Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Decided to go vegetarian
    #4184994 - 05/17/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So, I had my third or fourth non-drug related spiritual experience today.  I stopped smoking pot a few days ago (I decided not to smoke until the new shpongle album so that I could get super ripped when the new album came out before I give it a spin!).  This morning I was hungry, so I went to my bag of chicken fajita jerky and grabbed a piece.  It hit me very clearly that eating meat is wrong.  Since we are all one, and not seperate from our environment, the harm from eating and farming meat is clearly harm we are inflicting on ourselves.  It felt sort of indescribable, but kind of like I became a little bit detached and aware that eating meat feeds the illusion that we are seperate from our environment, since in order to enjoy meat, you have to pretend like it didn't come from cruelly slaughtered animals raised in horrid conditions.  I feel like I can no longer grow spiritually while constantly ignoring the fact that meat causes so much suffering to so many living things. 

So, I don't want to eat any more meat.  I've flirted with vegetarianism before, once when in jr high which lasted a year and a half, but when I didn't care about still eating right, and once a couple months ago, where my rule was not to support the meat industry, but eat it if it was free or going to go to waste.  Now, I am more serious about it.  I got a good vegetarian cookbook.  I read up on how to make sure to get all your vitamins.  But, still, I realize it will be harder then I think at first, and I want to make sure I do everything I can to not go back to eating dead pieces of beautiful living things where I would see suffering in their eyes were I the one that killed them.

But now some vegetarian shroomerites need to give a new veggie some advice they wish they were told when they first stopped eatng meat.  :laugh:

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Decided to go vegetarian [Re: tomk]
    #4185001 - 05/17/05 01:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Start composting and create a garden, it will do you good.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4185008 - 05/17/05 01:01 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think it is wrong in a way too, but if someone else killed it already I will eat it, just not to extreme, people used to hunt to get what they needed for thier daily intake so they did not starve.. hunting for meat for survival is just part of culture..I say if someone else already killed it anyway, enjoy it..I am too active and protein powders are too damn expensive,,

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Decided to go vegetarian [Re: Skunk420]
    #4185014 - 05/17/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't consider eating meat wrong per se, but I do sometimes feel guilty about supporting factory farming practices. When I stop relying on my school for food, I'm gonna start buying free-range meat, and maybe take up hunting.

--------------------

InvisibleKahSol
Deffinatelystill aStranger.
Loc: Still Searching
    #4185016 - 05/17/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What about the plants feelings?
I'm the one that has to hear all of their screaming when you vegetarians chop them down and yank them out of the ground.

Free the plant world!  :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------
I was strolling through the park one day...
On a very merry month of May..
When I was taken by surprise!
By a pair of Cube-ee Psi's!
In the merry merry month of May!

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Decided to go vegetarian [Re: Silversoul]
    #4185028 - 05/17/05 01:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh shut up, yea whatever...go buy some more burgers! that is already dead anyway..eat it, someone else already killed it..get my point?
Kahsol> :lol: that is funny..that is true but, think about it everything has a part in everday life anyway..it is hard enough just to pay bills.. :rolleyes: :sun:

Edited by skunk78395 (05/17/05 01:11 AM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4185031 - 05/17/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Nice post... I recently became a pseudo-vegetarian myself, although I am slowly weening myself off of 20 years of meat consumption. I still eat fish every now and then, and shrimp! The funny thing is, ever since I've cut meat out of my diet, I've started to get a little bit of weight. :wtf:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: Decided to go vegetarian [Re: Adamist]
    #4185044 - 05/17/05 01:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

More carbs man

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#4185047 - 05/17/05 01:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
I think it is wrong in a way too, but if someone else killed it already I will eat it, just not to extreme, people used to hunt to get what they needed for thier daily intake so they did not starve.. hunting for meat for survival is just part of culture..I say if someone else already killed it anyway, enjoy it..I am too active and protein powders are too damn expensive,,

People also used to kill anyone who wandered onto their land or looked at their woman wrong. Sometimes, we should overcome our caveman thinking to be better people. I used to think if someone else killed it, enjoy, also. I'm still not quite sure why I don't think that. I was staring at this jerky piece, and it was like "I can't eat this. I know it will go to waste, but it's better off going to waste then going inside of me, because I want it so bad, and need to quit." So I didn't eat it.

It's quite clear that humans no longer need to eat meat to survive. So why do it? It only feels good if you limit your awareness to what your ego is feeling. If you expand your mind to the animals that were killed and the economics of meat, it doesn't feel so good anymore. So, I think eating meat regularly requires you to limit your awareness to enjoy it, and this impedes growing spiritually.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4185053 - 05/17/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I consider hunting to be a more spiritual experience, because you have the experience of the animal's soul leaving its body, and can make a connection with it, the way the Native Americans did.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4185082 - 05/17/05 01:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Meat is an addiction, not a necessity, like I was always led to believe... same with milk.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Decided to go vegetarian [Re: Adamist]
    #4185097 - 05/17/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Technically, sleep is not a necessity either. But hey, I gotta go feed my sleep addiction. Good night, Shroomery!

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#4185110 - 05/17/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You really think hunting as it happens in America has anything to do with the native american experience?

No way. The native americans had to hunt because they couldn't live off of a vegetarian diet at the time. They felt horrible about killing animals and showed them much respect and appreciation for their sacrifice, which they only took when necessary for survival.

Maybe hunting populations that need thinning is OK. But you are insulting native americans if you think their survival hunting has anything to do with the white guys who make up for their small dicks by shooting helpless critters with their big guns and putting their heads on the walls.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#4185122 - 05/17/05 01:34 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sleep is a harmless addiction.

Eating meat is a harmful addiction. You become more aware of this once you realize you are your environment.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4185131 - 05/17/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

it was part of culture to hunt, people abused it, but if you were starving, you would do it..just limit it, I mean if it is already killed just eat it already because it gave its right to live...OMG..fuck this talk, I work at Mcdonalds..we slaughter cows and chikens and fish..we are murderers. well without them I would not have a job and would be in jail, and starving myslef,,etc etc etc..what I was getting at...

Edited by skunk78395 (05/17/05 01:38 AM)

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#4185143 - 05/17/05 01:41 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It didn't give it's life. It was taken.

If someone takes my life, and makes jerky out of me, I'd rather have that jerky go uneaten. Even if it cost someone their job and some people have to go without their addictiont o meat for a while.

You should quit your McJob, your life would be so much more free.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4185180 - 05/17/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea right, try having community service, fines. bills,,drug diverson classes..ua's once a week..more costs..bills..attourney fees,, plus the time that I work is best because of my community service and drug diverson classes..I will look for something in about 5 months when it is over...:lol:..

Edited by skunk78395 (05/17/05 01:56 AM)

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#4185200 - 05/17/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Man, all that stuff must suck. They would never graduate me from a drug diversion class. I'd be like, "Excuse me, but you are a hypocrite." and they'd be like "Shut up and read the L. Ron Hubbard crap." and I'd be like "He was obviously on a bunch of drugs when he wrote this." and they'd be like "We're calling your probation officer." and I'd be like "Why don't you stupid fucks go die somewhere. Even if some of these people need help, your not giving it to them, your indoctrinating them. You are hypocrits."

Then they'd put me in jail. Hopefully with a big black guy with a high sex drive and some hook ups with the COs and the drug trade in the prison. :P

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4185231 - 05/17/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hhahah

tomk you are awesome

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4185236 - 05/17/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well, I am coping..I am a hipocrite, I admit it..but I have been a user of drugs and alcohol for years.. the court system makes $$$ on your bad habits..that is why cannabis is illegal still..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom