Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBudSmoker
Stranger
1st Shroom Experience
    #4191863 - 05/18/05 06:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wish i could say i had my first shroom trip this past weekend, but unfortunately i never quite made it that far. I had read where dosing on an empty stomach was preffered by many, so i fasted all day saturday until i ate roughly 1.5 grams of dried cubes at 7:00 PM.

Nothing was felt until around +30 mins. At this time the body high was starting to take in effect, this is also when i felt slight nausia.

+45 minutes: I went from feeling stoned to feeling as light as a feather after i got up to walk outside on my friends porch. The nausia was just getting worse..

+60 minutes: This is when the shrooms really started to kick in, nothing all that visual, but things just didnt seem the same. Unfortunately this is when i became extremely nausiated, i told myself this is normal and it should go away but i just couldn't keep them down. So i puked up my shrooms and that was pretty much the end of everything.

It's safe to say that i have a pretty weak stomach, and now that i reflect back on it im not at all suprised that i puked. I don't think i was quite ready for such an intense body high.

Could anyone lend some help and suggestions for my next experience? Is there any way to reduce the nausia and prevent myself from puking again?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: 1st Shroom Experience [Re: BudSmoker]
    #4191923 - 05/18/05 06:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Grind them into a powder next time, then mix them with something like Cranberry juice. I find the nausea usually comes from the stomach trying to digest the tough mushroom fibers, so giving it a little help by grinding them up should help prevent it. The acid in the cranberry juice will extract the psilocybin from the mushroom, you'll start tripping faster and it might be more intense, but won't last quite as long. If you don't want this use something less acidic like apple juice.

You could also try scraping the spores off the gills, some people say this helps.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: 1st Shroom Experience [Re: Kodath]
    #4192194 - 05/18/05 07:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i've never had nauseau on shrooms before, but if you take some ginger beforehand i bet it would help.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: 1st Shroom Experience [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4192416 - 05/18/05 08:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

In my experience most of the nausea from mushrooms is psychosomatic (its all in your head). 

For some people, myself included, a little nausea on the come up is inevitable.  It can very easily extend into the peak if you start freaking out about it.  This damn near ruined one of my best trips. 

Now I've got enough experiences under my belt to understand that the nausea is just a small, temperary phase of the trip, that usually happens t+30 through t+45. 

I actually embrace the nauseated, confused, disconcerting come up--its my first 'alert' that the psilocybin is beginning to work--and I know now that in 15 minutes, I'm going to be back in mushroom land, care free and reinvigorated, back home in the REAL world. 

When the nausea hits, just KNOW that its absolutely temporary.  It will pass, it always does, unless of course you start thinking "oh shit, this isn't how I want to feel, shit mushrooms are scary, god I hate this, oh no..." etc.  Such thoughts just freak you out and set up your own psychosomatic nausea and body-malaise.

Next time you hit the come-up, with the fatigue, the nausea, the confusion, and the disconcerting thought patterns, just say "OK, this is my body adapting to the psilocybin.  Its a necesary transition phase, and in 10 minutes I'm going to feel fine--no, i'm going to feel GREAT."

Good luck on future trips :smile:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: 1st Shroom Experience [Re: BudSmoker]
    #4192477 - 05/18/05 08:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRetired
Re: 1st Shroom Experience [Re: Rose]
    #4192501 - 05/18/05 08:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i have never had nausea ... ever

OfflineBudSmoker
Stranger
Re: 1st Shroom Experience [Re: Retired]
    #4192591 - 05/18/05 09:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, thank you all very much for the advice. I will defiantly have to try to grind them up next time.

"oh shit, this isn't how I want to feel, shit mushrooms are scary, god I hate this, oh no..." ...That was pretty much my exact thought. I've read somewhere on here that nausia is about 30% real and 70% in your head, next time i'll know how the coming up feels and hopefully i'll be able to calm myself down and realise everything will be great in just moments!

Cervantes, thank you for that link.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience