Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Loose Record: So You Know What You're Missing
    #4190388 - 05/18/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Guys,

A few friends of mine have started up a great new website.  Newspapers and magazines and some music websites like Pitchforkmedia.com offer up live reviews of bands sort of as a token article now and then. It's never anything great, and often serves as filler.  Loose Record is here to take that little side-feature and focus on it.

Loose Record has writers all across the country, reviewing live music from Portland, San Francisco, Texas, Florida, New York and more.  We don't aim for tight-assed writing that evaluates music from some music-snob-standpoint, all our reviews and previews are just like the name of the site - Loose.  We also offer album previews, interviews and artist profiles and features (look for a Coachella article from yours truly in the next few days!)

So go over to  Loose Record, check it out, sign up for the Loose Mailer and give me some feedback here to let me know what you think! We're just getting our feet off the ground and could always use new writers to work with so get in touch!

(Mods, don't think this is SPAM please. The site doesn't cost any money and doesn't make any money.)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (07/12/15 04:20 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Loose Record: So You Know What You're Missing [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4190403 - 05/18/05 12:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey if you need a scandinavian/europe coorespondent, i'd be more than happy to write about any shows/musical events/new artists/etc that come my way...

--------------------

Male

Re: Loose Record: So You Know What You're Missing [Re: Krishna]
    #4190415 - 05/18/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think they have a single European writer...you should definitely get in contact with the managing editor, Jay Belin, I think you can e-mail writers@looserecord.com and he'll get it.  If you have a writing sample or anything, add it on to there. Otherwise just tell him you go to a bunch of shows and would love to report.  You can mention that I pointed you to the site. :cool:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (07/12/15 04:20 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Loose Record: So You Know What You're Missing [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4194189 - 05/19/05 06:08 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hmm the email address didn't work... are you sure that's the right one?

--------------------

Male

Re: Loose Record: So You Know What You're Missing [Re: Krishna]
    #4194284 - 05/19/05 08:08 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hrmmm the website says writers@looserecord.com and Jay isn't around for me to ask right now...you could also try info@looserecord.com.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media