Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekeith813
living in the70s
ouch, i may have screwed up :X
    #4185722 - 05/17/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well this is my first time trying to cultivate mushrooms and im using the PF-tek with the half pint jars.. I did everything right; I sterilized the jars and injected the spores into the jars. For Inoculation i put all the jars in a shoebox (6 jars) along with a thermometer gauge to see how hot it was getting. Well i accidentally put the shoebox on top of my PC monitor not thinking it will get very hot, or that it will keep my babies warm.. I left it up there overnight til the next morning, a good 10 hours. I woke up and checked the thermometer and it was at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, so i took the box off the monitor and placed it somewhere else, where now it is 80 degrees Fahrenheit solid. My question is, Do yal think the heat killed the mycelium or could have a chance still of living  :confused: . today is the 2nd day of mycelium and i know it takes 5 days until i see anything at all, so i guess i can always wait it out, but thanks for the help anyways. Also i was thinking since the monitor was shut off for most of the night that maybe the temperature wasn't as hot, i guess i can test that in a bit but thx for the help.  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ouch, i may have screwed up :X [Re: keith813]
    #4185730 - 05/17/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It certainly didn't help anything, but 100F won't kill spores or mycelium. You should be good.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: ouch, i may have screwed up :X [Re: keith813]
    #4185732 - 05/17/05 09:01 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's just a waiting game for now. incubation temps aside there are many other factors like cooling before inoculation, proper substrate to moisture ratio, sterilization, etc. Use something else to incubate, go to wal mart and buy an inexpensive rubbermaid roughneck container which can be sterilized, unlike cardboard.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinekeith813
living in the70s
Re: ouch, i may have screwed up :X [Re: soochi]
    #4185758 - 05/17/05 09:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:laugh: alright thx guys

--------------------
whats the difference between sweat and spit?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags