Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
The Shroomery As A Business..
    #4184572 - 05/17/05 12:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The Shroomery has been registered as a business and as such they have filed incorporation status...

This is cool and expected in my book.

BUT....

As a business they are only trying to make money and setting up "supporter" accounts was one way of doing so...

This seemed to have failed so far....

Sooooo what is the next thing the Shroomery will do to "make money"?

As a member, would they pay me to promote Supporter accounts and talk good about the benefits of buying Shroomery Sponsor products?

I do have "signature space" and I could use to do so.. But could I get a dollar for it????

I post this because Im ashamed that many people around here arent sponsors any more...

Discuss people the idea of the Shroomery as a business and its potential for us average supporters to become "partners"....

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #4184583 - 05/17/05 01:01 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

One thing that should definitely be put into gear again is Shroomery clothing. I think more members would be willing to spend money on a nice sweatshirt or hat than on a supporter account.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4184603 - 05/17/05 01:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Supporter accounts have always been a drop in the bucket.

The Shroomery earns its $$$ from sponsors.

As of this date, nobody gets payed... the $$$ just gets saved for emergencies, and pays for bandwidth.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: Rose]
    #4184610 - 05/17/05 01:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe The Shroomery could take some of those emergency funds and start buying out sponsors and start The Sporery lol. J/K, sponsors = good wholesome variety and competition.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: daimyo]
    #4184616 - 05/17/05 01:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Don't forget bandwidth and hardware...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: Rose]
    #4186470 - 05/17/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i still say that the shroomery shuld license me to sell shroomery merchandise and ill pay a fatty royalty. i have the means and motive to get this going within a months time.....

and im quite serious about this. i have also made a thread about this a few weeks back..... on ways for the shroomery to Bank.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4187096 - 05/17/05 04:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

As a business they are only trying to make money and setting up "supporter" accounts was one way of doing so...

This seemed to have failed so far....

Sooooo what is the next thing the Shroomery will do to "make money"?

Heh. Well the aim of supporter accounts was not to make money, sure we wanted to collect a small fee for all the extra benefits, but it was not some money scheme for the site. In the future more things will be added to it, but it was a way for regular users to get benefits like a @shroomery.org email address, secure site browsing, and discounts in our upcoming shroomery store.

Quote:

As a member, would they pay me to promote Supporter accounts and talk good about the benefits of buying Shroomery Sponsor products?

I do have "signature space" and I could use to do so.. But could I get a dollar for it????

No. We've always wanted to keep commerce out of people signatures, in fact I put a stop to vendors asking individual users to link to them, back in the day. The website does not want to become a formula 1 racecar where every inch of the website is an AD.

Quote:

Discuss people the idea of the Shroomery as a business and its potential for us average supporters to become "partners"....

Hmm not sure what you mean, maybe you are talking investors and stock ownership? As for that I don't know the future of the website, its privately owned for now and its definately possible that later down the road if it grows alot that we would go public on the NYSE :wink:

Unlikely, but who knows what the future will bring.

More likely we will start promoting the shroomery in events across the world, and members can then get actively involved as shroomery representatives.. Those people will probably be paid for their time and given free shroomery merchandise as well.

All of those things are still in the near future, but we do want to see a Shroomery presence in big events like Telluride, raves, etc..

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: Thor]
    #4188638 - 05/17/05 09:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, Shroomery accounts not to make money? Yah, well I would love to have a hand in the Shroomery Store part of this denial...

Quote:

in fact I put a stop to vendors asking individual users to link to them, back in the day.

I remember this and Ive always supported you in this..

But advancements such as rateings have come and I think that people should be able to voice their opinion in their "own signature space". It IS a members space and should be treated as such...

Being a partner would mean the next step in the Shroomery...

Partners would be people who own websites who put the Shroomery banner on their own site as well as agree to put "The Shroomery" into their signatures on other boards such as "caraudioforums.com".

Sooo Much potential, Sooo little brains..

Ive said it before and Ive said it for years... e Shroomery...

Then agin you are all better at not getting arrested than me...

If I were smart enough I could make money for Th

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4189693 - 05/18/05 03:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ok, Shroomery accounts not to make money? Yah, well I would love to have a hand in the Shroomery Store part of this denial...

?? What the hell, denial? No way was the shroomery supporter program about making lots of money, we knew it would bring in some, but I think at its peak maybe 10% of the sites revenues. So its not denial, it was never looked at as a 'lets make big money' kind of a thing, just we've been asked for alot of the things that program incorporates and the money we spent on the seperate email server for example is recouped with a small fee for the service.

Quote:

But advancements such as rateings have come and I think that people should be able to voice their opinion in their "own signature space". It IS a members space and should be treated as such...

I just recently stopped a few users from spamming the 'pay to surf the web' signatures, because it can get out of hand an really annoying. Every account is yours to do with if its not for the purpose of spamming a business, or some money making scheme.. People post links to favorite websites, etc.. all the time.. But when the purpose is for financial gain we look at it very differently.

Quote:

Partners would be people who own websites who put the Shroomery banner on their own site as well as agree to put "The Shroomery" into their signatures on other boards such as "caraudioforums.com".

Again something like a banner exchange is cool, but signatures are not nearly as effective anyhow.

Quote:

Sooo Much potential, Sooo little brains..

Wow, thanks for the insult. BTW the Shroomery is now the most financially healthy its ever been by a long shot. You don't see 80% of the things going on behind the scenes with the business so you assume we are wasting potential with the website?

Our main focus has never been and will never be about making tons of money. We are certainly going to be profitable as a business but we want to use the profits to do cool stuff, and that is exactly what our mission statement is.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #4189863 - 05/18/05 05:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:
Our main focus has never been and will never be about making tons of money. We are certainly going to be profitable as a business but we want to use the profits to buy lots of drugs, and that is exactly what our mission statement is.

:thumbup:  Thats my mission too.

Actually, you guys rock.  If you did get rich of this site, god knows you worked hard enough for it.  :laugh:

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: tomk]
    #4189885 - 05/18/05 05:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ouch, im sure that that was one of those edited quotes, how dare you tomk... anyyways the shroomery has their right to make money, and i cant believe that people are complaining about it... money un-fortunatley is what makes the world go round, and what pays for this sites maitinance and server, and hosting and your cruel and in-apropriate posts....

respect

if they want to make millions, and you dont like it, dont pay.... and gaba, if oyu have a problem with the shroomery's money making why are you a supporter?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #4190303 - 05/18/05 11:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:
All of those things are still in the near future, but we do want to see a Shroomery presence in big events like Telluride, raves, etc..

What about Mindstates? :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: The Shroomery As A Business.. [Re: blink]
    #4190311 - 05/18/05 11:25 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wish there was a Shroomery Cafe right down the block from me.  And that smoking pot was legal in NYC. :grin:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback