Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedarkfire
ClandestineChemist

They said i couldnt do this...
    #4188762 - 05/17/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I got a really shit cake from a friend on a road trip and brought it home. It was a widemouthed PF half pint. When he shot it up he injected all the spores into the bottom and not the sides. So only half of the cake is colonized so this cake is about 1" tall and the rest has some contams i cut off. It had flushed a woping .1 grams of dry mushrooms, The mushrooms had dryed while still growing on the cake! He opened realsed the steam on the PC and then left them to heat more so the cake was dry.

I cut the shrooms off, dunked it in unsterilised water. Doubled end cased in verm and left for a week and nothing happend. I riped it up into bits. I found this plastic pastry case form the grocey store, its basicly like a 10"x8"x3" tuperware. I layed a thin layer of wet unsterlised verm ont he bottom. Then i araranged the bits of cake in lines along the verm bottom. I boiled some whole bird seed for like 15 minutes. Poured this over the pieces of cake and leveld it out with my fingures. I put it in my closet with temps fluctuating from 65-90 over the days and night for the week i had it in there. I checked on it daily kept it misted with unsterilised water.

Today my birdseed is about 98% spawned cleanly and theres only a few bits of uncolonized birdseed, NO CONTAMS, its gonna be ready to case in a day or two. Ill keep you all posted.

--------------------
"I’ll try to be around and about. But if I’m not, then you know that I’m just behind your eyelids - and I’ll meet you there."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: They said i couldnt do this... [Re: darkfire]
    #4188778 - 05/17/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well met :thumbup: theres lots of things people say cant/shouldnt be doen around here. do what works for you and experiment :grin:

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Offlinedarkfire
ClandestineChemist

Re: They said i couldnt do this... [Re: starseed1066]
    #4189142 - 05/18/05 12:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I quit growing mushrooms a year ago, i just decided to try and save the cake and its sparked my intrest once again.

--------------------
"I’ll try to be around and about. But if I’m not, then you know that I’m just behind your eyelids - and I’ll meet you there."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation