Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
somebody please help me!?
    #4188404 - 05/17/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was looking through the gallery of growing pics and i seen tons of pf cakes growing in the fruiting chambers but there was no spray shield. Also there was white stuff or little red balls on the ground. What the fuck is the white shit or those tiny spheres? And why don't they have spray shields, i'm guessing they have an automatic humidifier thingy but if you don't have one can you bring up the humidity with a spray bottle somehow with out a spray bottle? please answer my question for once, ican't seem to get replys on here. i'm a newbie and my spores are gonna arrive in the mail on sunday. please help

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: somebody please help me!? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4188419 - 05/17/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

white stuff is perlite
red balls are hydroton
both good for humidification
never used hydroton, but the perlite works good for me and is a lot cheaper.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Re: somebody please help me!? [Re: backupwards]
    #4188427 - 05/17/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

as for the spray sheilds, old school tek. if you are careful with your misting you should not need one. mist down the sides and around your tub with a very fine mist and you should be cool.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4188438 - 05/17/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I used to use perlite and it worked. Now I use hydroton. A lot cleaner. Might be hard to come by if there is no hydroponics store in your area though.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Edited by Mighty Bop (05/17/05 09:02 PM)

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: somebody please help me!? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4188640 - 05/17/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i used to just have a small plastic box with a few holes on top and some perlite(white stuff). i hand fanned and misted 3 times a day. it worked fine but now i have a poor mans pod. hydroton(red balls) in a rubermaid with a fish tank pump pumpin air into the water inder the hydroton. with this u dont need to mist of fan because all the fresh air and humidity is taken care of. but im finding i still mist and fan, but only when im around...i dont feel the pressure to be around all the time to do it 3 times a day. im probably gonna add a ultrosonic or a cool mist soon, im thinking.
read some of the terarium teks on here also check out the archives concerning various grow boxes:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/boxes

im suprised u say no one responds to ur posts. ive found the shroomery to be extremely helpful and quick to respond since day 1.
but make sure u read and search posts here cause most questions we all think of have already been answered here. im always reading posts, past and present.
in the begining i found i had to read the same material a few times before it finaly sunk in and i got the hang of the 'lingo'.
take care and good luck with your grow.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: somebody please help me!? [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4188758 - 05/17/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

just buy a ultra sonic humidifier a run on a timer into the camber, use some tyvek or ployfill on the side for some air exchange.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: somebody please help me!? [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4190445 - 05/18/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKY YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES AND HELP!!!
Which do you think i should do, should i go with the wet perlite alone on the floor of the fruiting chamber? Should i stick to the old school method of spraying the spray shield with a spray bottle or should i lose the fucking spray shield that takes up the space where 4 more cakes could go and carefully mist the walls? Or should i use the wet perlite in combonation with one of the others? Feedback from people who have tried these methods would be EXCELLENT, which worked best, any problems, what do you recomend. P.S. I am 100% willing to take the time and effort to spray the shield and siphon out the water at the bottom if needed. I'm not short on cash so i could buy an automatic humidifier thing but what is involved with that (drilling holes in chamber etc.) and will i need to order one online or from a magazine? I'm hoping to get started the Sunday if the spores arrive.

--------------------

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4190470 - 05/18/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Forget the shield tek, that's the old way of doing it. Use the poor man's pod setup. See mine here:

There is a tek in the "growing mushrooms" section on the main site on how to do it. Only use perlite if you can't find geolite/hydroton/LECA.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: somebody please help me!? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4191904 - 05/18/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

damn Might Bop those are nice. What is all that brown shit on the outside of the cakes? I'm guessing it's a casing but i haven't read anything about casing cakes like that but yet i've seen tons of pics on here like that, WHAT THE FUCK. please explain how you cased them and what you used

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4192017 - 05/18/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

after birthing, you dunk them in water for 12 to 24 hours and then roll them in vermiculite. it adds a layer on the outside that helps with moisture for the cakes. as in any casing layer.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4192045 - 05/18/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Haha you like my PMP (poor man's pod) setup? The brown stuff is hydroton aka geolite aka LECA (lightweight expandable clay aggregate). Not casing at all. It's used for humidity control, instead of say, perlite or misting.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale