Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOzzideps
Stranger
First timer here...
    #4182718 - 05/16/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all. I plan on doing shrooms for the first time with a couple friends this week. I am 18 years old, 5'11, 225lbs. I have never done any drugs of any sort before, and I think it is time for me to do some relaxin. :laugh:

My friend said he will get some shrooms, and I have been reading up on stuff here, it seems like it will be an awesome experience.

I am a bit nervous though, and I have just a couple questions which I didn't see answered in the faq:

Can you OD on shrooms? Has there ever been someone who has died from shroom intake?

When you are hallucinating, is it possible to become violent or really obscene? I have never been high or anything before, and I don't want to make a fool of myself. :smile:

I have been reading some trips of people, so I am expecting to seel crazy shit. I also read that some people have problems with their vision and pupils and such, can taking shrooms damage your vision?

Thanks in advance.
John.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: First timer here... [Re: Ozzideps]
    #4182773 - 05/16/05 03:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms actually enhance my vision while I am on them.  :smile:

It's difficult to die by eating too many shrooms.  Here is some info on that. You'd have to eat your body weight in shrooms, and you'd puke before then.  You CAN however, take more shrooms then you are ready for.  I don't know too many trippers who get violent, but unpleasant trips can happen if you go into it with the wrong mindset. 

If you've never been high before you should start small, maybe only one gram or so to begin with.  You can always up the dose later if you find it to be insufficient.  Focus on set (mindset) and setting. 

Do as much reading and research as you can before you take the plunge. 

Good luck.  :heart:

Edited by EllemyshShade (05/16/05 03:36 PM)

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
Re: First timer here... [Re: MOTH]
    #4182893 - 05/16/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

Shrooms actually enhance my vision while I am on them.  :smile:

It's difficult to die by eating too many shrooms.  Here is some info on that. You'd have to eat your body weight in shrooms, and you'd puke before then.  You CAN however, take more shrooms then you are ready for.  I don't know too many trippers who get violent, but unpleasant trips can happen if you go into it with the wrong mindset. 

If you've never been high before you should start small, maybe only one gram or so to begin with.  You can always up the dose later if you find it to be insufficient.  Focus on set (mindset) and setting. 

Do as much reading and research as you can before you take the plunge. 

Good luck.  :heart:

you appear to be very wise in your speech :sun:

do you know when i spell check your name it tries to change it to "lampshade"?

a bit off topic, i apologize...

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: First timer here... [Re: mathflower]
    #4183353 - 05/16/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you have never done any drugs before I would suggest smoking pot first.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

#4183384 - 05/16/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

About a month ago I tripped with a friend who didn't have much experience with anything besides alcohol. I think he was caught a bit off guard of the intensity at the come up. In my experience the come up can be a little rough sometimes, but it doesn't last that long and shouldn't really be a problem as long as you are prepared for it. It's just the perception changing really fast. I think he just underestimated the mushrooms a little bit.

Do some research and don't dose too high and you should have no problems at all. In fact you might have the time of your life! :dancing: :smile:

OfflineOzzideps
Stranger
Re: First timer here... [Re: Tadpole]
    #4183470 - 05/16/05 06:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys. I don't play on doing weed in the near future... so I am going to start with shrooms... since it is my first time, I will take less than normal... so what would be around right? What part should I eat/how much/etc? I am sure my friend will tell me, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4183485 - 05/16/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, it's okay to start with shrooms!  My husband popped his drug cherry with shrooms. 

Just make sure to read everything you can about tripping, be gentle with your dosage and sensitive with your set/setting and you should be okay. 

Both stems and caps are okay to eat.  And like I said, I wouldn't take more then a gram to start. 

Safe travels.  :mushroom2:

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4184163 - 05/16/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Everything I am going to asnwer for you here is based on my experience with mushrooms, and that of what I have seen.

I have never done any drugs of any sort before, and I think it is time for me to do some relaxin.
Smoke some herbs if you wanna relax.

Can you OD on shrooms? Has there ever been someone who has died from shroom intake?
No, you cannot OD on shrooms.  You cannot physically OD on shrooms to the point where your body shuts down.  It has never happened.  You can, however, OD mentally, to the point where the experience is just too much for you to handle, and you could be wishin you never put the damn fungus down the hatch.  Again, you will not die no matter what.

When you are hallucinating, is it possible to become violent or really obscene? I have never been high or anything before, and I don't want to make a fool of myself. :smile:
Yes, it is possible. 
However, this happens rarely, and only on pretty high doses, and only to certain personalities.  It happened to me once  :blush:.  If you have a good setting and you don't eat a retarded dose, you will not become violent and obscene.  As for worrying about looking a fool, don't worry about this.  Mushrooms can make you act like a child and that's perfectly fine.  If you get caught up on how you are looking to people, then it will only bring negativity into your trip.

I also read that some people have problems with their vision and pupils and such, can taking shrooms damage your vision?

When people have problems with their vision on shrooms, it's most likely due to the hallucinations.  Taking shrooms will not damage your vision.  Don't worry about this.
On shrooms, the pupil dialates alot, like on many psychedelics.  Don't worry about this either, it's nothing.  If you're concerned about your pupils being too noticable, put on some shades.

Now, here's some straight up advice for you.  Shrooms with your close buddies.  I suggest you eat no more than 2 grams for your first trip, and especially since you have no prior experience with drugs.
Have a good setting, dont go to a party on shrooms.  It would be a good idea to shroom in a free house, or a walk in nature where there aren't people around.

Be safe, be smart, and respect the shrooms.

That's all I got for ya buddy.

Happy shrooming  :laugh: :thumbup: :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineOzzideps
Stranger
Re: First timer here... [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4184284 - 05/16/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome, thanks for the replies.

2 more questions, sorry...

I hear alot about bad flashbacks.

For example, if I take a gram of shrooms this Friday night... around Saturday afternoon I feel sober, then on say... Thursday, in the middle of class, can I get a flashback and feel like I am tripping?

Also, how about how much should a gram cost? I know people buy them in different bundles/ways, but I am just curious. I wanna make sure my friend isn't ripping me off. :P

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4184385 - 05/16/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Flash backs arn't bad most of the time. The anti-drug culture says shit like you will see demonic creatures for the rest of your life and all that bullshit. I welcome flashbacks, usually they last just for a few seconds then you will snap outa it. And a gram should cost below 10 dolars.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineOzzideps
Stranger
Re: First timer here... [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4184599 - 05/16/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, I see.

If you do shrooms once, is there a possibility that you will get flashbacks for the rest of your life?

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4184612 - 05/16/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If flashbacks = memories, yes.

Otherwise, no.

You may see minor distortions (nothing unmanagable) for a few days, but these lessen with time.

Heroic doses may leave a more permanent mark... but I have never heard of this with 'shrooms... with HUGE doses of LSD though... you'll see colors for a while.

You'll understand better AFTER your trip. It is nothing to fear.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: First timer here... [Re: Rose]
    #4185452 - 05/17/05 04:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My black belt friend ate 4g of shrooms, and he got kind of crazy on it...

He's already an extremely intense person, but let's just say by the peak of his trip, he was stark naked, and ended up kicking my wall. Thing is, he's a black belt(third degree) so I have a hole in my wall, and his foot turns out perfectly fine. One of the most crazy trips I've ever had... and I'll never be able to forget it, simply because there's a dent in my wall now.

So, you CAN get violent, but I think it's hard.

--------------------
So it goes.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4189021 - 05/17/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

please go to the experiencing mushroom FAQ on this website and read the "physical effects of mushrooms" Understanding what your body will go through should aleviate at least some anxiety and allow you to enjoy the trip rather than thinking of what is going to happen.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4189204 - 05/17/05 10:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ozzideps said:
I have never been high or anything before, and I don't want to make a fool of myself. :smile:

i'd advise you to take them with someone who you won't be worried about making a fool out of yourself in front of. tripping with someone is sharing a very close experience with them. i find that the people i trip with i get into a closer relationship with after the trip. trip with someone who you're not afraid to share anything with. you may say what you truly mean, and while this is a good thing, it could be a bad thing if you're tripping with someone you're not comfortable with and close to.

:mushroom2: have a great trip, i'm sure you will. tell us about how it goes :laugh:

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineDarkempire
Stranger

Loc: unknown
Re: First timer here... [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4190034 - 05/18/05 06:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

tell us how it goes

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: First timer here... [Re: Darkempire]
    #4190080 - 05/18/05 06:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

mate trust me its nothing like you think it will be ! when you eat them you feel better , then you feel lazy and you start to speak a octave higher lol and you dont notice it until you acturly remember you took the drug! its very very natural and i can see y life's better when cruising on mushies-from another thread but still relevant

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlinextahc
Stranger
Re: First timer here... [Re: liveby]
    #4193701 - 05/19/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have to admit I have never done shrooms, but I have done TONS of research on them and plan to do them within the next few weeks. I have smoked weed a million times and even done Ecstasy before though so I know the whole process of being high.

Expect the unexpected first and foremost. Being high is nothing like anything you have ever experienced before, certainly not like alcohol so realize you might not understand the feeling at first.

Another thing that concerned me was you were worried about your friend ripping you off. Be sure to do it with friends that you are extremely close with; you want to know that someone is looking out for your well being and there are people there that are extremely concerned about you having a good time. I only question because it seems like most people with great friends wouldnt be concerned about them ripping each other off. But you could have been kidding.

Also, it seems like some of your questions are sort of generic. You should certainly consider reading and researching what you are about to get yourself into. As generic as this may sound, the more you know about the drug the more comfortable you will be. Just like being surrounded by close friends, you want to be as comfortable as possible.

Good Luck

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order