Home | Community | Message Board


Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
Registered: 01/30/05
Posts: 137
Last seen: 12 years, 2 days
shroom gods Bulk Tek Question
    #4191896 - 05/18/05 06:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23534
I was just wondering if it is neccesary to use the incubator when you are running spawn and then casing? The instructions on Tenn Sub website says that I should but shroom god seemed to be ok at room temp. What do you guys think? And if I cased the top with Jiffy mix should I sterilise it first? If so,how?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
Registered: 01/30/05
Posts: 137
Last seen: 12 years, 2 days
Re: shroom gods Bulk Tek Question [Re: trippingchef]
    #4192125 - 05/18/05 07:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No one can help?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Registered: 12/26/04
Posts: 619
Loc: ohio river valley
Last seen: 7 years, 1 month
Re: shroom gods Bulk Tek Question [Re: trippingchef]
    #4192144 - 05/18/05 07:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

depending on the size of your tub/amount of substrate and your room temp, results will very you want the substrate to be about 82F, so you'll have to adjust accordingly i incubate my casings (12"x12")

yes sterilize, it seems like people here tell you to moisten it before sterilizing, but i don't. i just fill up however many jars i need w/ casing material and micro for 5 min. works fine for me, GL


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Registered: 09/03/02
Posts: 1,031
Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Last seen: 10 years, 6 months
Re: shroom gods Bulk Tek Question [Re: SoK]
    #4192161 - 05/18/05 07:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It's not necessary. Using an incubator may speed up colonization time... but you're okay as long as you've added a decent amount of spawn.

You can use jiffy mix. Just moisten and microwave.

A GOOD WAY TO MAKE SURE IT'S PROPERLY MOISTENED (90% moisture) IS:

Get all the mix you want to use, and put it in a bowl. Take 10% of the dry mix out. FULLY hydrate the other 90% with h2o (make sure there's no extra water in the bowl) and then add the other 10% of dry mix. Then, place in microwave safe container... nuke 5 minutes on high.. stir.. repeat. Let cool, then case. You're a okay

Sam


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomGod
old hand
Registered: 02/18/99
Posts: 158
Last seen: 3 years, 7 months
Re: shroom gods Bulk Tek Question [Re: trippingchef]
    #4193419 - 05/19/05 01:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Incubation of the substrate is required if the core temperature falls below 82F or so. There are too many factors that determine if YOUR tray will fall too low. Here are some of the factors that come into play:

- The temperature of the floor the tray is on
- The amount of insulation or lack thereof around the tray
- The ambient temperature of the room
- The spawn rate
- The nitrogen content of the substrate being colonized
- The vigor of the mycelium
- The exact number of holes used to vent the tray
- The RH of the outside air

And the list goes on and on. Because it is so complex, the only way you can know if you should incubate is to have a temperature probe (about $10-$15 at Walmart) in the core of the tray. If the probe shows less than 82F you really should incubate the tray.

Having said all of that, I can tell you that deeper trays (3"+) with plastic wrap tightly placed on the top, will generally generate enough heat by themselves in a typical room or closet.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: BULK TEK QUESTION mycofile 695 3 02/09/00 01:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Invitro Bulk Tek Version 1.2 ShroomZilla007 11,504 9 08/05/13 07:17 AM
by Nakor420
* Which bulk tek could produce an oz a month? carmex234 1,802 9 05/31/01 04:21 PM
by Psilowarrior
* Hip's Bulk Tek
( 1 2 all )
Mklangelo 12,131 29 12/20/14 09:00 PM
by taGyo
* Re: Shroom God's Cool Mist Humidity Amount Questions Anonymous 2,339 10 12/07/99 10:47 PM
by Anonymous
* bulk substrate question yogithehoneybear 1,510 7 06/07/01 02:38 AM
by egolesss
* Hips Bulk Tek Ulysees 1,833 8 10/11/01 02:35 AM
by Deraj
* Some bulk teks for people too try bluhoney 4,202 5 09/06/02 04:50 AM
by goatywoaty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Roadkill, Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
869 topic views. 31 members, 117 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2018 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 19 queries.