Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenewjon
Stranger
More thoughts on lucid dreaming...
    #4182738 - 05/16/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

inspired by that recent thread about lucid dreaming, i have begun trying to teach myself to have lucid dreams (dream lucidly?). I have had a couple in the past, but more often than not the most I get is a feeling that i know i'm dreaming, but no actual feeling of control over it.
Well, i've started out quite well, i seem to have had a small level of dream recall already, i just hadn't really tried using it up until now. So i'm keeping a (not very detailed) dream journal.
Aaaanyway. Thinking about lucid dreaming. The possiblities. The implications. Time, and time travel.
Firstly: the ultimate lucid dream. This would be when, effectively you are GOD. Not a particular diety, i mean an ultimate creative force - you dream your ideal universe, you have your chosen place there, you are immortal. Surely, you ensure time for you there does not end? could this be what happens when you die? Because you really do seem to experience time entirely differently when dreaming, surely it'd be possible for a dream that appears to your fully awake-whilst-asleep conscious to last forever, to last mere seconds in our time?
Secondly: we really don't know anything for sure about this universe. Could it be some kind of mass lucid dream, with many streams of conscious experiencing it together, until they are ready to go and make their own universe?
Finally, i think the message of Donnie Darko is, ultimately, to do with dreaming/lucid dreaming. Much of it is subtle, and disguised around the more immediate, easy-to-see stuff that seems to have attracted all those teenagers who feel like Donnie is a character easy-to-identify with. But maybe Richard kelly was actually trying to awaken more younger people to the power their minds could have, if only they let it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Loc: nazi poland
Re: More thoughts on lucid dreaming... [Re: newjon]
    #4182767 - 05/16/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

wow... yeah i could agree with that interpretation of donnie. im definitly going to take your theroy into consideration next time i lucid dream... i usually only waste em on trying to get laid... i think that your collective conciousness might be more productive though. heh.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4183261 - 05/16/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

newjon said:
inspired by that recent thread about lucid dreaming, i have begun trying to teach myself to have lucid dreams (dream lucidly?).  I have had a couple in the past, but more often than not the most I get is a feeling that i know i'm dreaming, but no actual feeling of control over it.
Well, i've started out quite well, i seem to have had a small level of dream recall already, i just hadn't really tried using it up until now.  So i'm keeping a (not very detailed) dream journal.
Aaaanyway.  Thinking about lucid dreaming.  The possiblities.  The implications.  Time, and time travel.
Firstly: the ultimate lucid dream.  This would be when, effectively you are GOD.  Not a particular diety, i mean an ultimate creative force - you dream your ideal universe, you have your chosen place there, you are immortal.  Surely, you ensure time for you there does not end? could this be what happens when you die?  Because you really do seem to experience time entirely differently when dreaming, surely it'd be possible for a dream that appears to your fully awake-whilst-asleep conscious to last forever, to last mere seconds in our time?
Secondly: we really don't know anything for sure about this universe.  Could it be some kind of mass lucid dream, with many streams of conscious experiencing it together, until they are ready to go and make their own universe?
Finally, i think the message of Donnie Darko is, ultimately, to do with dreaming/lucid dreaming.  Much of it is subtle, and disguised around the more immediate, easy-to-see stuff that seems to have attracted all those teenagers who feel like Donnie is a character easy-to-identify with.  But maybe Richard kelly was actually trying to awaken more younger people to the power their minds could have, if only they let it.

it sparkls in my belly buttons, oh wait? ehum.. never mind!
this is one of the most profound post i hav e come to read the last ... well i be darned.. I can't recall reading such a profound post in ages!

newjon, ... I love you and I love these thoughts, Thank you!!!

I juts wanna  type page up and page down about this subject.. got nowhere to start, but this time around, it might just stick to something! im babbling.. 

what would happen if all of us experience lucid dreaming all at once?
Im saing something, but i know may get lost in the formulation of a question... oh how i feel that i can tuch it.. and i tell you it feels good to me right now.. ever and ever thank you for these words! keep shinig!

:sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: More thoughts on lucid dreaming... [Re: Gomp]
    #4183538 - 05/16/05 08:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it sparkls in my belly buttons, oh wait? ehum.. never mind!
this is one of the most profound post i hav e come to read the last ... well i be darned.. I can't recall reading such a profound post in ages!

Very neat to see what turns people on! That's a lot of words for you Gomp! :thumbup:

I have had the feeling for a long time that most of humanity including myself is asleep dreaming that we are awake. :wink: The dream is not very clear or controllable. For many it is nightmarish or confusing. :sad: Practicing lucid dream control is really a technique for waking up in our so called waking reality. :shocked:  Now to find out. :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4184132 - 05/16/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

newjon said:
Firstly: the ultimate lucid dream. This would be when, effectively you are GOD. Not a particular diety, i mean an ultimate creative force - you dream your ideal universe, you have your chosen place there, you are immortal. Surely, you ensure time for you there does not end?

During one of my mushroom trips, I realized that we are all god, in a universe we have created. We are immortal, and time will never end and we will never cease to exist. That was one of the worst feelings I have ever had! Thinking that you will never be unaware of everything. Do you really want to be immortal? Do you really want to live for ever? A lucid dream where I existed forever would be nearly an ultimate nightmare, not an ultimate lucid dream! And it is possible that we are in that state right now!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4184640 - 05/17/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I do wonder about time dilation in lucid dreams. What if you found a way to make your dream last a long long long time. What if you dreamed for a year of time and then woke up the next morning?

Imagine, living a dream life for a year and then waking up to your alarm clock. How fucked up would that be?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: More thoughts on lucid dreaming... [Re: freddurgan]
    #4185741 - 05/17/05 11:04 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
I do wonder about time dilation in lucid dreams. What if you found a way to make your dream last a long long long time. What if you dreamed for a year of time and then woke up the next morning?

Imagine, living a dream life for a year and then waking up to your alarm clock. How fucked up would that be?

And why is it that so many people are having trouble recalling their dreams?

Maybe you got the answer right there..?

Uhm, like if time moved forward and backwards.. in a second of time, you could step sideways, go where ever you want for no time at all (for ever?) then take the sidestepping back in to the second of time, and and read this as one continuing paragraph, without noticing, unless you did? :wink:

:confused: :thumbup:
:heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (05/17/05 11:07 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4185838 - 05/17/05 11:41 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

would it make sense to anyone if I said that I found 'back to' "reality" ("the collective consciousness") whilst asleep, in a lucid dream/dreams ..

:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (05/17/05 11:43 AM)

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: More thoughts on lucid dreaming... [Re: freddurgan]
    #4312265 - 06/19/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:

this is possible. lucid dreaming enables you to stretch your perception and do what you previously thought impossible. you can be as tiny as an atom, or as big as the whole universe. split yourself into two, three, and then a million persons. you have to learn to flex the power of your imagination. that would be fucked up though, living for a year in a dreamtime, then waking up and it had only been a few hours in reality. ahh...reality...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology