Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
trouble pinning....
    #4186981 - 05/17/05 04:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When my cakes first turned blue I dunked them for 24hrs. put back in tererrium, and myc started to grow nicely again. Now on a couple cakes it peers like the myc is sticky lookin, instead of the nice fluffiness, more, I cant explain, melted marshmellow lookin. all in all my cakes been in fruit chamber for going on 3 weeks. Have no humidifier thermometer, so I can only guess the humidity. Are my cakes going bad, or am i doing something wrong?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: trouble pinning.... [Re: dalorean]
    #4187005 - 05/17/05 04:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm 3 weeks is a long time. Is this right after birth or a flush?

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Offlinedalorean
Re: trouble pinning.... [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4187061 - 05/17/05 04:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

After birth. these cakes haven't made their first sign of a premodia(right?) yet. I'm gettn worried.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4187084 - 05/17/05 04:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah that is a long time without any signs. I have heard though it takes up to 28 days sometimes. If I were you I would start another batch of jars and get them incubating and hopefully your current ones will start fruiting.

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
    #4187097 - 05/17/05 04:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

pinning requirments light and temp drop. growing requirments high humidity and temp of 74-76F. stickiness sounds no good to me as the old sayings go (sticky icky icky) (when in doubt throw them out). trash and restart with proper conditions would be my suggestion. it would probably be safe to say your humidity isnt high enough cause your cakes turned blue before pinning probably from drying out.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinedalorean
Re: trouble pinning.... [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4187206 - 05/17/05 04:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Only problem there is that these 4 cakes are the last I have. Used my last syringe one these, and I MUST get a print or my strain is lost. This is Golden Teacher too, man. Can't let it go. I did the light, did the temp drop. My concern is humidity. I know the stickiness was caused from too much humidity. I don't have a guage so i just guess it. The cakes are still good, should i crumple and case? I don't see any reason why the mycellium would be bad. Should I keep waiting and see what happens or do something else with these cakes?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4187415 - 05/17/05 05:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like u could be having too high of temps for fruiting and/or ure lighting could be a problem too, put them on a 12/12 lighting cycle

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinedalorean
Re: trouble pinning.... [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4189599 - 05/18/05 03:08 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I keep my temps within the 70's(live in desert, hard to maintain steady coolness), my light is a plant/aquarium floro. I freshen air twice a day, and mist both times. sometimes put icebottle inside to keep w/in 70's and also hieghten humidity. Kakes been dunked, so they aint dried out. WTF???

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation