Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: A dead horse subject: Liquid Mycelium, a new approach? [Re: doctor_kandee]
    #4180753 - 05/15/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Purity is a big issue whenever consuming some unidentifiable white fuzz from a jar. With a mature fruitbody, you have a better idea of what you're putting into your mouth.

I've never heard of anyone getting off on liquid mycelium.

Sclerotia, and colonized grains have both been consumed with success. Psilocybe azurescens seems to outperform Psilocybe cubensis for colonized grain consumption. Older mycelium seems more potent than newer mycelium. It takes about as much time as fruiting cubensis after you mature the jars, and produces about half as much as what you would have gotten fruiting jars of cubensis and harvesting the fruitbodies using the same amount of substrate.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A dead horse subject: Liquid Mycelium, a new approach? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4243106 - 06/01/05 04:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Was there any data on how much psilocybin and psilocin was grown per litre with a 4% malt extract with azure or cubensis?

Offlinedoctor_kandee
Stranger
Re: A dead horse subject: Liquid Mycelium, a new approach? [Re: blackout]
    #4693830 - 09/22/05 02:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, months later, and a little wiser, I'm ready to re-write gottlieb's book.
That said let me say what i've learned so far from you all.
I went to a local beer store. Good place.
Found lightest malt extract I could.
Made 1% malt extract agar, and 1% pdya. Grew golden teacher on these agars swapping until I had a strain of doom, meaning a strong ass strain that seemed to take over everything.
Now, I'm the type who feels small scale is best, so I didn't do gallon carboys, though could very easily have, but was afraid of contams.
So I got an aquarium aspirator and tubing from wally world, along with some $1.00 tupperware square ripoffs and a hepa filter refill for hepa filter air containers. Total investment since I couldn't fit other shit in my pockets, maybe $10, was a while ago. Bought some head gasket sealant from autozone, another $5.00. Now, I made a little box for the aspirator with only holes drilled for power cord and tubing sealed with gasket sealant. (think it's like silicone or something.)
This was my source of aspiration.
Drilled 2 holes in tops of my liquid jars , one filled with polyfil, other with nothing. Filled with %1 malt extract liquid. Pushed tubing through hole without sealing so I could reuse. In future, may use those great little filter tops that allow gas escapage instead of the poly fill. inoculated liquid with mega GT agar scraping, and let aspirator go 24/7 for about a week. Good results, almost looked exactly like gottlieb's quart jar mycelium pics. Only filled quart jar half up for fear of boiling over and stuff. Could have made third hole with glass tube and seal for inoculation, but was trying to be cheap. Only took 3 tries with same jar to get good results. In the future, I'm going to use an inline filter from mushroom magic, and try some azurescens grown on malt, and add a bit of bark from DMT tree to attempt potency upgrade. This jar that was fully colonized was dumped in a koolaid mixture without extraction, and gave 5 people good body buzzes.
It can be done, and soon, I'll have a full fledged tech up that will put gottlieb's to shame.
Till then, just wanted to say, it can be done, and Liquid mycelium takes less time for a smaller yield. I'll sacrifice yield for the ability to make up a dose in a week, and easily expanding to 25 jars a week, making 200 doses a month, which if extracted properly, could be a nice yield.
Thansk to all who educated me on here and thanks for your great ideas, I promise a larger scale production method soon, using a 5 gallon carboy set with proper eq, therefore increasing yield.
It can be done people.
Pics would be posted, but I exposed the film cause I'm a dumb ass, so next time, I'll post them, from agar to final.
Gottlieb was on right track, just needed some tweaking, and just one question for the mycophiles here:
Would oxygen introduction into the medium from an oxygen tank be as good or better than an aspirator? Seems to me it would, and it would cut down contams, cause I found an oxygen tank minus regulator for like $12.00 locally that could make up to 15-20 gallons of wine, which would theoretically be large amounts of said mycelium.
If I am wrong on this, tell me now.
Till then, PLUR and good luck!

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A dead horse subject: Liquid Mycelium, a new approach? [Re: doctor_kandee]
    #4693844 - 09/22/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am convinced Gottlieb was off track by a factor of 10 on his predictions. You do not mention volumes at all. What volume of a 1% LC were these 5 people taking?

Offlinedoctor_kandee
Stranger
Re: A dead horse subject: Liquid Mycelium, a new approach? [Re: blackout]
    #4702026 - 09/23/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Each subject dosed about ratioly speaking*, one quart jar of lc extract and was happy with the results. Personally, I dosed myself 2 extra extracted jars and was in for a hell of a trip.
That said, let's get back to what some may have missed in my post, my question.

Would an increase in pure oxygen give an decreased time/increased potency for LC, as we have shown with proper areation, Gottlieb was partially correct in theory.

Comments on this please? My idea is to set up an oxygen tank to areate all my jars instead of the modified aquarium aspirator I've been using.

*ratios/notes: took 10 jars of fulled out mycellium, extracted them as gottlieb suggest with slight modification, the lack of heat for drying. I did not use heat in any form of for drying. The only heat used was a coffee warmer use with a coldfinger setup for a low heat methanol evaporation with recovery of the methanol. I used this same setup to extract the original methanol from the polar winshield solvent.
Ok, to my ratios. 5 jars of extract material went into a kool aid solution of 5 quarts koolaid liquid made like the instructions on the pack said. Only difference was I now added extract material and blended like mad crazy to make sure it was properly mixed in.
Each individual was given a quart of koolaid which was consumed over a 30 min period or so, as that is a lot of liquid to consume, but whatever, free trip if it worked.
Depending on the individual, each one starting reporting onset of shroom-like effects at different time periods. Was a social gathering, so I wasn't doing anything scientific like keeping track of when each individual's onset was and all that, the only scientific-like thing I did was make sure those individuals did not consume any other form of intoxicant that night, and they were happy with the results.
I could further research this properly, but do not have chromatography equipment, nor see the need, as it seems 1 quart jar will lead to one good dose of said material if given proper conditions.

Edited by doctor_kandee (09/23/05 06:57 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale