18/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for your reply's guys

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

#4192487 - 05/18/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
Quote:

mathflower said:

You realize that the different strains of these mushrooms have evolved differently to give them distinct characteristics. This can easily be seen in their colonization times and the characteristics of their fruit bodies. Why is it so far fetched to believe that these different strains may have also evolved to produce different ratios of the psychoactive alkaloids? They do indeed produce the same alkaloids, but in what amounts?

It is no different than looking at humans of differing nationality. People of different ethnic backgrounds are known to have slightly differing body chemistry. This can be seen not only in their physical appearance but in their resistance or tendency to be prone to contracting certain diseases. What are the odds of these mushrooms all growing in different environments, isolated from one another, having the exact same ratios of psychoactive alkaloids. You are the mathematician. Tell me the probability of there being not a single gene mutation in any strain of P. Cubensis ever.

My experience with GT is that it is a very mellow and laid back trip. Very euphoric body buzz and as already stated, not very intense visuals. I grew GT and EQ at the same time and the EQ's turned out to be quite different. They produce many visuals and it is a very intense trip. This isn't just my personal opinion, but my friend's as well. Not all strains of P. Cubensis are necessarily different, but I think it is quite foolish to state that a difference among the strains is impossible.

Ive tripped on the same batch of mushrooms that i grew myself several times in a row. sometimes it was different and sometimes it wasn't.

i experiment with different strains, myself. for instance, i had a large batch of equadors and i could have sworn i was taking golden teachers for a few of the trips it was uncanny! yet some of the trips were distinctly "equador". just like when i had a batch of B+ sometimes i swear i was on GTS and once it felt like EQs!

its all in your head. i stand by my opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4192560 - 05/18/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think I agree with you, but to the original poster:

Golden Teachers are awesome.  They are my favorite.  :heart:

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4192588 - 05/18/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Are all types of pot the same? Same plant, same genus, same species, same basic array of psychoactive chemicals.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: SoopaX]
    #4192634 - 05/18/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i have to agree with mathflower on this one....ive never experienced any difference in strains, other than the differences that would be caused by set and setting. there are too many variables in what determines a trips outcome/intensity to really say a certain strain has this kind of a trip, and another has that kind....if it were true that different strains had different amounts of psilocybin etc, id like to see a compiled list of differing strains....i searched erowid, this was all i could find....says nothing about strains, only species. and if it were true, dont you think they would have put together a similar list?

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: SoopaX]
    #4192655 - 05/18/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
Are all types of pot the same? Same plant, same genus, same species, same basic array of psychoactive chemicals.

there are only three active chemicals in psilocybes, baeocystin psilocybin and psilocin (the last being converted into psilocybin via digestion)...

cannabis sativa and cannabis indica have several compounds in them known as cannabinoids, the most well known being THC. there is a much higher chance of having different effects from the two species of cannabis with the several different compounds then the several strains of the same species with only two active alkaloids.

imho of course.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: Darkempire]
    #4192666 - 05/18/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Either different strains have different effects, or they don't.

The jury's still out.

People definately notice differences. But those differences vary too much from person to person.

Mindset is probably what causes most of the differences people feel from strain to strain.

Still, since mindset plays a role in tripping, I think it is fun to believe there ARE differences between strains.

There is no doubt, if you believe there are differences, there ARE differences.

When it comes to tripping, placebos can work.

Different substrains do have varying potency... one batch of eq could be different than a 2nd batch of EQ...

It is simply hard to say what causes differences from trip to trip.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4192672 - 05/18/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i have to agree with mathflower on this one....Ive never experienced any difference in strains, other than the differences that would be caused by set and setting. there are too many variables in what determines a trips outcome/intensity to really say a certain strain has this kind of a trip, and another has that kind....if it were true that different strains had different amounts of psilocybin etc, id like to see a compiled list of differing strains....i searched erowid, this was all i could find....says nothing about strains, only species. and if it were true, dont you think they would have put together a similar list?

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

:sun:  also, just the fact that we are calling them by different names (golden teacher, amazonian, creeper, etc) has a profound impact on set before you even consume the fungis...

now: this could be a GREAT reason why someone would prefer golden teacher over amazonian, because golden teacher SOUNDS more lazy and laid back then the later, so we IMAGINE it is... set has been placed, you see?

--------------------

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4192787 - 05/18/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Mathflower, you haven't answered my question. Is it your opinion that all of these different strains grew isolated from one another and adapted differently to their environment, yet somehow they all retained the exact same ratios of psychoactive alkaloids? I don't see how anyone who believes in evolution could accept that the mushrooms would not show any differing chemical characteristics. Please help me to understand the reasoning behind this line of thought. It seems quite improbable to me, if not impossible.

--------------------

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

#4192836 - 05/18/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
Mathflower, you haven't answered my question. Is it your opinion that all of these different strains grew isolated from one another and adapted differently to their environment, yet somehow they all retained the exact same ratios of psychoactive alkaloids? I don't see how anyone who believes in evolution could accept that the mushrooms would not show any differing chemical characteristics. Please help me to understand the reasoning behind this line of thought. It seems quite improbable to me, if not impossible.

first: i never stated i believed in evolution, that is an assumption on your part.

second: Ive already spoke my claim, and made it quite clear what i personally believe.

third: look at wrestler_az's post, it actually clarifies further what i think to be true.

the chemicals that the species psilocybe cubensis generates inside its mycelium and fruiting bodies remain at the same level generally, growth parameters and substrate being the one thing that might significantly alter those ratios.

i stand by my hypothesis that it is set and setting that ultimately determines "feel" or "style" of a trip and i and others had cited personal references backing are claims that this is the case with US.

it leads me to believe that if its the case with us, your claim that it is NOT the case with you is just a mindset variable, meaning, you are influencing yourself and your trips.

this furthers my claim...

i will, however readily admit that this cannot be proven, by either side.

conjecture is not science.

edit: they are STILL the same genus and species. regardless of where they grow.

--------------------

Edited by mathflower (05/18/05 08:17 PM)

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #4192922 - 05/18/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm definitely with mathflower on this one.

Any change in psilocin/psilocybin content per mushroom would be negligable between strains, IMHO. you're body could not distinguish such a small fractional change (like a milligram in net change of psilocybin, or something)

it's all about mindset at the moment, your physiology at the moment, your dosage and how much it might vary by, and other factors not related to the vendor madness.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4193102 - 05/18/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The mindset of most shroomery members is that all cubes are the same potency. They read this in the cultivation forum and adopt this belief as their own, without question. I have yet to see any scientific proof stating that various strains of cubensis were shown to have the same potency (all growing factors being equal). People simply state "a cube is a cube." Well, sure. A cube is a cube indeed. I ask you to compare strains like the India Orissa which grows huge mushrooms, to something like the Penis Envy strain which grows a very uniquely shaped fruit body. There are very obvious differences among these strains. Why people would be so quick to deny the possibility of differing alkaloid ratios is beyond me.

My theory is that variation among these strains is very much a possibility. It is apparent in looking at these strains that their individual isolated environments have caused them to form distinct characteristics as they evolved. I believe that the ratio of psychoactive alkaloids could have easily changed at some point in their evolution. African-Americans are twice as likely to develop diabetes than Americans of European descent. That statistic is probably wrong though. Homo sapiens are all homo sapiens, right?

I am willing to agree that set and setting along with other factors can contribute to each mushroom experience being different. I can accept that neither myself, nor anyone else is capable of determining the potency of a mushroom by ingesting it. I have stated the reasoning behind my line of thought. I am still awaiting a logical explanation as to why all cubensis would be the same. The only statements people continuously regurgitate are "a cube is a cube" and "the shroomery members say so." Well some cubes are very much similar and I would not expect to see much of a difference between them. Comparing strains from South America, Africa, and India, I would be astounded to find that there is not a difference.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4193140 - 05/18/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If there were concistant differences between cube strains, people would notice the SAME differences, every time they switched strains.

This simply, does not happen... some see visuals, others get body buzz, some see God, some get nervous, others think they are weak.

I do think it is interesting to think every mushroom is different. That creates a good tripping mindset.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: your experience with golden teacher [Re: Rose]
    #4193211 - 05/18/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If there were concistant differences between cube strains, people would notice the SAME differences, every time they switched strains.

This simply, does not happen... some see visuals, others get body buzz, some see God, some get nervous, others think they are weak.

I am not stating that a certain strain will always produce certain effects. I already stated that each individual experience is unique. I am simply trying to approach the strain potency debate from a scientific viewpoint. I feel that there could be inherent genetic differences in these strains that could cause them to produce a differing ratio of any of the psychoactive alkaloids. This in turn could account for reports of certain effects being more prevalent when ingesting certain strains.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4193234 - 05/18/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, this discussion comes up a lot.

It is very possible that there are some differences, but there just isn't any evidence to back up the claims.

The differences are not as big as different strains of pot.

Growing conditions, substrate, time of picking and drying method all impact potency too.

Set, setting and dosage also contribute a great deal more to do with your experience... and there IS evidence of this.

So, like I said earlier, the jury's still out... but other factors contribute a great deal to your trip.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds