Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever....
    #4181221 - 05/16/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think that we are most lost and in the dark when we feel we have it all figured out or even close to it, we are fools.  We only blind ourselves to so much more that the universe might be trying to tell us through other people or anything when have the foolish "know it all" attitude.  I am just as guilty as anyone ever has been of this kind of arrogant mindset, and now thank God I have learned the importance of being humble and teachable to the new. 
Plus all the knowledge and insight on earth really doesn't amount to jack shit when it all comes down to it.  Learning to walk or put into daily action our gained knowledge and wisdom is the real objective.  Otherwise we are about as good as any other lazy "know it all" who really doesn't know much if they haven't learned how to apply their wisdom effectively into daily life. 
As I said, I know this personally from my own experience.  Gaining new perspectives and insights is always exciting and should always be sought in life.  But from everything I have learned in my 31 years of life, I am led to believe more and more that its really all about love and how effectively we can learn to capture that in ourselves and express it to others and all the world is really what it boils down to in the end.  Love seems to be the root motivation for all of conscious awareness and its the foundation of joy and gives life real meaning and purpose.  Anyway, these are just my thoughts that I feel are worth sharing.  I know that we are all bound by the very same governing laws of reality. Just like we all are stuck to the earth by gravity which is a universal law of physics, we are also bound by spiritual or hyperdimensional laws that govern conscious awareness, whether or not these laws have been officially identified by physics or not.  I believe pretty firmly that love is a governing universal truth or law that is relevant to us all.  You know how its said in religion and throughout the Bible that "God is love."  Well, considering that how I believe God represents the WHOLE that we are all pieces of individually, kind of like cells in a body.  Love is the force or substance that brings people and life together in a more harmonic peaceful manner...and love seems to always push or lead to a more and more harmonizing and unifying order.  So maybe that is partly where the statement that God is Love comes from or is really all about.  Because without universal love.....all of us individual pieces or cells in the body of God (the universe) would never come together or have any reason to.  Just something interesting to ponder.  By the way....I am the real know it all if there ever was one...I'll admit.  But that just means I am also as clueless as the next person.  Maybe in the end we will all be surprised to find out that squirrels were the ones who really knew the whole picture better than anyone, and perhaps it was them who designed the whole universe.  And then when all the truth is revealed to us all.....light will shine down from above on a squirrel who will look back at us with a twinkle in its eyes and declare unto all in a high pitched voice, "It was I!"  You never know.  But next time you are on shrooms and you see a squirrel running around and gathering nuts and what not. Just imagine it saying that with a sly twinkle in its eye.  I bet you will laugh.  :nut:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever.... [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4181264 - 05/16/05 06:03 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

If you feed the squirrels with nuts and fruits, the twinkle in their eye's are much brighter....  :sun:
Careful, they will be eating from your hands in no time....  :wink:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlinejcldragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever.... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4181379 - 05/16/05 08:40 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Filling one's head with book knowledge & Scriptures, does not put those things into the actuality of manefestation. It is like staring at a finger, instead of looking where the finger points.

It's a very easy mistake to make... a case of the Ego grasping for the status of holiness for itself, rather than entering into the sublimnity of Realization. What makes the difference happen, is the shift in attitude, from the personal point of view, to the Universal Awakening.

Having grappled with this problem considerably, there is a fairly simple test one can use to find out where you really are at. There is no conflict in Enlightenment, since Enlightenment is a state of harmony with the underlying principles of the universe. Since Causality is internal, one may view external conditions to be a symbolic mirror of what is going on inside your head. If you find conflict & adversity in your circumstances, then your part of that lies in some attitude you must be clinging to. Finding what your part of it is, can be done even with the method of Trial & Error... assuming you have a learning curve...

OK. Maybe that isn't quite so simple. hehehe BUT, it does give you something to work with. :wink:

--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever.... [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4181524 - 05/16/05 10:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with your conclusions about Love! :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4181570 - 05/16/05 10:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You could know everything.. and in these habits, still create this reality to live in.. that's why i don't bother typing page up and page down anymore.. :smile:

kick the habits..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever.... [Re: Gomp]
    #4181641 - 05/16/05 11:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The know it all attitude is every bit as legitimate as the know nothing attitude. The basis of our forward motion and of life is in the things we do know. So we do know something, not everything, but who claims that?

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever.... [Re: sox24]
    #4181690 - 05/16/05 12:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps if someone got to the point of knowing everything, there would be nothing to claim....?

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: you can figure out the whole universe and still be just as ignorant as ever.... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4182570 - 05/16/05 04:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The start is the end
You read that and will live your whole life
To prove that it wasn't

The mysteries don't end
You encounter something mystical
Because we didn't hear from you

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #4182736 - 05/16/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:mushroom2:"and we can take this Huge universe, and put it inside a tiny head; you fold it." :smirk: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology