Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePapa_Smurff
Reality Bender

Loc: A Yellow Submarine
P.M. vs P.O. Boxes
    #4174536 - 05/14/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was planing on geting a P.M.(private mail) box and I was just wondering the pros and cons of P.M. and P.O. boxes. Which one is better than the other.

--------------------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: P.M. vs P.O. Boxes [Re: Papa_Smurff]
    #4174884 - 05/14/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a PO box traces back to your real address... or at the very least, the address on your drivers license

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflinePapa_Smurff
Reality Bender

Re: P.M. vs P.O. Boxes [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4175086 - 05/14/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So a P. M box is better

--------------------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
    #4175127 - 05/14/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I really don't know for sure but I would assume that PM companies also ask for valid ID when you rent a box. If that is true then anything you have sent their could be traced back to you. Even if they only had your true name, and not your address, ay law enforcemnt that really wanted to find you still could.

I don't know what you are planing on having sent there, but if your ordering spores I really don't think there is much to worry about. To the best of my knowledge nobody has ever ben investigated simply for buying some spores.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
Re: P.M. vs P.O. Boxes [Re: SoftRat]
    #4176844 - 05/15/05 12:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's all the same. PM,PO and Mail forwarding just gives you added padding, it's not really "secure" perse. It's simply more secure than using your home address. The only way to be truly certain you can't be traced is by registering a PM or PO with a novel (fake) ID or doing a mail drop to a box that isn't connected (traceable) to you in any way (empty house/apartment, etc...). Although, I don't think measures this drastic are necessary it's a good idea if you have the means.

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mobius_Strip (05/15/05 12:39 AM)

OfflinePapa_Smurff
Reality Bender

Re: P.M. vs P.O. Boxes [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #4178056 - 05/15/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well I'm planing on getting a P.M. box because my girlfriend works at the place that rents them out so she can rent one out to me. Is their any way that her renting it out to me can be beneficial?

--------------------
Buddha

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
    #4178271 - 05/15/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know enough about the postal system to tell you what she can do for you. She should know what she can, and is willing, to do for you in this regard. I use mail forwarding from "What's Interesting". They seem pretty good so far although it's not the cheapest method!

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: P.M. vs P.O. Boxes [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #4180978 - 05/16/05 12:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you need two pieces of id to get a pmb they take car insureance :wink: cards as id and a state liceance :smile: um is it possible for them to trace back ???

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: P.M. vs P.O. Boxes [Re: onetime]
    #4182261 - 05/16/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the main difference between a PMB and POB,
is DHL, UPS and FED EX won't deliver to a POB.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix