Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
J.K. Rowling...seems pretty cool from this..
    #4191468 - 05/18/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't read Harry Potter yet though I plan on reading at least the first one this summer...anyway, this is from ProductShopNYC.com:

You know it's a strange day on the internet when bloggers can secure an interview with the world most famous author, but the highest rated television morning program, NBC's Today show, can't confirm one! That's right y'all. The bloggers have gotten JK Rowlings, but Katie Couric hasn't! Ha!

With only fifty-eight days until JK Rowling drop's Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince she has only confirmed three interviews for her massively hyped book that has a first printing of fifteen million copies! Of the three interviews confirmed so far, two of the interviews are going to bloggers! The lucky - and dorky - webmasters of The Leaky Cauldron and MuggleNet have been personally invited by the queen of childrens publishing to her estate in Edinburgh for a full in-person interview.

Both sites have invited their readers to write in questions. I almost this becoming something like William Shatner at a Star Trek Convention (wasn't that a great SNL skit), but I think that they'll ask really smart questions or at least I hope they will.

The third interview she has confirmed is a special press conference with the press from around the world, except not your typical press. JK is making newspapers from Britain, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Canada run competitions to select children who aspire to be writers to be sent by the papaers to report on this event. These "cub reporters" willl be privy to the very first reading from the book at Edinburgh Castle and will each be given a signed copy of the new book. While I'm sure that Janet Maslin isn't thrilled about this, that's the way the wizard wand falls.

Anyway, props to JK for allowing her hardcore fanbase access to her. Respect.....

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub