Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Prohibition: A view.
    #4182093 - 05/16/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Prohibition: IN this case, a masquerade known as the War on Drugs.

Come on people. Prohibition does not work. This country once amended the basis for its laws, to allow for the prohibition of alcohol, and that did no good.
Crime skyrocketed. Violence skyrocketed. People died from impure product.

THIS IS THE SAME THING!
More to the point, lately i've been reading posts that indicate that posters here support prohibition of one substance, but not another. There is no difference. If you support one facet of prohibition, then you implicitly support the entire shebang. There is no middle ground. You can't, for instance (see Meth thread in ODD) support the war on meth, and still have any right to the opinion that other drugs (marijuana, LSD, mushrooms, you name it) should be legal.

Bottom line, i'm tired of seeing posts that are so blatently hypocritical. Should some drugs be controlled? Certainly. Should they be outlawed selectively? Hell no.

If you support the right of an individual to use marijuana, mushrooms, LSD, etc, then allow others the right to use Meth, heroin, crack, etc.
And for the sake of the community, do not offer a hysterical opinion based off of propaganda and the inability of an individual to control their own usage.

This post inspired by this post from Diecommie:
Quote:

Meth fucked my life up. I did it for about a year. Worst year of my life.

Im all for legalizing pot, but i will never be for meth.

My best friend from teenage years still does it. He came over once all tweeked out and asked if he could do some on my kitchen table. I told him to leave and never come back, and i havent seen him since. He had so much potential as a youth, he loved art and computers and god. Now hes just a worthless piece of shit wandering the streets. I will always support the war on meth.

An aside to DieCommie: YOU fucked your life up. YOU took the drug. YOU allowed it to fuck your life up. It didn't hold you down. it didn't force you to take it. it was always YOUR choice. Don't displace whatever demons haunt your soul onto a drug.
Meth thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4174794/an/0/page/0

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Edited by Randolph Carter (05/16/05 12:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #4182112 - 05/16/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Criminalising something only makes it possible for criminals to do the dirty work. They are the ones that take the chances and use what ever means they have to for survival making the whole thing loaded with guns and death. Take away the criminalization of it and there will be no fear of loosing ones right to live in a free world. Costs will go down deaths will go down and people wont have to look at from the point of view of a criminal.

No fear = no guns. Its like they get this idea since i am doing "bad" things i am a bad person there for i got to do what i got to do to survive. Take away the high cash high risk and prices will fall people will shaire and drug wars and gang murders will seace within time.

InvisibleDieCommie

#4182125 - 05/16/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You are a petty person to attack me personally in the pub. I am entitled to my belief. I do think meth should be illegal and I dont make any apologizes about it. You dont know anything about me and my "demons" so stfu.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #4182130 - 05/16/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I fully agree

however, you're preaching to a choir that has heard this sermon many, many times

enough talk... we need to find a way to act.

edit: And though you may be right that DieCommie did this to himself or whatever, there's no reason to bring that here. Delete the mention of him from your post.

Was this post about prohibition and just happened to mention DieCommie, or is this a post about diecommie that you have disguised as a prohibition post?

Edited by Turd (05/16/05 12:25 PM)

Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: DieCommie]
    #4182142 - 05/16/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Die~ But to make one thing leagal and another not doesnt work thats how it all started. Giving government the power to take away things.

Just like any drug user they all have there demons. Its up to that person to decide whats right and wrong. You know the consequences of your actions. If it was liegal would you say hey its legal im gonna do it.?

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#4182159 - 05/16/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Your belief is straight hypocrisy. You cannot support a war on one drug, yet still cling to your right to do others that are under the SAME PROHIBITION.
Yet that's exactly what you are doing.

Hell, meth isn't even as prohibited as the marijuana you most likely smoke. Or the mushrooms you may have taken.
It's bad what happened to your friend. BUT HE DID IT TO HIMSELF!
It's bad what happened to you. BUT YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF!

Education on these substances and how to take them, along with all the dangers associated with them, is the only way to end what is truly (in the case of your friend, yourself, and all the other horror stories that get paraded about on a daily basis) a public health problem.

I can garuntee you that for every nasty incident with a tweaker, that there are 10 more users that are able to control their use, and use responsibly.
Just as there are marijuana users. Or mushroom users. Or heroin users.

You're buying into propaganda, and that's a sad thing to see.

To Turd:
The aside to DieCommie is exactly that: An aside. It wasn't proper for the thread there, so i included it here, seeing as it was the post that got me to act. The view expressed therein is central to the point i'm trying to make.
And i'm tired of seeing myriads of users voice a support for a "selective" war on drugs just because they had a bad experience.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4182197 - 05/16/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Devil's Advocate:

There are two main (not necessariliy mutually exclusive) reasonings for opposing prohibition:

1) Right of the individual to put what they want into their own body.
--if this is someone's reasoning, than it seems clear they cannot selectively choose which drugs this applies to.

2) The drug war causes more problems than it solves

Now if someone follows the only the latter, hypothetically, there could be a situation where prohibition of a certain drug was justified. For instance, if it is insanely addicting and yet relatively easy to detect and prevent its creation/distribution. In such cases, the benefits of prevention could outweigh the costs.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: Tao]
    #4182211 - 05/16/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Some drugs have no use except for putting money on peoples tables. Crack for instance.

Meth if used right can make or break some ones trip. If used correctly i see it being a posetive thing for a traveler facing a 3000 mile jurney. Or a guy that is about to take on a 80 hour work week. But when its used regualrly for these things that person can fall into addiction. But if you got to get something done and cant spend the time on sleep it can be a good thing only if it was a very rare thing.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#4182225 - 05/16/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
Devil's Advocate:

2) The drug war causes more problems than it solves

Now if someone follows the only the latter, hypothetically, there could be a situation where prohibition of a certain drug was justified. For instance, if it is insanely addicting and yet relatively easy to detect and prevent its creation/distribution. In such cases, the benefits of prevention could outweigh the costs.

If they want to prevent the supply of drugs to fulfill the demand, they need to interdict shipments. The majority of every illegal substance consumed in the U.S. is imported. Current numbers on meth indicate that over 80% of the supply is imported.

Were the authorities sincerely interested in the "drug problem" they would have investigated ways to cut the demand. Which i honestly doubt is a viable option.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4182237 - 05/16/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Were the authorities sincerely interested in the "drug problem" they would have investigated ways to cut the demand.

Isn't that exactly what the resounding failure known as 'D.A.R.E.' was?

And these new 'pot makes you shoot your friends in the face' commercials?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

#4182244 - 05/16/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There are always new ways of getting things into the country. The government gets way way way less misses then hits. Smuggeling runs so deep into the government the dealers no whats up before the Officials ever do.

seems like for every truck load of pot that gets busted im sure 20 or more drive right past my house.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#4182248 - 05/16/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

And it was a resounding failure. Basically all that did was tell kids that there are drugs out there they've never heard of.
Then puberty hit, and curiosity took over.

In short, the demand hasn't changed. Probably won't.
But you cannot argue for the prohibition of one drug and the legalization of another under the current prohibition. It's not set up like that.

--------------------

#4182257 - 05/16/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dare is a huge failure! Im proof of that.

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4182282 - 05/16/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
Dare is a huge failure!  Im proof of that.

:lol:

Me as well.

Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: Oddish]
    #4182292 - 05/16/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ignorance is bliss and teaching 5th graders about drugs is not a smart idea at all. Its like drug dealing bootcamp.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4182300 - 05/16/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
:bitch:

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#4182313 - 05/16/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Teaching 10th graders about the actual dangers of drugs and not hyped up bullshit is a better idea.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4182338 - 05/16/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thats what i tried to do in 11th grade. the teacher didn't like my views very much though.

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: Oddish]
    #4182339 - 05/16/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Oddish said:
Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
Dare is a huge failure!  Im proof of that.

:lol:

Me as well.

Dare actually put the idea in my head to smoke pot.  Ohhh I know this is off topic but dont you hate those commercials

"Man im really high"
"Look a gun"
BOOM
"JOHNY ARE YOU OKAY?"

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4182340 - 05/16/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

in my health class.

--------------------

#4182396 - 05/16/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In hisorey class we were supposed to find articals on current events from around the world. Mine all came from High Times and were all based on the drug war.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4182409 - 05/16/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

nice, i never read high times because i didn't smoke pot at the time. i just memorized erowid.

--------------------

#4182422 - 05/16/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i didnt smoke at the time eather. I just cared about the subject.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #4182503 - 05/16/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The hardest part is taking action against these laws. I've had countless conversations with people about the failures of the drug war, yet they refuse to consider my point. The whole thing can be rather tiring. As of now I've lost all hope in most of humanity, but maybe something later in my life will spark me to take on an activist role. As for now though, I'll discuss drugs with people if they are genuinely interested, but if someone just wants a chance to shout their opinion I'll pass.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: Prohibition: A view. [Re: Cherk]
    #4184485 - 05/16/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Action against the laws takes the form of education.
A well layed out pamphlet with unbiased information, and sources for more information, is the best way to do it.
It's still a rough road.

Myself, i talk to police about it. Nearly every policeman/woman i've encountered and had a rational conversation about it with agrees that nearly all drugs should be legal to consume/possess in the privacy of your home, and that if one is responsible with the use of that drug, for them to be under the influence in public settings. that's my contribution, thus far, to this fight. the only way to fight misinformation is to present the truth. The really hard part is keeping the bias out of the statements.
It's a worthy cause.

DieCommie: I'm still waiting for an explanation of your belief. That's what i want. I've stated my side; Where's yours?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder