Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunearth
Stranger
bad accidents on lsd
    #4188534 - 05/17/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a teacher in my school told me a time when she was younger she was at a party and there was a bunch of people taking acid.she said this one guy went to get a drink and he saw snakes coming out of his arms.he freaked out and took a knife and started hacking away at his arms and he thought the pain was from snake bites.im definetly not worried about this happeneing neither is this thread about me being concerned about tripping on acid.but i was just wondering,have any of you heard,seen,or expiernced anything like this.or thinking your something your not and resulted in a bad accident,i was just curious since i heard this story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: unearth]
    #4188578 - 05/17/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Not very likely sounds like something pcp would do. But its always a good idea to have a sitter around if your not sure.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
    #4188620 - 05/17/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've never had hallucinations on LSD that were THAT vivid... and I've taken a lot of L in my lifetime, and "trip sat" a lot of people on L as well...  never anything like that.

the closest thing i can relate to a hallucination that vivid is looking at a picture and thinking i was some kind of werewolf.  and its not like you don't know your tripping :sun:  any kind of hallucination you have that is real i refer to as a "vision" and those usually occur when your lying down during a  peak... those can seem so real as to be life altering, but they have never occurred in my experience the way your teacher described it.

PCP would be the culprit of such wild hallucinations, or jimson weed (datura).

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4189243 - 05/17/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That definitely sounds like a disassociative effect.. PCP, datura, even DXM I could see it happening on.

Acid? No.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: Adden]
    #4189310 - 05/17/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i havent had the opportunity to take acid yet, but from what i understand it's very much like mushrooms in the fact that you know what's a hallucination, you know what's not real, so stabbing your arms thinking they are snakes does not sound like somthing someone would do on acid.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: Adden]
    #4189312 - 05/17/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I heard of a couple that did acid... and as it was kicking in, the man was positive that during his trip he would be tempted to hack his wife to death with a knife. SO the two of them frantically found all the knives in the house and burried them before they were too far gone to deal with it.

A funny story.... sort of... I am sure it was very fucking scary at the time though.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4189537 - 05/18/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't tripped quite hard enough on acid to think something is there, and not question it whatsoever, or be missing any slight clue of it being a hallucination. However, compared to mushrooms, the hallucinations *looked* much more like they were a part of real life. for instance the sky looking like a painting, etc. on mushrooms i tend to have a more disoriented feel. but on acid, i could look away, look back, and it'd still be the same painting. :smile: wonderful stuff...

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4189736 - 05/18/05 02:19 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What about that book about the girl who gets cookies or brownies with LSD in them, and she trys to kill a baby, locks herself in the closet, rips out her hair and bangs her head until she gets a concussion. I forget really how the story goes exactly.. but its a published book. could that happen? i though ti was a true story

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: Limelight]
    #4189767 - 05/18/05 02:36 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
What about that book about the girl who gets cookies or brownies with LSD in them, and she trys to kill a baby, locks herself in the closet, rips out her hair and bangs her head until she gets a concussion. I forget really how the story goes exactly.. but its a published book. could that happen? i though ti was a true story

that book is called "GO Ask Alice" by Anonymous, and it was a fictional story written by a anti-drug propagandist (it was admitted by him years after the book was published).

that girl never existed but in a dirty old mans head :sun:

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: bad accidents on lsd *DELETED* [Re: unearth]
    #4189804 - 05/18/05 02:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by BanJankri

Reason for deletion: delete

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: BanJankri]
    #4189920 - 05/18/05 03:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wow, that would scare the hell out of me...

i consider that a psychedelic lapse in judgment. sitters aren't always necessary, but in large groups of people i can see how someone would want to just wonder away, to go explore on there own or to get away from the humans...

i bet he'll never do that again!

--------------------

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #4190560 - 05/18/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

A friend of mine's cousin turned into a glass of orange juice from acid, you can't touch him cause he thinks he will spill.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #4190566 - 05/18/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Everyone has a friend of a friend, or something that has done this. One of the most widespread LSD urban legends, never happened.

I don't know how stuff like that gets started.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: gdman]
    #4190576 - 05/18/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
I don't know how stuff like that gets started.

I do... People not wanting us to explore the mind and the wonders that is held within it.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4190582 - 05/18/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I never had a bad accident myself on LSD...but I did see a dead body being pulled out from under a car that just hit it. :nonono:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4190649 - 05/18/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I saw the clear light of reality on acid.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4190833 - 05/18/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CeeThruMeer said:
I heard of a couple that did acid... and as it was kicking in, the man was positive that during his trip he would be tempted to hack his wife to death with a knife. SO the two of them frantically found all the knives in the house and burried them before they were too far gone to deal with it.

sounds like someone needs to see a marriage counselor

--------------------
:goose:

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

#4191158 - 05/18/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

unearth said:
a teacher in my school told me a time when she was younger she was at a party and there was a bunch of people taking acid.she said this one guy went to get a drink and he saw snakes coming out of his arms.he freaked out and took a knife and started hacking away at his arms and he thought the pain was from snake bites.im definetly not worried about this happeneing neither is this thread about me being concerned about tripping on acid.but i was just wondering,have any of you heard,seen,or expiernced anything like this.or thinking your something your not and resulted in a bad accident,i was just curious since i heard this story.

its just another bullshitting teacher. its an age old story just like the guy and the orange juice. its all fuckign stupid shit teachers tell you to make u not do acid.

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: bad accidents on lsd [Re: LilShank]
    #4191761 - 05/18/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anythings possible.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineT85
Stranger

Loc: US
    #4191893 - 05/18/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

On my highest dose of LSD, which really wasn't a real high dose, I was sent pretty completely out of my mind. Had I not been lucky, something bad may have happened. I had done it a few times before that time, and the only person I was with was tripping hard too. At one point I had left my apartment and would have never known had my friend not told me later. At another point I was pacing around my apartment, and actually felt as if I had been stabbed in the back. I told my friend this later and he said he was scared because I simply exclaimed 'STABBED IN THE BACK!' while I was pacing around. An accident didn't end up happening but I think it was certainly a possibility. That night was the bizzare experience of my life..or one of them. I experienced the best all things and the worst, back and forth every split second for what seemed like longer then a lifetime. I could never explain and do it justice.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale