Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: roby000]
    #4182933 - 05/16/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
it might not hurt the baby but if johny law sees you tokin while the belly is pokin your going to lose the baby to the state

now thats some funny shit.

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGrizz
Gnubobo is mypoppet!

Loc: Pulling Bobo's strings.
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: mamasharones]
    #4182978 - 05/16/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I gave everything up the moment I found out I was pregnant.

--------------------
Prisoner#1:  Hanky doesn't send PMs to retards

UncleLuke:  That's not true.  Hanky has sent me a total of 3 PMs.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Grizz]
    #4183027 - 05/16/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You rock grizz :sun:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: roby000]
    #4183061 - 05/16/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Some of the Leading mid-wifery books and teachers advocate marijuana use for things like morning sickness and difficult labor. One being "Wise Womans Herbal for the Childbearing Year." Which is in its 29th printing.

Quote from an artice called Cannababies from the latest Cannabis Culture,

"Some of the best research into the effects of cannabis-using moms have on their children has been done by Dr Melanie Dreher, Dean and Professor at the university of Iowas College of Nursing. Earlier methodologically flawed studies showed that among pot-using moms, children had a lower birth weight and were more likely to suffer Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. But these studies compared pot-smoking women who lived at the poverty level with non tokers who enjoyed a higher standard of living.

When Dreher corrected for the poverty level by doing a cross-cultural study in Jamaica,she foudn that children of pot-using women were more well adjusted, better organized, had more"robust motor and autonomic systems," and were "more rewarding for caregivers."

This article also goes on to mention that current "modern" physicians are not real adept at the problems of prolonged labor or extreme nausea. Cites refereneces like the use of Thalidomide, which was used for sever cases of nausea. Which was a huge disaster, babies were born without legs and arms across the entire world in the late 70s due to this drug. Even the drug that is currently being used, Cytotec, which is roughly related to Thalidomide has warnings from the manufacturer that it can cause abortion, premature birth, birth defects, and uterine rupture. Many babies have been born brain dead because of the use of this drug.

My point is that modern medicine puts aside the risks of all sorts of drugs and use them on a daily basis. I think some people are harshly condemning the use of this herb before doing proper research into it. Alot of medication that is on the market on todays shelfs have no true long term studies.

So, i guess when it comes to issues in labor and pregnancy lyou will be faced with the choice of two possible evils. If i were pregnant i would choose a more natural method of remedy as opposed to some modern medication.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4183093 - 05/16/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant too.

My friends wife who got pregnant at the same time as me smoked and their baby was extremely underweight...I think she was like 3 lbs...and was on an oxygen machine for a while. But I cant really say it was because of the marijuana, because they just had a second child and still she smoked throughout the whole pregnancy with this one and she came out at 9lbs and 2 weeks late. So I dunno.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183095 - 05/16/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Praytell, how is it 'natural' to light a plant on fire and breathe in its combustive smoke in order to trigger the plant's defense mechanism upon yourself? 'natural' is a practically meaningless term. hemlock is natural too.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Tao]
    #4183110 - 05/16/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do praytell how extracting different chemicals from plants and giving them to pregnant women knowing full well that they can cause uterine rupture is any better. You make a very weak and invalid argument

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183118 - 05/16/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I think some people are harshly condemning the use of this herb before doing proper research into it.

Well what more reasearch do you need than a quote out of Cannabis Culture from a professor at the Iowa school of nursing? :rolleyes:  Excuse me if I take offense at some of the ridiculous assertions of that article regarding <insert scare quotes> modern physicians (the horror) due to having a father obstetrician.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183127 - 05/16/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Do praytell how extracting different chemicals from plants and giving them to pregnant women knowing full well that they can cause uterine rupture is any better. You make a very weak and invalid argument

I never said it was, whereas you did infer that marijuana was a "natural remedy" for pregnant women.

I will say however that one mistake involving an unseen side effect of a drug in the history of obstetrics does not invalidate the entire field's research and knowledge, and put forth herbalists as the world's pharmacological experts.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4183128 - 05/16/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

And actually THC has not been a proven defense mechanism, and alot of the chemicals in marijuana are not THC. The chemicals that help in birth are oxytoxic chemicals. Do more research like i said.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183132 - 05/16/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And actually THC has not been a proven defense mechanism, and alot of the chemicals in marijuana are not THC. The chemicals that help in birth are oxytoxic chemicals.

What does that have anything to do with it being a natural remedy for pregnant women?

--------------------

InvisibleKahSol
Deffinatelystill aStranger.
Loc: Still Searching
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd *DELETED* [Re: mamasharones]
    #4183149 - 05/16/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by KahSol

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
I was strolling through the park one day...
On a very merry month of May..
When I was taken by surprise!
By a pair of Cube-ee Psi's!
In the merry merry month of May!

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4183151 - 05/16/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dr. Melanie Dreher, expert in the field of nursing, and womens medicine, also a professor. Susan Weed, also an expert in the field of mid-wifery and herbal medicince. Wrote the book "Wise Womans Herbal for the Childbearing Year" one of the leading references for childbearing.

Also i did not infer that all of modern medicine is false. But merely insinuated that you cant trust them 100%. Medicine has been wrong in many occasions and will still prove to be wrong on many more, this is why they call it a practice. Im not saying that herbal medicine is the cure all for everything. You are making way too many assumptions about my beliefs.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: KahSol]
    #4183154 - 05/16/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I dont think it got crazy, and I think the question got answered. When someone asks a question like that on a public forum its going to provoke responses, either negative or positive.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4183161 - 05/16/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"combustive smoke in order to trigger the plant's defense mechanism"

This is what you said correct, that why i mentioned that in one of the above posts.
You say scare tactics like the opposite side of herbal medicine doesn't use them....lol

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4183177 - 05/16/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

And i still have yet to see you post any references on your side of the topic, so before you attack mine maybe you should post some of the opinions you've looked into.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183194 - 05/16/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do you honestly think my point was "THC is cannabis' defense mechanism" or is it more likely my point that 'natural' is a loaded, virtually-meaningless term and that burning a plant and breathing in its smoke hardly falls under most interpretations of the term.

If you'd like to put forth unbiased research from Harvard or New England Medical Journal or BMJ or some other peer-reviewed source in the medical field, please do and I will give credit where it is due. For Cannabis Culture and some herbal book you baselessly claim to be "one of the leading references for childbearing", I will not.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183235 - 05/16/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
And i still have yet to see you post any references on your side of the topic, so before you attack mine maybe you should post some of the opinions you've looked into.

1st page, isn't googling fun:

Pregnant women, however, should avoid marijuana: There is some evidence thatbabies born to pot smokers may have a reduced birth weight or worse. According to November's Lancet article by Wayne Hall and Nadia Solowij, "Infants exposed in utero to cannabis [may] show behavioral and developmental effects during the first few months after birth. Between the ages of four and nine years, exposed children have showed deficits in sustained attention, memory and higher cognitive functioning."
http://fornits.com/anonanon/articles/200003/20000327-141.htm

The rest of the article talks about how other people smoking cannabis is not as bad as once thought, so actually I'd say its likely less biased than your Cannabis Culture self-promoting sources.

If you'll reread what people said, they were not arguing that pot is unquestionably bad for pregnant women. The entire point is: WHY TAKE THAT RISK? <---Please, answer that one.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4183247 - 05/16/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Somehow you forgot to include the photo accompanying your article:

What a respectable source!

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: For all the MOTHERS in the crowd [Re: Tao]
    #4183249 - 05/16/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Great, so who the fuck are Wayne Hall and Nadia Solowij??/ You give no credentials. And the Bayer company thought that 3,6-diacetylmorphine, Heroin, which was the brand name when first released, was non-addictive, again. Modern medicine has been proved wrong numerous times. And internet resources are always oh so reliable.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds