Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4183264 - 05/16/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, that was exactly the photo that was accompying my article, oh wait was that a attempt at humor?? Sorry didnt catch it. From what i see in that article you posted they are just stating outdated studys that were biased because of social status and the availability of quality medicine, i also covered this in the origional post.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Tao]
    #4183296 - 05/16/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

your sources are no more reliable imo.

look at cultures(Rastafarian's) where women smoke during pregnancy they all turned out fine.i lived in the islands and saw this first hand. this to me would be a unbiased source, more like evidence.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: buckwheat]
    #4183319 - 05/16/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

And where did the cross cultural study i mentioned earlier take place, oh my oh my, the sweet sweet sound of jamaican music. :rastamon:

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4183333 - 05/16/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1375-jana.jpg

^^^^nope, that wasn't humor. although it is funny in a way that it really does accompany the article.

i can google some more resources if you want just like you did, but again, my point isn't that my source is better than yours, but why risk it when the issue is clearly not settled?

mindcandy: as stated in the beginning, anecdotal resources are the worst. and I am sure not 'all pregnancies turned out fine'.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183343 - 05/16/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I need to go to sleep, why don't you keep reading Jack Herer books and convince yourself that smoking weed is perfectly harmless and that if weed were legalized, it would solve all the world's problems.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4183344 - 05/16/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I heard about an actual study done in Jamaica which actually did find no adverse effects, and even showed some positive effects. But I don't care enough to google it.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183354 - 05/16/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

And you seem to continue dodging my original point from the very beginning:

Why take that risk?

Feel free to ignore everything else I've said, just answer that.

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

#4183375 - 05/16/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:

mindcandy: as stated in the beginning, anecdotal resources are the worst. and I am sure not 'all pregnancies turned out fine'.

well ofcourse not all pregnancies turned out fine.but if there where any negative effects im sure we would know and there would be a study done by now. ive never heard of the "Rasta baby syndrome".

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4183902 - 05/16/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

HAHAHA, did i ever even say what i was replying to in your post, no. And i did awnser why take the risks, i stated reasons to do it for medical conditions, not for fun. Hence posting info on current drugs that have VERY harmful sideeffects.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: mamasharones]
    #4184088 - 05/16/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I doubt ganja is as bad for the fetus as radioactive nicotine or poisonous alcohol, but I would recommend staying away from all drugs as a precaution. You shouldn't risk any potential problems because you couldn't wait 9 months, even with the drugs with no evidence of physical harm.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4184119 - 05/16/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I forgot to add in my post. If you do decide to toke make sure to definately stop smoking a month if not two months in advance to birth. The hospitals drug test all new borns. Play it safe.

:sun::heart::sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #4184159 - 05/16/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

For those of you that don't object to marijuana during pregnancy, do you find it wrong to feed weed brownies to a toddler?

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Cherk]
    #4184518 - 05/16/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I quit smoke even cigs the day I found out I was pregnant..... its selfish to keep smoking while you are pregnant ... what s 9 months of your life to make sure that your child comes out healthy ... with no worrys.... even if there is a small chance it could hurt the baby why do it??

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Cherk]
    #4184549 - 05/16/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's wrong to give a psychoactive drug to someone unknowingly.

Therefor it is most certainly wrong to give it to a child while it's BRAIN is being DEVELOPED.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4184925 - 05/17/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

huge contradiction.

They dont have the capacity to feel anything if theyre brain is being developed. I dont think there recepters would be ready untill the last 2 months. anyway i wouldnt be suprised if by the time thc got to them it would be metabolized already.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: buckwheat]
    #4184957 - 05/17/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry, but you are quite clearly talking out of your ass.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4184968 - 05/17/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt say he is talking out of his ass. He said the babys brain is developing and doesn't have the capacity to feel anything. I'm almost positive in early stages the baby will not feel "high". He also said that he wouldnt be surprised if the THC was metabolized by the time it got to the baby. This is basically true also. The "placenta" filters the chemicals. I'm sure a small amount still does get to the baby but not very much unless you smoke a couple bowls a day every day.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

#4184982 - 05/17/05 12:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea well im pretty sure baby's arnt born thc recepters first. i dont know the exact time but from what i remember in school baby's brain devolop at a fast rate during the last months. so for some time they wouldnt feel anything atleast im pretty sure about that.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Gum_clinic]
    #4185035 - 05/17/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gum_clinic said:
I smoked weed right through my wifes pregnancy. I found it really helped me relax.

lolz

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinemamasharones
Chinchilla

Loc: Illinois
    #4186013 - 05/17/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
Quote:

From what I gathered from the original post, the poster was simply asking a question

Don't play dumb, she was looking for validation.

And if you'll read what I wrote, I never actually attacked or insulted her.

Oh that real cute!

Actually I'm 6 weeks prego and I quit everything pot cigs alcohol caffeine even tylenol. I believe a child isn't asked to be brought in this world so you should give them the best odds for being healthy.

I was wondering who has continued and what the consequences were

Shit I known people to trip on LSD and roll on x while prego and their children turned out fine

--------------------
George Bush is a corporation disguised as a human being

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder