Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: tahoe]
    #4182903 - 05/16/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

IMO, dehydrator is the way to go.

Pick them, then in ~6 hours they're good to go. basically, while they would sleep, ~8hours, the shrooms would be completely cracker dry. Dehdydrators are ~40 dollars, and can come with exra layers, up to like 15 layers on a single dehydrator, so ALOT of shrooms can be dried.

Once they're CRACKER DRY(as in, like a cracker...can be crushed up... not wet at all... you should be able to tell) use one of the commercial pumps as seen on TV. they seal up jars/bags and remove ALL the air. So if they buy that, with like a bunch of jars, they can dry/seal the shrooms picked in a short period of time.

--------------------
So it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblexamginex
Stranger

Loc: Left side of USA
Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4183560 - 05/16/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hypothetically, 15 trays full of mushies would take longer than 8 hours to dry at the lowest heat setting.

--------------------
-ALL POSTS ARE FICTITIOUS CREATIONS OF MY OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION AND IMAGINARY DIGITAL CAMERA-

OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male
Loc: Minisotah
Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: xamginex]
    #4183900 - 05/16/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Wow thankyou all very much, I did not expect such helpful replies, and so numerous. I will be taking spore prints before I do anything, I have some experience with mushrooms, and will be looking in to a lot of info between now and then. I understand that research is no substitute for for good solid experience, however I must start somewhere, and since I won't have anyone saavy with me, I guess its up to meself. Thank you all again very much for being so helpful.

Citrus

--------------------
Have you been there?

OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male
Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: CitrusHigh]
    #4183910 - 05/16/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

er um i mean they wont have anyone saavy with them ;>

There is no sole purpose to this trip actually. The idea is to spend some time with some good friends I haven't seen much since I was a small boy, enjoy the beaches, the water, Mushrooms of course and get out of the dull minnesota scene for a little while. A lil R n R if you will. Thanks again, will prob go with the hydrator and bring some desiccant along for back up. I have a vacuum packer so I will prob bring that along as well for transport home. Much love to all.

Citrus

Edited by CitrusHigh (05/16/05 07:51 PM)

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
    #4183996 - 05/16/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hey let me SAY.....DRIe -RITE....GET that SHIt .......check it ...... pick your smurf houses....take in in the car ..put them in a paper bag in the back seat. open side facing the windshield. have the 2 front open to whatevas comfortable but enuff to make a wooshing wind factor...drive for 3 hours and make sure you have a shoe box handy......fill..that bitch up with drie-RIte ...take a piece of loose leaf .and lay the shroomies on top of the paper over above the dri-rite ....and in 3 hours BAM!!!>so total of 6 hours.. just enuff time to either get to another state or .a great Nap!...BROOKlyn STYle baby!<LOL...i mean shit ..it worked for me..

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: botanisthype]
    #4183999 - 05/16/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hahahah or just get a car power converter and buy a small dehydrator and zap that shit like a hick on a cracker!

--------------------

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4184061 - 05/16/05 08:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Here's what I'd do:

Get some cheese cloth and wrap the mushies in them, then take them back to your hotel and dry them on the hotel fan.  Just turn the fan on, not the heat.  If it's really hot in your room you could also turn the AC on low, but they might take longer to dry that way.  You might want to get a smoking room and and either smoke or burn some insence as the room will smell like mushrooms while they're drying.  Make sure you don't leave them in there alone in case the maid comes to clean your room.  Leave the "do not distrub" thing on the door until you're safe.  Sometimes the maids will walk right in on you in the morning.  Store them in a glass jar with some damp-rid, or [url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=401952&page=&view=&sb=&o=&part=all&vc=1 ]prepared epsom salt[/url]. GL  :smile:

--------------------
:kodama:"We must see that consciousness is neither an isolated soul nor the mere function of a single nervous system, but of that totality of interrelated stars and galaxies which makes a nervous system possible."

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: kratomboy]
    #4184420 - 05/16/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well if you follow both ..you cant dry about 4 oz..LOL....between your drive time and your hotel time ..that more then enuff time !

--------------------

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: botanisthype]
    #4184460 - 05/16/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks scat-
seems silly, but i never thought about enclosing it.
:zoom:

--------------------

OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male
Re: Drying mushrooms on a road trip, please help... [Re: psilocyben]
    #4191553 - 05/18/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks again ya'll. I will take all your advice under consideration in the coming months and will go from there. Happy huntings.

Citrus

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies