Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

heartbreak
    #4190772 - 05/18/05 01:59 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Got the heartbreak.

Going through a rough time with the woman last few weeks. dont really want to get into the details of this drama, but it sucks and I'm not quite sure what to do. perhaps things are getting toward the end. We are taking a week away from each other.

She's my best friend and I dont want to lose her, but maybe I have no choice.

Much love to you people - make the most of your time with your significant other. Things end.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: heartbreak [Re: Vvellum]
    #4190778 - 05/18/05 02:01 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:

She's my best friend

See that? That's the key.

You're gonna be just fine. :sun:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #4190811 - 05/18/05 02:14 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

The heartbreak sucks.

Don't know what to tell you.. other than keep your friendship with her if nothing else.

Hope everything works out for the best

:heart:

--------------------

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: heartbreak [Re: Shroomism]
    #4190815 - 05/18/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Things end. New things begin. Sometimes greater things. Believe me, I've been there, 4 years with the one.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4194316 - 05/19/05 08:25 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

thanks everyone - I think we broke up last night, but I cant be certain of anything at this point. I really hope things work out...im bummed right now.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4194333 - 05/19/05 08:32 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

damn these kinds of problems are always the worst... hope you pull through it - just remember that in reality, there is no difference between you or her or the ground or this computer - it's all one. :heartpump:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4194338 - 05/19/05 08:35 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Do you still not really wanna go into the specifics?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4194441 - 05/19/05 09:39 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

As much as you hurt right now, what you need to realize is this.

You seem to consider this girl your best friend. Don't put anything before your friendship with her. If you guys are both smart, you'll work to maintain your friendship, and see what happens from there. If you guys are meant to be together, in the long run, you'll be together. I'm sure she's hurting as bad as you are right now, so be there for her, as her best friend.

With time, things will be much clearer to you, when this isn't all so fresh.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: heartbreak [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4200156 - 05/20/05 04:56 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

eh, well - it's just annoying. thats all. the short story is the girl was maintaining a long distance relationship with this other guy while he was away at school for the past few years - but not even that...they were not even together. They just had an understanding that when he was back in town, they'd start to date again - meanwhile they were free to see other people. Well, me and the girl have been dating in the meantime. She has told the guy repeatedly that she was with me and things were over between the two of them.

He was always jealous and would not leave her alone (the guy is a total asshole), but I wasnt so concerned because me and the girl were together. Considering that they have known each other for 8 years, he knows what buttons to press to make her feel bad/guilty for being with me. Of course, she has a difficult time letting him go because they were close for so many years.

Well, the dude is back into town and she's been talking to him even though she said she would not. I voiced my concerns and she told me she was confused...torn between the two of us. She was also considering simply being single - letting both me and the asshole go. Finally, after weeks of this drama, I told her that I couldnt take it anymore - when she was ready to be with me, I'll be here (but not forever, of course). I just could not be jealous, suspicious, and on the back burner anymore.

I did not want to break up with her - that's the hard part. If I wanted nothing to do with her, I'd be out with my friends celebrating. But I really have deep feelings for her - I could marry her as crazy as that sounds. I hope she figures this situation out and we can be together again, but I have been through bad relationships before - sometimes they just dont work out. Hopefully this is not true...

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: heartbreak [Re: Liz]
    #4200168 - 05/20/05 04:58 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

we've talked about attempting to downgrade from boyfriend/girlfriend to friends, but that is always a hard transition to make. I am willingly to be her friend until she gets things cleared up - she deserves it. But it will be so difficult...I might not have the will power to maintain without wanting more.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub